PDA

View Full Version : What apps do YOU use?

Christina
06-05-2013, 12:16 PM
I posted this on Facebook too...but figured I'd post it here for those who aren't on my Facebook. I recently bought a little tablet for a friend of mine, and she's a mom of 5 kids who loves crafts, cooking, art, education, couponing, that kind of thing. I'm not all that familiar with that stuff so what apps do you use? This is an Android tablet but most apps are available.

purple
06-05-2013, 12:21 PM
On my ipad I use NLT bible, daily bread, zombie zoo, plants vs zombies, calculator, ipad banking, pages, numbers, pages+ (for my fb business page), izettle, bbc I player, sky go and itv player.

snooch
06-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Pinterest has an app that now lets you pin things that you see when browsing on your tablet. You can get live wallpapers that rotate through pictures for the wallpaper of the tablet. I'm not into any of those particular interests, so the apps I use most often might not be ones your friend would enjoy.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, so one of my favorite apps is BeyondPod. It's so awesome with all kinds of controls and widgets and customizable options for downloading and managing podcasts you listen to.

I use the Nook, Kindle, and Google Books apps for reading. You can find lots of free classics and it's a handy way to have a book with me anywhere I go.

I use the Wikipedia app to look things up easily, which is convenient because it has an offline version. And Dictionary.com for looking up words.

Games, I have Words with Friends, Song Pop, and Draw Something, plus all the various Angry Birds games. All great time killers :)

I use Friendcaster as a Facebook replacement, and it's pretty good. I like it better than the FB app.

snooch
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Oh and the YouVersion Bible is very nice. There are lots of reading plans, many versions available for offline reading, good notes and bookmarks features, etc. Nice to have a Bible with me in my pocket too. :)

Virginia
06-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I am not a game person, but I love social networks!

I use:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest
Mint Financial App for budgeting
Google Maps app for directions
I Heart Radio
Starbucks :behindsofa:
Nike Running
Zillow
iTunes U
Redbox

...that's it.

snooch
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I keep thinking of other ones I use LOL. I don't like Twitter's native app so I use Plume for a Twitter replacement and like it a lot.

I love Google Play Music which imported my iTunes playlist very nicely.

And Yelp has an app that is really convenient when we're out and trying to find someplace to eat - it uses GPS location to tell us restaurants that are close by and we can look up their ratings on the go.

Xinnamon
06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Waze is great for finding the most time-saving route to a destination, getting up-to-date information about slow traffic and even alerts on highway patrol ahead (it really works)!

I also use FB, WhatsApp, Yelp, Youtube, OpenTable and Instagram.

snooch
06-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I love Waze. I've gotten saved from many speed traps because of Waze.

blythe_ann
06-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Most of my most commonly used apps are work out related. I have the Daily Abs, Daily Arms, Daily Legs, Daily Butt and Daily Cardio apps that I use all the time.
I have a period tracker that I find mighty handy. I also have the Safeway app, the all recipes dinner spinner and my bank app.
I like to keep it simple so that's about it.

Historia
06-14-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm bumping this because I'm interested in apps that people like/use and this thread's a year old, so maybe there's new ones to mention.

I don't use many apps right now, but the ones I do use are:
Glow (it's a fertility or period tracker app)
Instagram
Map My Walk

mina
06-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I got a smartphone like maybe 3 months ago????? I use Instagram (although it rarely loads right for me), Fertility Friend, e-bay, sometimes I use master night sky, swag bucks, the Bible app, and a flashlight app, and checkout 51 ( a cash back app- you buy the products they list each week and you earn cash back; when you get $20 -they send you a check, it's stuff I buy anyway like eggs, milk, laundry detergent, etc…))

snooch
06-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I love playing Words With Friends with people, and SongPop. My other favorite game is The Simpsons: Tapped Out -- I'm pretty much addicted. :D

For regular apps, I am always on Gmail and Plume, which is a Twitter app that I like a lot more than the native Twitter app.

I use the Bible app from YouVerse, and Daily Bible also, both of which are free and have a lot of versions available.

For music, I use Google Play Music and Pandora. For podcasts I use BeyondPod which is one of my favorite apps maybe ever for podcasting.

For note taking and list making, I love Color Note and Wunderlist, and for eBooks I use the Kindle app, the Nook app, and Google Play Books. They all have free eBooks available, either regularly or on specials, so I always have something to read wherever I am.

Oh, and my husband and I frequently use an app called Hey Tell, which is voice messaging. It's sort of like those old Nextel phones you used to see, where you can ping someone and they can hear you speak to them in real-time. Whenever we're in the car and don't want to text, that's what we use to communicate.

Sage
06-14-2014, 09:23 PM
The apps I use the most are:

~ The calendar - I don't know how I survived before I had a calendar LOL
~ Facebook
~ What'sApp - international texting to text my family
~ MyCycle - Period/fertility tracker
~ Youtube
~ Netflix
~ Google Chrome
~ Bible (I have a few)
~ Instagram
~ Kindle reader
~ Weather Channel
~ Adobe PDF reader (I use that for my school work quite a bit)

The rest are different games for me and the kids.