PDA

View Full Version : Food Deliveries

purple
09-27-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm trying out a new company!!!

I've tried a local food box company, it was great to support a local company but they sent such random food that it was just too hard to make 'meals' out of it and the use by dates were shocking!

I've tried home deliveries from the supermarket but again the use by dates were shocking on some things! It's one thing to sit down and plan your week then order it in, but if the fresh meat they send all has short use by dates it's a pain in the bum...

My massage therapist posted about a company called Hello Fresh who send out the ingredients to make meals with recipe cards!

They are called Hello Fresh! http://www.hellofresh.co.uk

So I've just ordered my first box to be delivered next Thursday!
So at some points I'll be having Herbed Pork and Pesto Penne, Basilicata Cod and Chicken Shawarma...

I'm interested to see if this is an option that might actually work for me...

snooch
09-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Can you freeze some of the meats that you get so they don't go bad as quickly? We freeze all the meat we buy unless we're using it in the next two days. I hope the new company works out for you!

Sage
09-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Sounds interesting!

katzankatz
09-27-2014, 11:29 PM
That looks neat! Sometimes it would be nice to just have someone else do all the thinking, and add long as the food is healthy and good quality, seems like a good option.

purple
09-28-2014, 06:16 AM
If stuff goes in our freezer I tend to forget to take it out in time to defrost it! I'm shocking so that just doesn't work for me

The meals look well balanced (which is another bonus) and I'm looking forward to trying new meals and yea Kat, having someone else do the thinking is going to be a major bonus for me...