PDA

View Full Version : Summer plans?

Xinnamon
04-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Any plans for the summer? :)

My mom and aunt are coming to visit in June, so I'll be taking 2 weeks off to spend some time with them.

snooch
04-24-2014, 12:56 AM
I think I'm in denial that it's almost summer. I haven't planned anything, and don't have any ideas for plans. Maybe I'll get some good ideas from this thread :)

GM
04-24-2014, 01:04 AM
We have a packed summer :/
Scout Camp, Church camp, going to Mexico and Hawaii and SF.

katzankatz
04-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Just our annual week at family camp, for sure. I'm not sure what else.

Xinnamon
04-24-2014, 01:11 AM
We had plans to go to Italy, but looks like it's not going to happen. :sadno:
We'll probably plan a couple of weekend road trips though.

purple
04-24-2014, 03:57 AM
I'll just be out selling my goodies!

~Kellee~
04-24-2014, 08:32 AM
We have a busy summer coming up. We're going to Hawaii at the end of May, then I'm going down to visit my family, taking a couple of online classes, and (hopefully) moving.

Ramura
04-24-2014, 08:38 AM
I have my sister's wedding at the end of May. That's out of state at our family's cottage in PA (about 3.5 hours from our MD home). I'm taking a whole week off of work, most of which is for the wedding but part of it is also for my summer class (which starts that week). My class will go to July 3, and after that I want to re-take the GRE. No real solid plans beyond that, but I'm hoping to go to Hershey Park at the end of July and may go to the cottage again for a long weekend.

mina
04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
We were talking about this just last night! We want to go to the beach, go hiking, go biking, go to farmer's roadside stands, take a little trip for our anniversary, go yard and garage and barn sailing on long island. I want to take some online classes and paint my dining room, small bathroom, and laundry room cabinets. We also want to work on our side yard.

Sam
04-24-2014, 09:23 AM
We don't have many plans. It's Cassy's last summer before she goes to school so it'll be a bittersweet summer. :/

Sage
04-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm taking the summer off from school this year, sort of. I'm not taking classes at the college but I'm going to try to use the summer to study and try and CLEP some of my classes. Hopefully, that way I can still make some progress on my degree but not have the pressure of deadlines while my kids are at home with me during the summer. My kids will be gone for six weeks with their dad. During that time I'll volunteer for VBS at my church. I've been invited by my exes grandmother to come out to her timeshare in June. I'd love to do that so I can visit with her <3 My mom is also supposed to come out to visit in July. She wants to take a road trip, possibly to Colorado, which I'd love to do. I hope she's been saving her pennies though cos she'll have to be the one to foot the bill LOL and I'd need to definitely put new tires on my car to do that. My mom should still be here for a couple of weeks after the kids get back from their dads so I hope to make a beach trip with the kids and possibly take them swimming while I have the extra pair of hands to help. And then I'd just like to make a bunch of awesome memories with my kids this summer :D

Virginia
04-24-2014, 02:00 PM
DH and I are going to North Carolina to go hiking, ziplining, and whitewater rafting! We also plan to do a high ropes course while we're there.

This will probably be our last big vacation for a while and is definitely the last time we'll have time off together during the summer, so we want to take advantage of it :)

BelovedDaughter
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't know what we will end up doing, but before it is officially summer, this baby girl will be born and I'm sure we will have our hands full!

mum2only1
04-25-2014, 06:32 AM
We have a packed summer :/
Scout Camp, Church camp, going to Mexico and Hawaii and SF.

When are you going to SF and Hawaii? We'll be in SF from July 13th to the 16th then in Waikiki until the 23rd.
Where in Hawaii will you be going to?

mum2only1
04-25-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm going back to Indiana with my husband and son. My friend at home is letting us stay with her. We will be over there for 5 weeks. I'm planning a trip to Cincinnati to see my brother and we may take a trip to Chicago for a few days with my younger brother and his girlfriend. In Indianapolis I want to take my son to The Children's Museum, Conner Prairie Settlement where they dress up like they live in the 1800s. We'll swim alot in my friend's pool and just relax. My birthday is the 12th of July so I'll be over there to celebrate it. Then we plan to fly to SF and see a few things...then fly to Hawaii for a week before flying back here.

Xinnamon
04-25-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm going back to Indiana with my husband and son. My friend at home is letting us stay with her. We will be over there for 5 weeks. I'm planning a trip to Cincinnati to see my brother and we may take a trip to Chicago for a few days with my younger brother and his girlfriend. In Indianapolis I want to take my son to The Children's Museum, Conner Prairie Settlement where they dress up like they live in the 1800s. We'll swim alot in my friend's pool and just relax. My birthday is the 12th of July so I'll be over there to celebrate it. Then we plan to fly to SF and see a few things...then fly to Hawaii for a week before flying back here.

That sounds awesome ! Will be glad to have dinner together if you have any spare time in SF! :)

mum2only1
04-25-2014, 07:25 PM
That sounds awesome ! Will be glad to have dinner together if you have any spare time in SF! :)

Would love that!!!

blythe_ann
04-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Bummer, no one is planning any trips through the sticks of Nebraska... ;).

Ideally, I'll get pregnant this summer and I will plan trips to tell people. But, since this is earth and not the perfect world...
I have a half in June in South Dakota and my husband has a cycling race in Colorado in July. We are planning a weekend trip to Boulder, CO and another to Lincoln, NE to visit family and friends and see things we don't have here.