PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Know You - Hobbies and Fun

snooch
02-04-2015, 12:30 AM
We talked about work, so let's talk about fun :)

Do you have any hobbies?

What do you do for fun, either alone or with your family/friends?

If you had one full day with no responsibilities and the ability to do whatever you wanted for fun, how would you fill your day?

purple
02-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Do you have any hobbies?

my biggest hobby is Roller Derby! Even though I injured myself pretty badly 3 1/2 years ago I'm still involved in the league. I help training at my home team 'Rapscallions' and am 'bench' for them and the leagues B Team. I love my league, the friendship, the support, it's made a HUGE difference in my life.

Roller Derby takes up most of my down time and they are my friends! We go out quite a bit, do mad things like 44 mile walks along the coastal path for charity, jump off the rocks into the sea for charity, and generally meet up for food and drinks.
Outside that when DH is home we will join some of our church friends for a pub quiz which is fun. I love to crochet and while the crafts are a semi business when it's not the run up to Christmas and the pressure is off it is a hobby which I LOVE

If you had one full day with no responsibilities and the ability to do whatever you wanted for fun, how would you fill your day?

if it was a day without DH, I'd get my girls together, get them to teach me to skate again, we'd eat, drink, laugh and just have fun.
If it was a day with DH I think we'd probably find a really good theme park and spend the day there.
See how my derby day comes before a day with DH???? I know that's bad... But boy, those girls have just made such a difference in my life!

mum2only1
02-04-2015, 05:26 AM
That sounds so fun Purple!!
I wish I had a group of girls to go out with!!!

mum2only1
02-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Hobbies... I love baking, cooking, decorating cakes and cookies for friends and family

I love to watch chick flicks by myself, action or thriller movies with dh, and kid movies with DS and J.
I love playing with my dog and taking her for walks.
With friends I like going to movies, parks for picnics, have people over for bbq, out for lunch and coffee

If I had one full day to myself... I'd get a massage, my hair and nails done.
I would either read or watch a movie or I would have a nice nap.

blythe_ann
02-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Do you have any hobbies?
Running, Fitness in general, cooking and learning about nutrition. Learning about babies at the moment :). I guess you could call music a hobby, but it's also my job, so...

Alone and together with my husband-- play music, ride bikes, go for walks, play with the dogs (all the time), watch movies. With friends-- run, burn pianos (it's awesome!), play cards, dinner.

I would probably do the things listed above. Play music, play with my dogs. Do something athletic. Basically, what I do on a normal day minus work and cleaning the house ;).

snooch
02-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Blythe -- burn pianos??? Is this metaphorical? LOL I need more explanation :D

Historia
02-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Do you have any hobbies?
Not really. I like to read, watch movies, and tv shows, though I haven't been able to do any of those (outside of a plane) in a while.

On second thought, I guess these are kind of hobbies or at least interests: ever since marrying my husband, I like to follow all things China. It's become my second home. And I'm constantly finding topics and researching on them. I actually enjoyed that part of college.

I also love personality stuff. If I could, I would test everyone and find out their MBTI, their birth order, and even their zodiac sign (like a personality test not for horoscopes or anything like that) in the western and eastern zodiac.

I like to go for walks, go to museums, and I'd really love to go to some live plays and dance performances. Last one I went to (The Nutcracker) was when I was engaged to my husband.

I like to travel and explore, even just within a town I'm new to, like here. If I could visit a new place (even just a new town) every weekend, I would, preferably by train or car.

snooch
02-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Do you have any hobbies?

I play World of Warcraft when I have time - a couple times a week. I love to read. I like playing games on my tablet (currently addicted to Trivia Crack :D). And, not as much as I would prefer, but occasionally, I still enjoy picking up my guitar and seeing how much skill I've lost since the last time I picked it up. :P

My husband and I like to go to movies, but we usually only make the big ones these days. We like to go to lunch or dinner with friends, and we love taking driving trips. A couple times a year we'll take the dog to the beach, and that's always a lot of messy fun.

I'd probably spend the day reading and watching DVDs with my husband. Naps would be included. :)

scarygothgirl
02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm very crafty, so I do a lot of embroidery, needle-felting, painting etc, as well as learning new crafts. I love to have creative projects on the go. I'm currently adapting a book into a script, then I plan on making an animated film out of it. Just for fun.
I love learning. I have little phases where I spend a whole week or two learning up on a specific subject, then move on to something else.

My husband and I watch a lot of films together. We also play a lot of board games, we love board games.

purple
02-04-2015, 12:59 PM
That sounds so fun Purple!!
I wish I had a group of girls to go out with!!!

This is the first time I've had this! I've had female friends before but not like this! I know I'm very fortunate. They really have made a positive difference in my life.

Please tell me you don't burn actual pianos...

mina
02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Do you have any hobbies?

I am a voracious reader. I like to draw, paint, sew. I like movies. I hike, bike, and like to exercise. I like to learn and have several topics that I am always seeking to know more about. I am a person that is hardly ever bored.

Alone -i read and like to work with my hands.
my husband and I like to hike and do things outdoors. We both got into biking since we've been married.

With friends, I don't have many, but in the past I like watching movies, cooking, shopping, and playing games with friends. I have a fun sense of humor so I like just talking and laughing with friends.

If you had one full day with no responsibilities and the ability to do whatever you wanted for fun, how would you fill your day? Sleep in, go to the beach or mountains with my husband. Hike and have a picnic.

GM
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Do you have any hobbies?

Does sleep count?

Alone - Surf the web, play games on my phone, take a walk.
Family - walk/hike, board games, go places like Napa or SF :D.
Friends - walk, have dinner or go out for drinks :)

I'd probably go to Napa, have breakfast there at one of my favorite places. Walk around. Visit some wineries. Grab lunch and ppl watch :)

blythe_ann
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM

I know, it's like a sin of some sort, but we get a lot of old, broken pianos at the music store. People just drop them off unsellable (they are hard to sell as it is, but add a broken sound board and they are useless). So, once a year or so, we dig a pit on the beach and light one up. Usually accompanied by a camp fire, smores and food. It's pretty awesome. The strings melt down so they lose their pitch, some start to snap... it's just cool to watch. Next day we pick up the metal.http://s11.postimg.org/5yf49gg1f/piano.jpg

snooch
02-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Oh wow. It's like Burning Man! I would love to do something with an old, broken, useless piano, make some kind of art out of it or something.

And I did not know Nebraska had beaches. :)

Virginia
02-04-2015, 11:03 PM
The internet ate my original answer! :(

Do you have any hobbies?

Volleyball (surprise, surprise). I try to play at least once a week. I love it.
Running/working out-sometimes; I go in spurts.
Singing and playing piano, especially making parodies or covers of songs.
Reading
Writing
Anything athletic/active

Alone/with hubby- sit in Barnes and Noble sipping a latte and reading magazines or books I can't afford ;)
With friends- play volleyball (yeah, that's how I make friends), play board games or charades, get drinks at local restaurants

I'd want to do something- a high ropes course, an obstacle course, something active. I'd definitely want to eat lunch at a local or ethnic restaurant of some kind. Take a bubble bath while watching Netflix. Annnnd finally I'd want to go to a play or musical. Yeah, I'd do that all in one day :)

katzankatz
02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Hobbies: Mine kind of come and go. Crafting, cooking, and baking are some of them. I also love the internet, but that's more of an addiction than a hobby.

For fun: I love to get outdoors and explore. Go to the lake or walk on a scenic trail. Day trips. Going to movies. With friends, I like to go to restaurants our just hang out at someone's house, maybe play some games.

Full day with no responsibilities : It's an hour's drive to my favorite beach. I'd go there, comb the beach, hike the dunes, get some sun, take a nap, swim, then go into town and get something to eat.