PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

FaithfulLadybug
10-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I just joined and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Gabriella. I'm in my mid/later 50's, am a Christian married woman, without children or pets, although I love dogs. I'm pretty old fashioned, enjoying the simple things in life. My main focuses are God, Jesus, the Bible, my husband and my work.

I'm here for faith, fellowship, fun and hopefully friendship.

Wishing everyone a Blessed day and looking forward to meeting y'all. ;)

God Bless!
Gabriella

snooch
10-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Welcome! Very happy to have you here :)

Sam
10-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome!

katzankatz
10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Welcome!

mina
10-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Welcome to you!

purple
10-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Welcome :)

Sage
10-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi! :D

mum2only1
10-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Welcome LadyBug! Glad you've joined!!!

Ramura
10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

FaithfulLadybug
10-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Thank you, all for the welcomes and the kind words. :)
I'm glad to be here and look forward to participating and getting to know y'all.
Wishing all of you a Blessed evening!

BelovedDaughter
10-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Welcome! Glad you found us! Feel free to jump right in and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact any of us on staff! :hug:

Manna
10-16-2014, 01:10 AM
Welcome!! :)

Gillian
10-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladybug,

A very warm welcome to the group from Northern Ireland. I am Gillian - soft G - aged in my mid-60s and married with 4 adult children, 3 of whom still live at home and are all on the autistic spectrum, but who want to find some rented accommodation that they can move into together. The eldest lives in his own house, is a computer programmer and analyst and is an elder in a large presbyterian church in Belfast. We are members of our local Baptist church, which moved into a lovely new building in May 2013.

Can you tell us anything more about yourself? Do you have any hobbies? What do you work at?

I hope you will feel very blessed by being here.

Gillian

FaithfulLadybug
10-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Hello Gillian,

A pleasure to meet you. :) My name is Gabriella. And I already feel blessed to be here.

Thank you for the warm welcome and all that you've shared about yourself with me. I enjoyed reading about you and look forward to knowing more. I pray for your 3 children to find a place they will be comfortable, happy and thrive in.

I'm married, but we have no children. We live in Colorado, USA, which has a lovely mild and dry climate, which is what we both prefer. I'm a Marriage/Relationship Counselor/Advisor and have a small business. My husband also has a small business. For the past 4 years he's been ill and with the medical as it is here, I was his nurse and caretaker. Thank God he is now much better and is starting to rebuild his business.

We're Christian, non specific, maybe evangelistic you might call it. It's interesting, our Minister was just joking around about that in last Sunday's sermon - what our Church is.. lol. He can be quite a character and we thoroughly enjoy him.

Because of my husband's illness for so long, hobbies and down time have been far and few in between. Recently though, that's starting to change, thank God. I enjoy the simple things. I cook, bake, read - or at least I used to, and spend time with my husband. Neither of us have family so we stick together a lot. I also enjoy movies/tv, have a couple pen pals and enjoy a few computer games. And of course, now, Christ's Garden. :)

What are some of your hobbies? What do you enjoy doing?

Not sure what all to ask as I'm quite new to something like this and I do feel a bit shy/awkward, so I'll ask you to excuse me on that. :redface:

Wishing you a blessed evening and will look forward to your reply.
God Bless!
Gabriella/FaithfulLadybug

Hi Ladybug,

A very warm welcome to the group from Northern Ireland. I am Gillian - soft G - aged in my mid-60s and married with 4 adult children, 3 of whom still live at home and are all on the autistic spectrum, but who want to find some rented accommodation that they can move into together. The eldest lives in his own house, is a computer programmer and analyst and is an elder in a large presbyterian church in Belfast. We are members of our local Baptist church, which moved into a lovely new building in May 2013.

Can you tell us anything more about yourself? Do you have any hobbies? What do you work at?

I hope you will feel very blessed by being here.

Gillian

FaithfulLadybug
10-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Thank you, BelovedDaughter for your welcome. I'm glad I found you guys also. :) Looking forward to participating.
Thanks for the help offer... I'm ahead of you... lol... I've already needed snooch's assistance a couple times. She's been great!
Hope you're having a lovely evening.
Please come and chat anytime.
God Bless!

Welcome! Glad you found us! Feel free to jump right in and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact any of us on staff! :hug:

Kehaar
10-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Welcome :)

DIANAC
10-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Hello, Gabriella! Nice to meet you.
Thank you for sharing your story.
My name is Diana and I am in Christ Garden for a number of years now.
I am a retired broadcasting engineer. I worked at CBS for many years. And now I am finally getting used to my busy retired life. I love my family, music, cooking, baking, gardening and reading. And I love Jesus. My ambition is for Christ in me to be evident. We are also Gideons and we give out Bibles.
Like yours, DH was also sick. In fact he was diagnosed with a cancer in 1994. Since then he had many ups and downs. But each time the Lord was merciful and strengthened him. 2013 and part of 2014 were very difficult. But, again, the Lord had mercy. DH is now recovering is back to his favorite archeology.
That's my short story.
I am looking forward to your posts.

FaithfulLadybug
10-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Hi Diana,

Very nice to meet you also.

Thank you for your note. You made me laugh when you said 'my busy retired life'... lol. Isn't that the way it is? I've heard that a lot. Someone retires and they think they're going to have more time and it ends up the opposite and they get busier.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I lost both my grandfather and aunt to cancer. Glad to hear that he's doing better. I pray that he will be fully healed, in Jesus Christ's Name. Amen!

Yes, God Is Good! Even in the midst of our trials He's always there. Sometimes in big ways, sometimes small, but His presence is ever present.

Not sure what to post at this point, but that'll probably come in time, I'm sure. I too will look forward to your psots and getting to know more about you.

Wishing you a Blessed evening.

Your sister in Christ,
Gabriella

UPDATE: Well I guess I found where and what to post afterall. ;)

Hello, Gabriella! Nice to meet you.
Thank you for sharing your story.
My name is Diana and I am in Christ Garden for a number of years now.
I am a retired broadcasting engineer. I worked at CBS for many years. And now I am finally getting used to my busy retired life. I love my family, music, cooking, baking, gardening and reading. And I love Jesus. My ambition is for Christ in me to be evident. We are also Gideons and we give out Bibles.
Like yours, DH was also sick. In fact he was diagnosed with a cancer in 1994. Since then he had many ups and downs. But each time the Lord was merciful and strengthened him. 2013 and part of 2014 were very difficult. But, again, the Lord had mercy. DH is now recovering is back to his favorite archeology.
That's my short story.
I am looking forward to your posts.