PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again) from Blythe

blythe_ann
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm not new, but I took a second leave of absence and didn't know where else to put a life update that would make sense. So I'm re-introducing myself. Hope that's not weird or selfish sounding... just thought it might be easier.
I am a Christian from childhood, I'm married to my high school sweetheart (started dating at 14, married at 19, it's now 7 years later), I'm a furry "baby" mama (3 dogs), a professional musician (composing, performing, teaching and a "day job" at a music store), a health enthusiast (I especially love running, weight training and eating a clean nutrition plan) and minimalist (only own what we need and only buy to replace).
I left christsgarden the first time because I was stressed out with my daily schedule. I cleaned up my space and my time and came back. I left again because I didn't feel like I was making the deep connections I desperately wanted. And I came back again, because I'm not making those connections in the real world, either and this is a wonderful group of women to have casual friendships with.
Since my last time here, a lot has happened. I felt as close to depressed as I ever have for a couple of months for a lot of reasons that I really want to share with someone but don't feel like this particular post is the best place to do so. My dad was cancer free and then wasn't, this time more serious than ever before-- we are taking my parents to Hawaii in February to celebrate his life, no matter how long it is. We witnessed a few divorces of close friends and family. But in good news, I woke up from my foul mood for no explainable reason except that God is GOOD and my husband and I, who have a freakishly happy marriage, are even more freakishly close than before having been through a small trying time.
I look forward to chatting with you ladies again. I hope I can be a positive impact here, or at least not a hindrance!

purple
01-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Nice to have you back :)

blythe_ann
01-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks, purple :)

snooch
01-01-2014, 07:18 PM
It's great to have you back :hug:

How is your dad doing? I've thought about him, and you, many times since your last break.

blythe_ann
01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey, Snooch :)
My dad is doing okay. He had his chemo treatments in the spring and was declared cancer free in the summer. He has talked about going to Hawaii when he was cancer free since he first found out, so we are taking them in February. But then he went in for another check up and it was back. He did one last chemo treatment that was supposed to take care of that because it was small. But test results came back just this week saying it was still there and "aggressive". He is going to wait until after Hawaii to do anything about it, because the surgeries typically knock him out for a month or so. He is in good spirits otherwise, though I think after Hawaii he will officially retire because, as he says, if he doesn't have much time left here, he would rather do something other than work.

It's kind of you to think of me :) I appreciate that very much. How are you and yours?

mina
01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Welcome back! Praying for your father!

katzankatz
01-01-2014, 08:22 PM
so glad to see you back!

snooch
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Hey, Snooch :)
My dad is doing okay. He had his chemo treatments in the spring and was declared cancer free in the summer. He has talked about going to Hawaii when he was cancer free since he first found out, so we are taking them in February. But then he went in for another check up and it was back. He did one last chemo treatment that was supposed to take care of that because it was small. But test results came back just this week saying it was still there and "aggressive". He is going to wait until after Hawaii to do anything about it, because the surgeries typically knock him out for a month or so. He is in good spirits otherwise, though I think after Hawaii he will officially retire because, as he says, if he doesn't have much time left here, he would rather do something other than work.

It's kind of you to think of me :) I appreciate that very much. How are you and yours?

I'm very sorry to hear he's going through this. He sounds like he has a good attitude about it and has his priorities right - family, enjoying life, etc. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers. Hawaii sounds like it will be wonderful, especially in February!

All my people are doing well. We're enjoying the last few days of holiday break now :)

Virginia
01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Welcome back, Blythe! I missed you :hug: I'll be praying for your dad and his health and spirits.

Kehaar
01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Praying for your family, Blythe. It's lovely to see you back. :hug:

Jesus-is-the-1
01-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Welcome back! :)

Ramura
01-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Welcome back! It's good to see you again. :)

BelovedDaughter
01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Welcome back!

judy02
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Welcome back Blythe :hug:

Praying for your family

Sage
01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Great to have you back!

GM
01-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Welcome back :)

Sam
01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Sorry I'm late to this, but I'm really glad you're back!