PDA

View Full Version : What is The Lord doing?

pickle
01-14-2014, 04:37 PM
I really don't understand what is going on. I have prayed for a positive outcome but now a major roadblock has come up. This is bad. I don't know what to think of it. Just came out of the blue. Why I ask, why?

snooch
01-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Whatever the reason, God has a plan. Sometimes his answer to our prayers is not the answer we are looking for. We want things to go one way, but he has other things in mind - and we can be assured they will be better things.

Proverbs 16:9 tells us, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." A more colloquial saying is, "Man plans, and God laughs." All I know is that whatever he has in mind for you is going to be the best thing for your life, even if it doesn't feel that way now.

Be encouraged by Romans 8:28. God works ALL things for our good. Even the things that seem insurmountable to us, or not at all what we had in mind. He'll work it for your good.

Virginia
01-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Praying for clarity, peace, and comfort :hug: It's hard when we don't understand what God is doing.

pickle
01-14-2014, 09:08 PM
I have read some articles and know that I have to trust in The Lord. Perhaps this is a way to strengthen my relationship with Him.

purple
01-15-2014, 03:18 AM
It certain could be a time where The Lord wants to strengthen the relationship.
We need to learn to lean on him, wait on him and trust in him.
Sometimes we pray for what we want rather than praying for Gods will to be done in a situation.
These are, of course, just generalisations, as we don't know the details, but if you keep seeking the will of God then in time this period of life will have clarity.

pickle
01-15-2014, 08:23 AM
This has just really thrown me for a turn. While I'm remaining strong with The Lord, I really don't know how much more of this I can handle. Won't go into details here, but I find myself less interested in my relationship with my partner now.

scarygothgirl
01-15-2014, 11:44 AM
I was listening to a sermon that talked about how sometimes when we have children we have to take them to the doctor to have injections, and from their perspective they're being horribly tortured for no reason. But we know that what we're doing is really best for them in the long run. Sometimes it's like that with God, we encounter things that are truly terrible from our perspective, but He can see how it will benefit us in the long run and how it will help us to learn and grow.

purple
01-15-2014, 02:29 PM
I like that analogy Scary... That's going in the sermon bank...

Sage
01-15-2014, 03:54 PM
One of my favorite verses for dealing with tough times is Roman 5:3-4, "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Often times it's only after I've gone through the tribulation that I can see why God allowed me to go through it. Because every time I have developed perseverance, character and hope <3

purple
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
One of my favorite verses for dealing with tough times is Roman 5:3-4, "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Often times it's only after I've gone through the tribulation that I can see why God allowed me to go through it. Because every time I have developed perseverance, character and hope <3

And look at what he has done!!! He are a testament to his grace and glory!