PDA

View Full Version : The Blogs You Follow

blythe_ann
05-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I probably spend too much time online as it is, but I always love finding new blogs to follow. Since we all have such differing interests, I was wondering if anyone follows any blogs or websites on a regular basis?

I follow;

becomingminimalist -- I love reading inspirational things on why minimalism is a positive lifestyle choice. So far, I love being a minimalist, it's kind of who I am.

ohsheglows -- a vegan food blog. I am not a full fledged vegan but I really enjoy her recipes, especially the super power chia bread.

hyperboleandahalf -- She is hilarious, but she does use some language. I can't read a post of hers without laughing out loud and her posts on depression are probably the most true and also funny I have ever read.

mina
05-01-2014, 06:01 PM
ReFashionista- She is my hero and I wish we were BFF's. She thrifts old clothes and designs and sews them into a brand new lovely garment. Basically it's what I've been doing for years and never made a blog about. Then she donates the new lovely garment to a charity thrift store. She's just a fun girl.

snooch
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I was going to suggest hyperboleandahalf :D. I also love The Oatmeal - also, some language, but just hilarious.

I follow Reason Magazine for Libertarian news. www.reason.com

I like consumer advocate and travel blogger Christopher Elliott. I usually just follow him on Twitter and read the articles he links to that are of interest to me. http://elliott.org/

blythe_ann
05-01-2014, 06:08 PM
The Oatmeal is fun, too. Hyperbole is my favorite and I'm so bummed she hasn't posted in a while (mostly since her book!).
I do sometimes follow getoffmyinternets ... because I'm curious about some of the terrible bloggers out there and I like to read the forums because some people can just be hilarious.

Virginia
05-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't really follow any blogs, but I check them out occasionally. I have friends who blog, so I tend to read those :)

Historia
05-01-2014, 07:19 PM
The Bloggess (may be offensive to some)
And mine (in sig) when I can access it. :P (Some blogging sites not allowed in China.)

snooch
05-01-2014, 07:32 PM
These aren't blogs, but I do love www.damnyouautocorrect.com and the hilarious comic www.xkcd.com (updated three times a week). :D

mina
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
I love Cake Wrecks- I laugh so much at something so stupid, but it makes me happy.

snooch
05-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I forgot about Cake Wrecks! That's a hilarious blog :D

katzankatz
05-01-2014, 11:09 PM
renegadeseamstress - very nice clothing reconstructions
cakewrecks - pretty much the funniest thing on the internet
passiveaggressivenotes - entertaining
boredpanda - fun to just sit and look at, lots and lots of fascinating stuff - great pictures.

blythe_ann
05-02-2014, 09:38 AM
snooch, visited the autocorrect site last night... bad idea! I couldn't stop reading. Hilarious!

I used to follow chocolatecoveredkatie, but I could never follow her recipes because you could sub pretty much every ingredient with something else and it drove me crazy. I also used to follow jseverydayfashion, because I'm fashion stupid, but I kind of decided I didn't like her style.

BelovedDaughter
05-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Cake Wrecks
The Pioneer Woman
Money saving mom

GM
05-03-2014, 03:16 PM
snooch, visited the autocorrect site last night... bad idea! I couldn't stop reading. Hilarious!

I used to follow chocolatecoveredkatie, but I could never follow her recipes because you could sub pretty much every ingredient with something else and it drove me crazy. I also used to follow jseverydayfashion, because I'm fashion stupid, but I kind of decided I didn't like her style.

She has some cute looks :) Just checked it out.

blythe_ann
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah, she does have some cute stuff. I am just not one for colored pants. She looks cute, I just don't like them on me.