PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies

snooch
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I've always loved how some of the best movies of the year come out during the summer. I loved The Fault in Our Stars, and I really want to see Maleficent!

What movies have you/will you see this summer?

Xinnamon
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
I haven't been to the movie theater for ages , but I do want to see The Fault in Our Stars! :)

mina
06-27-2014, 02:35 PM
I still want to see Maleficent! Jersey Boys, maybe….. The Giver, but I'm not that excited about the cast. There aren't many summer movies that look that good to me this year.

snooch
06-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I was thinking the same mina - there seem to be fewer out this year that I'm excited about. I've been seeing the trailer for Jersey Boys and I'm more interested in it than I thought I would be!

Xin, you'll love Fault in Our Stars :D

katzankatz
06-27-2014, 04:58 PM
I can't think of anything that I must see this summer. Maybe The Giver, but I haven't even read that book yet. I should get in the library queue and maybe by the time the movie comes out the book will be available.

snooch
06-27-2014, 08:23 PM
I want to see X-Men too, I forgot about that one.

GM
06-27-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm the worst at Movies but if I go, the kiddos go with me so...there's nothing out there atm that catches my eye.

GM
06-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Ok so I lied. Going to go watch How to Train Your Dragon 2 while in the city next week :)

blythe_ann
07-27-2014, 09:39 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread while I was MIA for a while. We LOVE movies here and go almost once every other week.
My favorite movie this summer has been Malificent. My second favorite was How to Train Your Dragon 2. We just saw Hercules, and it was kind of a neat spin on an old tale, even if I'm not a fan of Dwayne Johnson.
Coming up this year I'm looking forward to the final installment of the Hobbit, even if the second was kind of dumb. (At least, I think it's coming out this year?). Also very much looking forward to Pitch Perfect 2 when it comes out in 2015.

mina
07-27-2014, 10:19 PM
I think I gave up on the Giver; the more I see previews for it; the more I don't want to see it. The James Brown biopic looks good though.

snooch
07-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Oooh I forgot about my own thread LOL. A lot more movies are coming out now that I'm wanting to see! Lucy and the James Brown ones are top of my list. I went out and bought The Giver (book) so I could read it before the movie, but I didn't make it - so that may have to wait for DVD.

Later on, I am dying for Mockingjay, and also can't wait for the final Hobbit!

Sage
07-28-2014, 01:02 AM
I saw the Fault in Our Stars. An interesting tidbit I found out - the man that wrote the book, John Green, helped me pass my US History I test LOL I watched all the Crash Course History videos on YouTube and he is the host :D

Snooch, I have heard 3 different people tell me how bad Lucy was. One of those people was my cashier at WalMart and he brought it up randomly about how he had just seen it and wished he hadn't. He said he'd rather be subjected to watching every Disney movie ever made than be made to watch Lucy again LOL

The one I am looking forward to is Mocking Jay. More because I promised Katheryn we would go and see it after I took her to see Catching Fire last year so I'm looking forward to seeing it with her.

snooch
07-28-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm going to be disappointed if Lucy is bad! I only know one couple who has seen it and they liked it. Now I'm second guessing it LOL.