PDA

View Full Version : Post your random thoughts here... (#4)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

BelovedDaughter
03-04-2015, 12:34 PM
I think it's about time for a new one of these!

Ready... Set... Go!

snooch
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
We have a realtor coming this afternoon at 5:00. Suddenly things are getting really real.

BelovedDaughter
03-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Thin Mint cookies have crack or something in them...

mina
03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
I have so much back pain today. Owwww.

katzankatz
03-04-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm so glad to be done with all the special driving around I've had to do the last couple days. Now just one more trip out - to go to work. Blah.

GM
03-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I have so much back pain today. Owwww.

take it easy!

Manna
03-04-2015, 05:25 PM
We have a realtor coming this afternoon at 5:00. Suddenly things are getting really real.

Yay yay yay!!!!

BelovedDaughter
03-04-2015, 06:09 PM
I made bacon with my breakfast. My house still smells like bacon.

Virginia
03-04-2015, 10:32 PM
As much as I don't want it to snow because it'll mess up testing and stuff...I could really use a snow day to get caught up on work!

katzankatz
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM
One more day of frigid temps today, then a taste of spring for the rest of the week. Upper 30s and 40 by the weekend😀

snooch
03-05-2015, 02:44 PM
The news keeps reminding me to turn my clocks forward this weekend. I am so not ready for this!! :cry:

purple
03-05-2015, 03:28 PM
No, that's not until the end of the month!!!!!

katzankatz
03-05-2015, 03:39 PM
They reminded us in church last Sunday to spring forward next week. I like the extra sunlight at the end of the day. It's the one les hour of sleep that first night that I don't like. 😀

snooch
03-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Yeah it's the one less hour I can't deal with either. Purple, it used to be the end of the month for us too but it was changed a few years ago... to "save energy" ... because, you know, having to turn the lights on in the morning instead of at night is a real "savings" ..... :cry:

Historia
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Nevermind.....

GM
03-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Nevermind.....

You ok?

GM
03-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Nevermind.....

You ok?

Historia
03-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Oh I'm fine. I just regretted a post I made (and as far as I know there's no way to delete a post).

katzankatz
03-06-2015, 12:49 AM
I keep forgetting what day it is. It seems like Friday or Saturday.

blythe_ann
03-06-2015, 09:00 PM
To celebrate my husbands return home from a week of being gone, and having our home to ourselves again, we are sitting in our PJs on our bed with the three dogs with us, eating popcorn and watching Chuck.

Life is so good.

Virginia
03-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Trying desperately to find a Starbucks close to the convention center my team is playing at tomorrow morning. Got to get my latte on!

katzankatz
03-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Dd and I are going to a Danny Gokey and Natalie Grant concert at our church tonight.

GM
03-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Dd and I are going to a Danny Gokey and Natalie Grant concert at our church tonight.

<3 Natalie Grant!

Hope
03-07-2015, 01:26 PM
When I'm washing the dishes or working on laundry, my family happily keeps themselves amused elsewhere. But the minute I pick up a book, sign on to the computer, or start watching a tv show? They want to tell me everything about their week. And then they're all hangdog when I get annoyed. :D LOL

snooch
03-07-2015, 02:47 PM
I have to spend three hours at a baby shower this afternoon while my husband is at urgent care having his shoulder x-rayed because we think he tore his rotator cuff. I would much rather be sitting in an urgent care waiting room with him than playing baby shower games. :/

snooch
03-07-2015, 02:48 PM
When I'm washing the dishes or working on laundry, my family happily keeps themselves amused elsewhere. But the minute I pick up a book, sign on to the computer, or start watching a tv show? They want to tell me everything about their week. And then they're all hangdog when I get annoyed. :D LOL

Well, hello you! Let me tell you about my week... :D

katzankatz
03-07-2015, 05:05 PM
We're having houseguests for Easter this year. 9 people! Tons of fun, but wow! My sister and I can split them all between her house and mine. It's been a long time since we've had so many guest.

purple
03-07-2015, 05:55 PM
My mum goes home tomorrow... I'm going to miss her... it's going to be hard with just my DH here as he won't look after me like my mum does and he seems to think I can do a lot more than I can and gets really grumpy at me... :(

blythe_ann
03-07-2015, 06:12 PM
SUCCESS today! Started the day with a 12 miler (marathon training!!). Made some chai tea ice cream, walked to the grocery store with my husband, and completed three grants for our local band boosters. Finished getting our race ready (SOOO excited about it!).

So stoked to keep going, too! Clean house and maybe some grilled food for dinner tonight. Can't every day be this energetic?

GM
03-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Sat in my family room eating a bowl of berries, with all my Windows opened, house is clean, wonderful weather, awesome time!

purple
03-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Wish these rabbits would stop fighting!

snooch
03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Are you sure they're fighting, and not trying to make more rabbits? :P

purple
03-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Are you sure they're fighting, and not trying to make more rabbits? :P

It's two boys and it's full on fur flying, claws going, scrabbling on their side fighting!

katzankatz
03-08-2015, 06:43 PM
I got the whole place to myself this afternoon. Dh and the kids went to a hockey game. The MKE Admirals are having a bring-your-dog-to-a-hockey-game event.

snooch
03-08-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm experiencing that very sad, "I finished my book and can't live in that world anymore" feeling, only x10 because it's the end of a series and I just cannot deal. :(

purple
03-09-2015, 04:12 AM
I'm experiencing that very sad, "I finished my book and can't live in that world anymore" feeling, only x10 because it's the end of a series and I just cannot deal. :(

It's that the time when you pick up book one and read the series again?

snooch
03-09-2015, 11:17 AM
It's that the time when you pick up book one and read the series again?

Usually, but in this case the rest of the series is already packed. :P

katzankatz
03-09-2015, 11:21 AM
The guy on trial in my jury duty case that we very reluctantly pronounced not guilty is now safely behind bars for dealing drugs. What a shock.

GM
03-09-2015, 12:22 PM
YS wrote a paragraph for school (in class assignment) about Jesus and his teacher thought his voice was so strong and well done that she read it to all the teachers :) It was pretty neat to hear!

snooch
03-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Database errors are fun! (Not.) I think we're stable again.

katzankatz
03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I got a new job offer today. Same company, same position, but different locations. Instead of servicing one large grocery store, I will be servicing 2 P&S grocery stores, a Walgreens, a small Wal-Mart, and a US post office.

I accepted.

snooch
03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
I got a new job offer today. Same company, same position, but different locations. Instead of servicing one large grocery store, I will be servicing 2 P&S grocery stores, a Walgreens, a small Wal-Mart, and a US post office.

I accepted.

Congratulations!

Are you feeling better? Fever gone?

katzankatz
03-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Congratulations!

Are you feeling better? Fever gone?
Fever is gone, and I feel better. I seem to have a very mild cold.

snooch
03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Day 2 of DST is supposed to be easier, but if anything I think I'm more tired.

GM
03-10-2015, 12:06 PM
^^it's not fun waking up while dark:-(

blythe_ann
03-10-2015, 12:18 PM
I had never written a grant until last fall. Then I was asked to be the grant writer for the arts council here in town. So I agreed. When the music boosters found out, I got on that committee. Then I discovered a whole world of adoption related grants.
From not even knowing what a grant was really a few months ago, I have now applied for 7. I am officially the paperwork queen.

Kehaar
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
You flatter me, predictive text, but my name is Eilidh, not Einstein. Unless, of course, you were being sarcastic?

blythe_ann
03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Anyone else love Penzey's spices? I do and I finally ran out of enough spices to justify ordering some more.

GM
03-10-2015, 05:33 PM
These football trades bug me. And the 9ers need a new owner and GM... They ruined my team! And Willis retired:'( He's so cute!

katzankatz
03-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Anyone else love Penzey's spices? I do and I finally ran out of enough spices to justify ordering some more.
Penzey's headquarters is about 5 miles from my house. I do enjoy going into the store. It smells so nice in there.

BelovedDaughter
03-10-2015, 06:43 PM

Never heard of them. Oh, and Kehaar, ever since I learned how to pronounce your name, I think it's so beautiful!

Historia
03-10-2015, 06:57 PM

My sister loves them. If I've ever had any of their spices, it would have been when I was visiting her.

GM
03-11-2015, 02:41 AM
Class Act Willis. Class act! <3

DIANAC
03-11-2015, 08:37 AM
You flatter me, predictive text, but my name is Eilidh, not Einstein. Unless, of course, you were being sarcastic?

I am guilty...I somehow in my mind read your name Edith, perhaps because of letter E and h as bookends. :embarassed:s

Your name is so lovely, light and soft and a bit like an exotic flower.

katzankatz
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
what in the world possessed me to make my annual physical appointment and my dental checkup/cleaning on the same day? I leave the doctor clinic and head immediately to the dentist, no time to even catch my breath.

blythe_ann
03-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Penzey's headquarters is about 5 miles from my house. I do enjoy going into the store. It smells so nice in there.

I've never been in one of their stores! I'm just a spice nut I guess and discovered them through my boss, who has been. So I order online.

katzankatz
03-11-2015, 06:03 PM
At the dentist today the hygienist tilted the back of the chair down too far so that my head was lower than the rest of me. It made me feel "funny" but not unbearably so, so I didn't bother to say anything. Now I wish I had said something because it seems to have screwed up my equilibrium, and I get dizzy when I move too fast. My head's all stuffed up from this cold - probably isn't helping.

And I went to the wrong doctor appointment this morning. Ended up having to reschedule. Duhhhh...

katzankatz
03-12-2015, 12:16 AM
On the way to the dentist I had a few extra minutes so I stopped and bought myself a dental flossing tool so I can be more regular with flossing. After my cleaning I saw the hygienist put one of those flossers in the goodie bag they always give you. It didn't occur to me to say that I didn't need another one. Once home I was putting the goodies away in the bathroom cabinet, and found TWO more flossing tools in there! Maybe I am losing it.

Virginia
03-12-2015, 01:23 AM
My sisters-in-law want to get matching tattoos.

katzankatz
03-13-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm at the hair salon with my Dd. The lady in the next chair is making interesting talk. I just couldn't do the job of a stylist.

GM
03-13-2015, 12:02 PM
My sisters-in-law want to get matching tattoos.

? That's interesting. I don't think I'd ever get matching tattoos with anyone :P

blythe_ann
03-13-2015, 07:42 PM
My husband is making fried rice tonight. It's 5:41 and I'm already sitting in my pajamas, watching a stupid TV show and cuddling with my puppies. This weekend is starting out really well.

Virginia
03-13-2015, 09:18 PM
? That's interesting. I don't think I'd ever get matching tattoos with anyone :P

Oh, come one. It'd be adorable.
Right?
After Googling it, I learned it's more common than I thought!

GM
03-13-2015, 11:26 PM
^^ really? Matching outfits is bad enough but at least they aren't permanent!

snooch
03-14-2015, 12:47 AM
Oh, come one. It'd be adorable.
Right?
After Googling it, I learned it's more common than I thought!

See... I couldn't get a matching tattoo with in-laws. Because, life happens, and you don't know what's down the road, and you really only have any control over your own marriage, and what if... just what if... I dunno, I'd feel weird about that personally.

GM
03-14-2015, 08:43 PM
It's summerr here today!

snooch
03-14-2015, 09:07 PM
It's summerr here today!

93 degrees today... :sigh:

Historia
03-14-2015, 11:57 PM
It's summerr here today!

I didn't realize it got that hot here! I thought the temps were more reasonable. I am not a fan of mid-80s in March, especially since we don't have air conditioning and it's hotter inside than out.

GM
03-15-2015, 12:40 AM
I didn't realize it got that hot here! I thought the temps were more reasonable. I am not a fan of mid-80s in March, especially since we don't have air conditioning and it's hotter inside than out.

This isn't normal for March:-/ We just got back from the mtns and melted! Too hot!

snooch
03-15-2015, 12:48 AM
^^ Santa Anas here -- it is unusual for March, but get used to it for this summer Wren :(

GM
03-15-2015, 01:05 AM
^^ Santa Anas here -- it is unusual for March, but get used to it for this summer Wren :(

80s in the summer is great. I'm further inland and get in the 100s:-/

Historia
03-15-2015, 01:17 AM
This summer is going to suck until we move to a place with air conditioning when the lease is up. I was surprised at how many places here don't have AC. It's not exactly tropical in NE Wisconsin and most apartments there have it. I think I could handle it fine if it was not so stuffy inside. Maybe we just need a strong fan.

Also, Husband's been having interviews locally, but I can't shake the feeling that being here is unnatural. As in me not belonging here and this only being temporary. It's probably half wishful thinking and half just needing to get used to things here, though.

GM
03-15-2015, 01:23 AM
This summer is going to suck until we move to a place with air conditioning when the lease is up. I was surprised at how many places here don't have AC. It's not exactly tropical in NE Wisconsin and most apartments there have it. I think I could handle it fine if it was not so stuffy inside. Maybe we just need a strong fan.

Also, Husband's been having interviews locally, but I can't shake the feeling that being here is unnatural. As in me not belonging here and this only being temporary. It's probably half wishful thinking and half just needing to get used to things here, though.

Hugs. I can't imagine moving! Is he pretty set on staying?

GM
03-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Found a disoriented cat in my backyard with a cone on its head. Wouldn't you keep your cat indoors if it had a medical procedure?

Historia
03-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Hugs. I can't imagine moving! Is he pretty set on staying?

He wants to stay here because this area has more jobs in his field and he really really like the sunny days. Plus the big hassle and expense of moving make it unappealing. But he'd like to live in a more affordable area so he's not completely opposed to moving. At this point it's ideal to stay here but we'll move if necessary for a good job.

snooch
03-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Wren can you open the windows to get some cooler afternoon breezes? That could help, and a fan too.

I've felt like I didn't belong in SoCal pretty much since we got here. It's a very different kind of place from what I'm used to. I acclimated, eventually, but it's been a very hard transition - and definitely just temporary for me.

Found a disoriented cat in my backyard with a cone on its head. Wouldn't you keep your cat indoors if it had a medical procedure?

Oh no.... were you able to find its owners? I bet the little thing slipped out :(

Historia
03-15-2015, 01:03 PM
We had all of the windows and doors (to the balcony) open yesterday and we usually do on non-rainy days. There wasn't much for breezes yesterday. Thankfully today is supposed to be only mid70s and not mid80s like yesterday.

Weird thing is that I haven't talked to Husband lately about moving or feeling like I don't belong or anything related, but this morning he announces to me that he wants to start applying for jobs outside of the bay area. (He was wanting to do it in stages. Stage 1 is applying for local jobs. Stage 2 is applying for jobs in the western part of the US, so that moving would be easier. Stage 3 is looking nationally. We're moving to stage 2 starting today or tomorrow.) We had talked about that before about his stages idea, but I had thought we had already moved to stage 2.

katzankatz
03-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Watching Twelve Years A Slave. It's not exactly light viewing.

Kehaar
03-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Mistaking the clotheshorse draped in a bed sheet for an intruder certainly livens up the evening.

GM
03-16-2015, 01:48 AM
Oh no.... were you able to find its owners? I bet the little thing slipped out :(

Owners posted on nextdoor that their kitty walked away from home and was delirious because of meds. I let them know the kitty was in my backyard but wasn't sure if she was still there. By morning the kitty was back home. :drama:

Ramura
03-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Watching Twelve Years A Slave. It's not exactly light viewing.

I'm trying to psych myself up to watch that. I'm not sure I can handle it.

mina
03-16-2015, 07:43 AM
I just want to stay at home all day and eat bananas.

katzankatz
03-16-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm trying to psych myself up to watch that. I'm not sure I can handle it.

I was not expecting it to be as intense as it was.

GM
03-16-2015, 11:08 AM
DH keeps me crazy. He asked me to make an appointment for him. I did. Gave him the date and time. Good to go. Reminded him about it. Good to go. It's coming up and he now realizes it's not going to work. Asked me to change it. I said no:-P. He can change it .

snooch
03-16-2015, 03:02 PM
DH keeps me crazy. He asked me to make an appointment for him. I did. Gave him the date and time. Good to go. Reminded him about it. Good to go. It's coming up and he now realizes it's not going to work. Asked me to change it. I said no:-P. He can change it .

Mine too! I had to schedule an ultrasound for my husband. I have his calendar, but I ask him to check that he doesn't have anything he hasn't added to his calendar yet. He says no, it's updated. I make the appointment, I begin to tell him about it, and he says "just a sec, let me make sure I don't have anything on that day that isn't added." Gah!

GM
03-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Mine too! I had to schedule an ultrasound for my husband. I have his calendar, but I ask him to check that he doesn't have anythi. he hasn't added to his calendar yet. He says no, it's updated. I make the appointment, I begin to tell him about it, and he says "just a sec, let me make sure I don't have anything on that day that isn't added." Gah!

Hahahaha. See? He called today to reschedule and it's a good thing I didn't do it. It took so long to figure out a day that worked for both parties!

BelovedDaughter
03-16-2015, 03:47 PM
I had too much coffee today. I know better than to drink that much. I feel kind of sick and have a headache. I know better!

snooch
03-16-2015, 04:51 PM
I had too much coffee today. I know better than to drink that much. I feel kind of sick and have a headache. I know better!

I didn't know there was such a thing as too much coffee :P

BelovedDaughter
03-16-2015, 06:15 PM
I didn't know there was such a thing as too much coffee :P

Unfortunately, there is for me. :( I'm not used to that much.

mina
03-16-2015, 10:48 PM
I ate earlier and was fine; now right before bed I'm STARVING, but I'm not going to eat b/c I don't want bad acid reflux in the morning. The struggle is real. I also can't believe it's only Monday; today was so long it should at least be Thursday already.

mum2only1
03-16-2015, 11:08 PM
A night without J is really nice. I've had two full days with him and he's just become a little nightmare.
This morning my husband walked into his room and he had drawn (again) on his carpet, the wood floor outside his room, himself along with his private parts. I sent him to his mother with purple private parts.
I told her she needs to have a talk with him...she hasn't replied which is so typical because she can't understand what is so bad about drawing on furniture and his private parts.
He came home from access covered in blue ink pen. He had scribbled all over his hands, his legs, his clothes. grrrrrrr So tired.

GM
03-17-2015, 01:00 AM
^^ I can't imagine what's going thru his little mind:-( He had no stability right now so he's going to act out. Poor kuddo:-(

katzankatz
03-17-2015, 10:39 AM
Going to the rheumatologist tomorrow with some new symptoms. If he tells me again "that's the fibromyalgia" I am going to start searching for another rheumy.

snooch
03-17-2015, 06:56 PM
We're getting our dog evaluated at a new doggie daycare tomorrow morning. I have a feeling she is going to miserably fail the temperament evaluation. I'm stressing like a mother hoping her kid gets into the best preschool LOL.

BelovedDaughter
03-17-2015, 07:00 PM
The physical therapist is coming tomorrow morning at 10:30 to evaluate DD. I'm kind of nervous.

mina
03-17-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm so tired. I just finished paperwork in which I had to create a test aligned to state standards b/c , of course, I have no materials or resources in which the test was already made. I refuse to buy any for like $25 and up with my own money, nor do I have immediate access to any resources. I would have to buy online and wait a week for it to come. The textbook is about 20 years old and the school does have newer standards aligned teacher editions, but no student resource books or assessments, b/c that would make too much sense. I actually think the last teacher had all that stuff, but maybe he bought it and took it with him. The school only has thousands of dollars of donations coming in every quarter. It'd be nice if they actually updated the texts and materials. It was Math too, so I had to cut , paste, draw coordinate planes and then put it all together and scan everything to make copies. That took forever. At least my sweet husband took me out for dinner. Is it Friday yet? I just want to sleep.

katzankatz
03-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Jeffrey Zacharian (Food Network chef) is sporting some ridiculous looking new glasses. They look like child-sized aviator glasses from the 70s.

GM
03-18-2015, 12:56 AM
The physical therapist is coming tomorrow morning at 10:30 to evaluate DD. I'm kind of nervous.

Is she ok?

Jeffrey Zacharian (Food Network chef) is sporting some ridiculous looking new glasses. They look like child-sized aviator glasses from the 70s.

<3 Geoffrey zakarian :swoon:

GM
03-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Totally surprised at the winner of the election. Ppl are ready for a change :D

Mrs_B
03-18-2015, 10:56 AM
The kids have a touch of the tummy bug. I'm a little worried about DS, he is showing signs of mild dehydration, but we are pushing fluids.

snooch
03-18-2015, 01:16 PM
My dog didn't flunk out of daycare :clap2: :D

katzankatz
03-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I had quite the morning. I went to the rheumatologist. He did not give me the "oh, that's just fibromyalgia" talk again. Instead he listened to me, was as concerned as I am, updated my medication protocol, then I got 9 vials of blood taken to check for other things.

Then I went to the dentist to have one of my ancient silver fillings replaced with a nice white one. I have such a good dentist. I didn't feel a thing.

BelovedDaughter
03-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Is she ok?

I forgot that I hadn't shared in public on here. DD was supposedly behind on her developmental skills, such as crawling, getting into a sitting position by herself, etc. She also has one leg and arm bigger than the other, which isn't noticeable unless you're looking for it. The PT that came today was checking to see if there was a physical reason she isn't doing those things. She suggested more tummy time and will put in her report that possible insufficient lymphatic drainage could be leading to the bigger limbs.

GM
03-18-2015, 09:41 PM
^^thanks for sharing. :-) :hug:

blythe_ann
03-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Met up with a running partner today for the first time in forever. It was so nice to talk to her, but I hadn't talked to her since we decided to adopt so there was a lot to talk about! I'm kind of more tired from our slower 5 miles than my long runs because I talked the whole time.

GM
03-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Prayers please. Back went out today:-/

purple
03-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Can someone please tell my husband that it takes longer than 3 days of taking his Metformin properly and eating decently to bring his blood sugar under control!!!!!
He seems to live under the impression that it is a magic cure when I've told him it isn't!

snooch
03-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Can someone please tell my husband that it takes longer than 3 days of taking his Metformin properly and eating decently to bring his blood sugar under control!!!!!
He seems to live under the impression that it is a magic cure when I've told him it isn't!

Metformin works great, but it takes a little bit to regulate your blood sugar. And it'll tear up your stomach when it starts working well too. Hated that side effect. :(

purple
03-19-2015, 06:17 PM
How long did it take Snooch?

Historia
03-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Eva Mendes says the number one cause of divorce is sweatpants. I guess I'll have to ask Husband when he's filing because I live in mine currently.

snooch
03-19-2015, 07:39 PM
How long did it take Snooch?

A while. It started to get better after a few days, and continued to improve from there, but to get the dosage right in combination with the kinds of food I ate and the amount of exercise I was getting, it was probably a couple of months.

snooch
03-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Eva Mendes says the number one cause of divorce is sweatpants. I guess I'll have to ask Husband when he's filing because I live in mine currently.

1) I didn't know who this woman was until I just Googled her, and now that I know she is a B-actress, I can't take her opinion very seriously.

2) I'm going to need to see the study and statistics on this one.

3) She's wrong. I don't know if my husband has love-goggles on or what, but he thinks I'm adorable in sweat pants. :)

GM
03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
^^and Gwyneth paltrow says she's just an average female:-/

BelovedDaughter
03-20-2015, 12:08 AM
My DH and his dad are both anti-sweatpants. I don't own any. My pajama pants suffice if I'm not leaving the house!

Virginia
03-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Literally, I could not survive without my sweatpants and yoga pants. And my DH loves them because they are flattering on my bottom half. So...yeah...Eva Mendes is a fool...

purple
03-20-2015, 03:59 AM
A while. It started to get better after a few days, and continued to improve from there, but to get the dosage right in combination with the kinds of food I ate and the amount of exercise I was getting, it was probably a couple of months.

I can't get him to understand what is good to eat and what isn't!

Trying to get him to understand that drinking big glasses of Orange juice is not good for him is impossible, and when I say something he treats me like im ending his life but if I don't say something he makes bad choices then wonders why his blood sugar is 3-4 times the safe range!

snooch
03-20-2015, 11:31 AM
I can't get him to understand what is good to eat and what isn't!

Trying to get him to understand that drinking big glasses of Orange juice is not good for him is impossible, and when I say something he treats me like im ending his life but if I don't say something he makes bad choices then wonders why his blood sugar is 3-4 times the safe range!

Has he seen a diabetic nutritionist? Orange juice is okay, but not in huge glasses, and it should always come with some kind of protein - eggs or meat. The protein helps to stabilize your blood sugar when you have sugar or carbs (which change to sugar in your body) with the protein. It doesn't offset these things, but it will help stop them from spiking/crashing after a meal.

Usually, here anyway, they'll set you up with a nutritionist when they make a diagnosis and get you on medication, because your food will make a big difference to how well the meds work. If your husband likes to read at all, I can recommend a really wonderful book that my husband and I both read and found extremely informative. We've been in control, with our numbers in non-diabetic ranges, for years and knowing what foods to eat and avoid makes a huge difference in that.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/

(There's a read-online link, and you can also find it on Amazon.)

blythe_ann
03-20-2015, 06:48 PM
In the past couple of months... one woman in Nevada had 7 dead babies found in her garage. In France, one woman had 5 baby bodies in her freezer. These women had their babies and then let them die. These women were obviously disturbed.
But, anyway, adoption books make you aware of how traumatic adoption can be on a child, to the point where you can almost feel guilty for wanting to become adoptive parents...
but then I see this and it's confirmed again that adoption might not be ideal, but it is so necessary.

GM
03-21-2015, 01:17 AM
^^my old coworker had a baby (we had no idea she was pregnant! ) and they found the baby when she moved out:-( I was pregnant at the time and she told me how scary having a child would be. So sad:-(

snooch
03-21-2015, 12:25 PM
My aunt in Italy passed away. :( I went to see her in 2010 so she and my husband could meet - she was so much like my mother, only without the crazy. She'd been sick for a long time, and was 94 years old, so it was not unexpected, but I'm still very sad.

GM
03-21-2015, 12:57 PM
My aunt in Italy passed away. :( I went to see her in 2010 so she and my husband could meet - she was so much like my mother, only without the crazy. She'd been sick for a long time, and was 94 years old, so it was not unexpected, but I'm still very sad.

hugs! I'm sorry :(

blythe_ann
03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear that, snooch :(

blythe_ann
03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
It's in the 70s so I'm sitting on my back porch right now. The glare isn't fun to deal with but I haven't been able to wear a tank top in months! Loving!

katzankatz
03-21-2015, 03:33 PM
My Dh is watching the movie Edge of Tomorrow. Again. For about the 6th time in the last month.

I just don't get it. How can you like a movie that much? Even If you think it is the best movie ever made, doesn't watching it over and over and over make it lose its appeal?

Historia
03-21-2015, 03:41 PM
My sister does that too and always has. Whereas I rarely watch a movie twice, ever.

katzankatz
03-21-2015, 04:48 PM
It's settled. Cheerios and I can never be friends. Now what to do with the big, barely opened box that no one in this house will eat...

snooch
03-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I watch movies over and over again. When I got the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies, I watched them every Saturday for two months. Never get sick of them. It's like living in that world for a little bit. :)

See if a local soup kitchen or homeless shelter might want the Cheerios?

blythe_ann
03-21-2015, 08:46 PM
My husband is sick with a cold (again)... and I totally just accidentally used his tooth brush instead of mine. Nooo!!!

BelovedDaughter
03-21-2015, 09:23 PM
I made these yesterday 😊

BelovedDaughter
03-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Those of you who know about my friend Melissa, who had breast cancer... here is her latest update. http://www.asteadfastheart.com/2015/03/the-post-i-didnt-want-to-write.html?spref=fb

Xinnamon
03-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Finally joined a Parents of Multiples group in my area. Can't wait to meet some fellow moms of multiples!

katzankatz
03-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Proud of my Dd for the initiative she's taking in getting our kitchen fixed up. She's the one scraping and peeling at the old wallpaper. It's a big messy job that requires stamina because it is really difficult (and boring!) to remove old icky wallpaper. She's gotten all the paper off, next comes scrubbing off all the old paste. What a mess.

Historia
03-22-2015, 05:12 PM
I wish finding a good church wasn't so difficult. I really miss our Michigan church.

snooch
03-23-2015, 01:28 PM
I wish finding a good church wasn't so difficult. I really miss our Michigan church.

We have finally found a church we really love here. Right on time for us to move and start looking in our new home. :/

snooch
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
I hope SGG is doing okay. We haven't heard from her in a while. :/

~Kellee~
03-23-2015, 03:14 PM

Church hunting is the worst. I hope you guys can find something soon.

~Kellee~
03-23-2015, 03:17 PM
God REALLY put things into perspective for me this weekend. H recently started a new shift at work, 6pm-6am. I was really upset about it as we have a new baby coming and I was worried about doing all of the evening routine (dinner, clean up, dogs, bath time) and then all middle of the night stuff by myself with a new baby and just generally had a bad attitude about it.

On Friday, we had a deployment scare that would have had H missing the baby's birth and the first few months of her life. Thankfully, someone else took the deployment so H is staying home, and I for sure am not going to complain about his new shift anymore because at least he'll be HOME.

BelovedDaughter
03-23-2015, 04:52 PM
How are you doing, Kellee? I haven't seen much of you around here! How's Dahlia? And how's that baby bun?

I was also thinking of SGG. I hope she's okay too!

snooch
03-23-2015, 06:44 PM
I haven't been able to keep up on Facebook. Too many posts, not enough time. So I thought I'd try "get notifications" on my friends, so it will notify me of new posts without my having to wade through my news feed.

Now I can't keep up with my email.... or Facebook. Too many notifications, not enough time. :/

katzankatz
03-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Guess I'm just not cut out for success when it comes to beef brisket. I hate that I worked hard to do a good job on it, and now on don't even want to eat it. Might as well chew on a ball of rubber bands.

~Kellee~
03-23-2015, 11:28 PM
How are you doing, Kellee? I haven't seen much of you around here! How's Dahlia? And how's that baby bun?

I was also thinking of SGG. I hope she's okay too!

I'm good, just done being pregnant :). I'm due in about 6 weeks. Dahlia is good, she's 4 and is so much fun.

How are you?

GM
03-24-2015, 12:01 AM
DH flew out of town just to have dinner with some peeps. That sounds so exciting to me :D

BelovedDaughter
03-24-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm good, just done being pregnant :). I'm due in about 6 weeks. Dahlia is good, she's 4 and is so much fun.

How are you?

I'm doing well! DD is growing like crazy and will be a year old soon!

Historia
03-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Husband had a long chat with one of his sisters last night and he mentioned today something about his niece playing the violin. It made me wonder something I've thought about before. Why is it that many Chinese parents (and many American parents who are strongly involved in encouraging their children's education, supplementing that with a musical instrument) want their kids to play either the violin or piano? Are those considered more respectable instruments and look better on college applications or something? I think encouraging your child to play an instrument, if they are at all interested, is good but I'd let my son play whatever he wanted (except maybe drums for obvious reasons). (Maybe I'd toss the flute in the same category as the violin and piano, though flutes don't seem as common a choice.)

Xinnamon
03-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Husband had a long chat with one of his sisters last night and he mentioned today something about his niece playing the violin. It made me wonder something I've thought about before. Why is it that many Chinese parents (and many American parents who are strongly involved in encouraging their children's education, supplementing that with a musical instrument) want their kids to play either the violin or piano? Are those considered more respectable instruments and look better on college applications or something? I think encouraging your child to play an instrument, if they are at all interested, is good but I'd let my son play whatever he wanted (except maybe drums for obvious reasons). (Maybe I'd toss the flute in the same category as the violin and piano, though flutes don't seem as common a choice.)

lol! I know what you are talking about.. it is pretty common for Asian (not just Chinese imo) parents. From what I've heard, it's because the violin and the piano are relatively easier to pick up at a very young age compared to other musical instruments. My parents never made me and my sister learn an instrument.. I begged them for piano lessons when I was 12. :)

snooch
03-25-2015, 12:08 AM

I think what Xin said, and also because piano and violin are used a lot in classical music, and parents want their kids to learn classical music more than contemporary, which would be more common for instruments like guitar or drums.

I was forced to take piano lessons from the age of six to eleven or twelve. I wasn't good at it and I hated it. When I'd get to my lesson, which was in a mansion owned by a Russian professor in downtown D.C., I'd quickly turn the clock forward five minutes and tell him I had to leave five minutes early, so I'd have a shorter lesson (he wasn't fooled but I think he wanted it over as much as I did :P). When I was in 6th grade, just to get out of Social Studies class, I impulsively answered an announcement to come to the office if you were interested in guitar lessons. I took to it immediately, loved it, and played it for years.

My mother was always disappointed that I gave up piano for such an uncouth instrument as the guitar. ;)

katzankatz
03-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Another law enforcement shot and killed this evening. State Highway Patrol. This is getting out of control.

GM
03-25-2015, 02:45 AM
Kiddos are in piano because it's hard :P I want them to learn to read music, read both base clef and treble clef, learn to use both hands together but separate from each other, tempo/rhythm at the same time as playing melody. I think once you've gotten piano down other instruments are easier to pick up (not easy but easier). I told both boys they will learn piano and then decide if they want to change or learn something else. :)

GM
03-25-2015, 11:49 AM
i'm wearing flip flops! Yay, spring!!!

blythe_ann
03-25-2015, 05:49 PM

I can answer this! As a private woodwinds instructor, I don't teach the "popular" instruments but I do encourage students to take piano.
Music theory, at it's very core, is derived from piano. Whole and half steps are clearly visible in the piano keys, the major and minor scales, being able to transpose. Basically, all music can be traced back to the piano. It is in the common key (C) and is basically THE instrument.
Violin, is THE instrument in regards to stringed instruments. Basically, it is what piano is but for the stringed world. It doesn't hold quite as much to piano as we have moved to a more brass and woodwind centered band program as opposed to orchestra specifically.

Flute is actually not a core instrument because it has such a unique embouchure (mouth placement) but it is a platform instrument for the woodwinds because it has the simple fingering mechanisms similar to all woodwinds.

I highly recommend piano to all of my students because if they become music professionals, piano will be a requirement in any field.
With that said, I started on clarinet and now play 22 instruments, most at a semi-professional level. I still suck at piano, though.

katzankatz
03-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Last night for the first time in months we had rain that was JUST rain. It was so nice!

rt2 - doc and I are considering ANOTHER major medication change.

rt3 - My appetite at lunch was huge today. I ate a big salad from the salad bar and almost a whole piece of pizza along with a full big-sized cup of root beer and a partial refill. I had the heartburn afterward to remind myself to not do that again.

DIANAC
03-25-2015, 10:47 PM
In Odessa Ukraine where I grew up piano/violin music school was certainly an almost must for many children. They believed in good music education and children did not just take lessons but studied in a music school. It was also believed that "good families" teach their children music which provides a well rounded education.
Why piano/violin? I suppose because you can play solo pieces on those instruments and do not need an orchestra. There are more solo music written for those instruments. Blythe gave a good explanation.
In New York we have Suzuki schools of music that teach Suzuki method of Japanese educator of same name. Good thing about this method is that very young children can start playing an instrument. Suzuki usually starts with a tiny violins as young as 3 1/2. When a group of tiny ones plays Mozart Twinkle Twinkle, it's amazing to watch! Most of the students in the Suzuki school where my son studied were oriental. And yes, they were driven. Very driven!
The parents did believe, correction, hopped, that music education will get the children into better colleges. I am not sure if it did. Maybe it did for some.
Music is good for an overall development. But do make sure that your child enjoys his music lessons and does not study just to please you.

Historia
03-25-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm glad I asked! Thanks! Very interesting (and informative) answers. I actually would have played violin myself, but I couldn't afford the rental fee to have an instrument and only the elementary school I attended provided one (while I was at school) for free one year. So, I learned to play one song (though I never learned how to read music). I would have preferred that to choir class I had to take instead. I had no idea the violin was considered an important instrument, though, I just liked it.

DIANAC
03-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Wren, since we are on the subject of music, here's a snippet of a painting of a russian girl with her piano. That's how they dressed the little girls - big bows and fancy dresses :)

snooch
03-26-2015, 11:41 AM
That looks like how my mom dressed me for Easter Sunday, except with the Easter hat instead of the bow. I hated those hats. :P

blythe_ann
03-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Someone could have taken my picture for "people of wal-mart" today.
I called my mom to cry about my IT band (running is a big deal to me, okay? So this was kind of a major life event for me. I know it's stupid).
So I sat in my car in the Wal*mart parking lot and just bawled my eyes out talking to her about it. Then, still on the phone, I go in to buy toilet paper (it's the only thing I buy at Wal*Mart, usually). But, because I remembered one other thing on my list, I meandered the store, eyes still watery, nose still runny, carrying around toilet paper.
I looked so pathetic it was comical!

blythe_ann
03-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Wow, today was just cruddy. Sorry to be a complainer today ladies, and I promise this isn't a rant.
First my leg, my kids were really rough in lessons today, I feel overwhelmed, and my dad's cancer came back.
But in all of this...
My husband left work this morning to pick me up. He listened while I cried on the drive home. He came home at lunch and didn't care that I had forgotten a few groceries on the list. He went to the store after work today to finish the list and called me to ask what I would like for dinner.
My husband. He's just awesome.

katzankatz
03-26-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm learning that I enjoy tacos a whole lot more if I put lots of sour cream on there, use a meat recipe that includes tomato sauce, and pour on taco sauce instead of salsa. I used to dislike taco night, and could barely choke down one. Tonight I want 2 of them, but the kids also liked them so much that there's hardly any ingredients left.

Xinnamon
03-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Just had the biggest scare of my life. My mom complained of chest pain yesterday after climbing stairs. I insisted and dragged her to the ED, and they found that one of her coronary arteries was 95% blocked! She had an angioplasty and now she's fine. Praise God that she didn't need to have bypass surgery!

blythe_ann
03-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Laying on my bed with my german shepherd as my pillow. Today will be much better than yesterday, I can tell already.

katzankatz
03-27-2015, 10:13 AM
People who can snuggle with their dogs and cats - enjoy that! You could have a dog like mine who likes personal space and doesn't like being petted which is a very Siberian husky trait. I knew this before adopting the dog and was good with it at first. But now that I've grown very fond of her, it's hard to not be able to do that. She is fine with it if she is tired and almost asleep, but usually you have to share affection in other way that she is ok with, such as a talking to her in a nice voice or giving treats, and that's just not terribly satisfying for me.

Kehaar
03-27-2015, 04:17 PM
National Cleavage Day in pictures? Nah. I'm good. That's a link I don't need to be clicking.

DIANAC
03-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Just had the biggest scare of my life. My mom complained of chest pain yesterday after climbing stairs. I insisted and dragged her to the ED, and they found that one of her coronary arteries was 95% blocked! She had an angioplasty and now she's fine. Praise God that she didn't need to have bypass surgery!
Did she have any symptoms? Did she have an elevated cholesterol? I am so glad that she is fine.

purple
03-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Anxiety levels are high this evening... having to do lots of slow, controlled breathing...

GM
03-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Happy UCLA lost:-D

GM
03-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Today's weather is so much better! It's 715, all my Windows are open, there's a breeze flowing thru my house, airing it out... love this!

blythe_ann
03-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Just sat down for the first time since last night. I'm so tired. And the laundry is next to me. Unfolded. Noooo..

snooch
03-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Today's weather is so much better! It's 715, all my Windows are open, there's a breeze flowing thru my house, airing it out... love this!

98* here today... :(

Historia
03-28-2015, 12:12 AM
I feel guilty/ashamed of wanting to leave an area that in ways is very good for my husband and son. I mean, where else is there such rich diversity of Asians?* Where would my son have a realistic chance of learning Mandarin in good public schools (and not just high school)? Here my husband gets lots of Chinese people and Chinese tv and Chinese markets and Chinese (authentic) restaurants. Plus my husband loves loves loves the sunshine. (Funnily enough, I actually prefer partly cloudy days and my son doesn't love it when it's sunny as much either. I wonder if that's because of Wisconsin and Michigan for us.) And maybe this is silly, but I worry sometimes that my son will face more racism outside of this area. Here there's tons of East Asians and plenty of mixed race families. I don't want my son to ever feel like a freak.

*Besides NYC, which neither I nor my husband like.

snooch
03-28-2015, 12:29 AM
Wren, most big metro areas have a Chinatown. We have one in San Diego, good schools, lots of diversity, and it's a relatively safe area - too much sunshine for my tastes though. But you can find much the same in D.C., NYC, and other bigger cities, although probably not as safe. I don't know what the job opportunities are, but it might be worth looking around to see if there are other areas of the country that you'd enjoy more and that would meet those goals.

But, I just want to say, don't feel guilty or ashamed of your feelings. Guilt and shame should come from things you have a choice about, and choose to do wrongly -- and feelings don't come into play there at all. You feel what you feel. Your preferences and feelings aren't some wrong thing that you should feel bad about. :hug:

Xinnamon
03-28-2015, 03:02 AM
Did she have any symptoms? Did she have an elevated cholesterol? I am so glad that she is fine.

Nope, no elevated cholesterol. She apparently has been having mild symptoms on and off over the past 3 years but kept it to herself and thought nothing of it.. she thought she was just out of shape. I saw her getting short of breath after climbing the stairs and she told me she had some chest pain, so I dragged her to the hospital. Thank God I did.. the cardiologist told us her condition was very serious and she could have had a heart attack.

GM
03-28-2015, 01:47 PM
I have a love / hate relationship with yardwork

katzankatz
03-28-2015, 05:05 PM
We had a gift certificate for a night in nice local hotel, so we stayed last night. I was looking forward to a soak in a hot tub as I was having some serious shoulder pain. No hot tub. :( then later going to bed, it felt so nice to lie down - at first. Underneath the nice soft memory foam was a mattress as hard as a slab of concrete. My shoulder hurt so bad today that it was throbbing while I was just sitting doing nothing. Ugh, that's awful.

But... on the positive side, some friends joined us for dinner there and we had a good time. And ibuprofen exists.

katzankatz
03-28-2015, 05:07 PM
I have a love / hate relationship with yardwork
Me too. The results are rewarding, but the soil here is so heavy and clay, it stinks to work in it while it is wet AND when it's dry.

katzankatz
03-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Good grief, fellow crafters, it's moD podge, not MoDGE podge.

(I'm watching craft videos on YouTube)

GM
03-28-2015, 11:49 PM
^^I didn't know that!

Perfect evening! What an amazing, simple, Saturday

blythe_ann
03-29-2015, 04:46 PM
We had a guest speaker, his wife and their driver (friend) for church today stay at our home last night. It was so nice getting to know them. But they came back after eating lunch with our pastor to rest before the marriage ministry seminar thing they are speaking at tonight. Which is fine ,but we didn't know the plan. We are eating when they got back and caught in our general slobbery while we eat (I am a total out of the jar girl, so I had yogurt and apple sauce open in front of me eating with a spoon. I'm such a three year old).
Anyway, they are just lucky my bra was on!

DIANAC
03-29-2015, 08:05 PM
We had a guest speaker, his wife and their driver (friend) for church today stay at our home last night. It was so nice getting to know them. But they came back after eating lunch with our pastor to rest before the marriage ministry seminar thing they are speaking at tonight. Which is fine ,but we didn't know the plan. We are eating when they got back and caught in our general slobbery while we eat (I am a total out of the jar girl, so I had yogurt and apple sauce open in front of me eating with a spoon. I'm such a three year old).
Anyway, they are just lucky my bra was on!
Ha-ha!

katzankatz
03-29-2015, 10:13 PM
We spent a couple hours working on the basement today, all of us. Still need to get that guy to throw things away.

Holy cow, my jaw. I ate some crusty chewy bread tonight, just a small piece. Now my tmj area is so sore!

And now I need everyone to go to bed and leave me alone for awhile:).

BelovedDaughter
03-29-2015, 10:35 PM
We had some pics taken of DD and her cousins today. She was sitting on a little box about a foot or so off the ground. She occasionally doesn't have the best balance and before the lady could get the picture snapped, DD fell over and face-planted the ground. Broke my heart to hear her cry like that! I ran to her, picked her up, and held her until she wasn't screaming anymore. She felt better soon and was happy soon after.

purple
03-30-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm so glad my DH seems to be dealing with work better. Saturday was a stressful evening.

GM
03-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Poor DH hasb been traveling so much! In the last 2 1/4 months he's traveled 35,000 miles. Looks like it'll slow down in the next month tho! Whew!

katzankatz
03-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Weird. Something in my jaw joint is so out of whack that my top and bottom teeth on the left side don't meet each other. My front top and bottom teeth are like that too, have been for most of my life. Now it's only on the right side that my top and bottom teeth actually meet one another.

mum2only1
03-30-2015, 07:01 PM
I want two new puppies so badly!!!

Historia
03-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Am I bad luck for California?* I just read on Twitter (from a news source) that this is the driest January-March on record for the bay area. I come here and rain stops. Just before we moved here (in December), lots of rain. I'd prefer more rain and clouds, not less.

*I don't actually believe I'm bad luck. It's just odd.

purple
03-31-2015, 07:41 AM
There are 2 readings during the service to install our new vicar... he does one... I'm doing the other!!! Honoured doesn't begin to cover it. But eak, it's in front of SO many important clergy including the rural dean, arch deacon and at least one of our Bishops!

katzankatz
03-31-2015, 09:50 AM
There are 2 readings during the service to install our new vicar... he does one... I'm doing the other!!! Honoured doesn't begin to cover it. But eak, it's in front of SO many important clergy including the rural dean, arch deacon and at least one of our Bishops!
That sounds neat. But I have to confess I don't know what a reading is. What is it?

mina
03-31-2015, 12:50 PM
I am so totally over this week, one more day until spring break and then on Thursday all I want to do is stay in my pj's and pin frivolous things.

GM
03-31-2015, 04:43 PM
wasting my time playing google maps pacman :/

purple
03-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Why is it, what ever group I join in I always end up as the agony aunt???

Got both sides of a disagreement this evening!!!

purple
03-31-2015, 04:54 PM
wasting my time playing google maps pacman :/

That sounds fun!!!

GM
03-31-2015, 05:13 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/play-pac-man-in-google-maps-with-this-april-fools-day-trick-2015-3

snooch
03-31-2015, 05:26 PM
It won't play in Firefox. I want to waste time!

snooch
03-31-2015, 06:18 PM
God seems to want us here for a little while longer. My husband had an abdominal ultrasound today and he has gallstones - will likely need surgery to have his gallbladder removed. And he fell a couple weeks ago and hurt his shoulder. He's having an MRI on it this weekend to see if he tore his rotator cuff. If so, another surgery.

Maybe He wants us to get all this squared away before we move and while we still have good insurance. :/

GM
03-31-2015, 06:52 PM
^^or CA needs you here:-D

snooch
03-31-2015, 07:29 PM
^^or CA needs you here:-D

As the sole voice of reason in this godforsaken state? :P

purple
03-31-2015, 07:42 PM
Maybe He wants us to get all this squared away before we move and while we still have good insurance. :/

quite possible :)

katzankatz
03-31-2015, 08:26 PM
We got most of the old, gross wallpaper off the kitchen walls, then we scraped and scrubbed of all the old died paste that was left. We still have to do the alcove where the fridge sits.

Virginia
03-31-2015, 08:57 PM
I really want a cookie.

blythe_ann
03-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Just spent the afternoon writing to my future baby. It felt really, really good to write down my fears and how much I'm going to love this kid. I plan on writing as much as I can, so my son or daughter will have all of the information possible about the beginning of their life... including all about me.

mina
03-31-2015, 10:53 PM
I had to create a Math test again, b/c I have no resources to print from….. My husband decided to try his hand at taking a 6th grade Math test on Surface Area and Volume and he was pretty amazed at the high level thinking that they need to show to find the abstract answers. I think for this age it's really good for them to exercise that. I don't think the standards at this grade are bad; but I do think they have to learn too many. I favor deep thinking and understanding for a few concepts over trying to think deeply and perfectly for a million different Mathematical concepts and then trying to take one end of the year standardized test over all of that. It's pretty bonkers.

Historia
04-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Oh my goodness. Humans of New York (the photo blog) breaks my heart.

blythe_ann
04-01-2015, 03:32 PM
:( My best friend is having panic attacks over something she can't tell me about. It's not that I don't know what's going on... just that I live 5 hours away and she is having a hard time and I'm not there. Just wish there was something I could do.

Historia
04-01-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm glad to see some action regarding the drought, but why are corporations still being allowed to pump out lots of water to bottle and sell? It seems they are targeting the minority of water usage, with no rules regarding farmers either.

katzankatz
04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I have so much to do to get prepared for the weekend, and I hardly know where to begin. But kudos to my Dd who has stepped up to do some of the hard stuff.

Virginia
04-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I am SO not ready to be absent from school Thursday and Friday! But I am excited that my spring break starts early :)

katzankatz
04-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm shutting down here. Don't want to do anything. Ugh. I made a to-do list, and it doesn't look too overwhelming, mostly just normal stuff, but why am I feeling the weight of the world on my back? I even have help.

mina
04-01-2015, 05:33 PM
I am on spring break and I plan tp do nothing tonight or tomorrow. Ihave specific cravings and I wish I were near a chick fil a or a sonic, bc I want to eat chicken, waffle fries, and a cherry limeaide or watermelon slush.

katzankatz
04-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Ok, I think part of my problem is I am being a perfectionist. The food aspect of houseguests is causing me anxiety. My family eats super healthy, but I'm sure they'll be gracious even if I cook something non-organic or with ingredients that don't come from Whole Foods. But I do want to make them feel special. My other sister went and spent $50 on a beef tenderloin, and it's not like I'm wanting to upstage her, but we really should have another meat for the size of our group. So, what - ham? A different kind of beef? Will anyone want a slice of ham when tenderloin is offered?

Then there are amounts. How many sides, and how much food per serving? Bread - should I just have "normal" dinner rolls?

I just spent 30 minutes looking for a perfect cake recipe. It has a ton of sugar, but they all do, unless I want to take a risk and try something "healthy" and "whole".

I'm overthinking this, I know I am. So stop it! If the family is as gracious as I claim they are, then just make them food. And if they don't like it, there are some good restaurants around I'm sure they'd like.

Ok, now that my worry is all out on the table, maybe I can focus better

blythe_ann
04-01-2015, 08:26 PM
^I don't like to give unsolicited advice often, but can I make a suggestion to ease your worry?
As a super healthy eater, can I just say that as long as you have salad and fresh fruit, even the healthiest of eaters will be happy. Some people are crabbier about it than others, but no matter where I'm at, if there is a salad, I'm a happy camper. Because I can fill most of my plate with that, and a little bit of something maybe I wouldn't typically eat. And just don't be offended if someone doesn't heap on something you made... it might just not agree with them (eating healthy means some things start having bad reactions in the body...)

And if your family likes cashews.... http://ohsheglows.com/2014/05/27/double-chocolate-crispy-frozen-dessert-bars-vegan-gf-no-bake/
This is one of the best, healthier chocolate recipes I've ever had. It's easy and tastes awesome.

katzankatz
04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
^I don't like to give unsolicited advice often, but can I make a suggestion to ease your worry?
As a super healthy eater, can I just say that as long as you have salad and fresh fruit, even the healthiest of eaters will be happy. Some people are crabbier about it than others, but no matter where I'm at, if there is a salad, I'm a happy camper. Because I can fill most of my plate with that, and a little bit of something maybe I wouldn't typically eat. And just don't be offended if someone doesn't heap on something you made... it might just not agree with them (eating healthy means some things start having bad reactions in the body...)

And if your family likes cashews.... http://ohsheglows.com/2014/05/27/double-chocolate-crispy-frozen-dessert-bars-vegan-gf-no-bake/
This is one of the best, healthier chocolate recipes I've ever had. It's easy and tastes awesome.
Thank you for sharing that advice, especially about the salads. And that dessert does look delicious. I should try it.

katzankatz
04-01-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure I will like the redecorating/rearranging my Dd is doing in the house, but hey, at least things are getting wiped down and vacuumed and tidied. So, I'm thinking let it go. Yep. I'm letting it go.

purple
04-02-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm so fed up of nuisance calls to the land line. I want to sign up for a service that blocks unknown numbers but my SIL has her number blocked so it would reject all her calls too...

katzankatz
04-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Here I was, being all stressed about making Easter dinner a healthy one, and then my one sister suggests, of all things, a truly Midwestern dinner staple......... JELLO SALAD! Ahhh, it makes me smile😀.

blythe_ann
04-03-2015, 11:30 AM
LOL ^ Yup. What about Snicker Salad? I have family that requires that at every family meal.

katzankatz
04-03-2015, 03:31 PM
LOL ^ Yup. What about Snicker Salad? I have family that requires that at every family meal.

Yes, I've had that one too. Chopped up snicker bars and whipped cream, pretty much.

blythe_ann
04-03-2015, 03:36 PM
It cracks me up that it's called a salad. My husband loves it. I'm pretty sure he thinks it's healthy.

I thought I got Good Friday off, because I always have, but it's just because I"ve always been out of town so I automatically got it off. Kinda bummed to be at work right now when my husband is sitting around at home!

mina
04-03-2015, 04:43 PM
We are trying to fix up a guest room space in our attic, b/c the guest room will now be the baby's room and there is not enough room for a crib and a full bed in there. And I'm not getting rid of the full bed b/c it was part of my great grandmother's bedroom set and it was mine growing up and I fully believe in passing it on. However, the attic room has a radiator in it. The people that owned this house before us built a very weird awkward platform around the radiator; the top half of the radiator is exposed, but the bottom half has the platform around it that juts out.. It takes up a lot of room and is just weird and awkward. It also looks like the radiator is off of the floor and on a platform. It's the strangest thing ever. I think we will try tonight to disassemble the platform and see what is under there. Hpefully we can build a cover around the radiator and make like a little ledge/table over it with a screen covering it.

snooch
04-03-2015, 10:22 PM
This has been such a bad, stressful, busy, emotional, roller coaster week. It's 7:20 p.m. and I only just now realized that it's Friday! This might be a vodka and ice cream for dinner kind of night.

katzankatz
04-04-2015, 01:57 AM
My family puzzles me. Nooo, it's got dairy in it! Ahh, it's got gluten! Ahhh, yeast! Ahhh, sugar! But alcohol - and large quantities of it - it's apparently as harmless as fresh spring water.

Mrs_B
04-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Jesus *did* turn water into wine. It's Holy!

blythe_ann
04-04-2015, 01:03 PM
I have a friend that went full on Paleo but drinks wine out of her water bottle after working out. I don't get it, either. I admit to having a bit of wine now and again (but I also admit to a bit of gluten and sugar now and again, too). But it cracks me up!

mina
04-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Red wine does have health benefits, not so sure about other alcohol though.

GM
04-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Well one neighbor had enough of another neighbors barking dog. I quickly sent my dog neighbor a text letting her know peeps are screaming about the dogs barking. Happy she's home to get them insiide.

And on another note. .. why must dogs be everywhere now? I was at target and there's a dog. I was at Nordstrom and there's a dog. I was at home depot abd there's a dog. I was at the mall and there's a dog.

Historia
04-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Yes it's so weird to me and I just assumed it was another California thing because I've never seen dogs in malls and stores before. My son likes it but husband and I get nervous around dogs.

GM
04-04-2015, 11:07 PM
^^it's a recent thing but I'm annoyed by it and dont like it.

katzankatz
04-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Around here the dogs-allowed thing is still pretty new. I asked at the Home Depot near me if dogs were allowed, and they said no. Yeah, as much as I love my dog and enjoy taking her places, I'm not quite at peace about it knowing that there are people who do not like dogs or dog owners who are irresponsible. I can see how it could backfire.

katzankatz
04-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Well, I'd call Easter dinner today a success. Now I'm trying to relax enough to fall asleep, but I am still a little amped on adrenaline or something.

snooch
04-05-2015, 01:23 AM
San Diego is a huge dog town. We actually have stores that put signs up saying, "Service dogs only" because the assumption is that most places will allow dogs. Even restaurants allow dogs if they have patio dining. In a three mile radius of our house, I know of four dog parks. It's actually the one thing I'll miss about living here :)

katzankatz
04-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Sitting and relaxing now, and I'm just realizing that the entire weekend was spent in the kitchen. My sisters and i had fun being creative in there, and I really don't mind all the work we did. Still, it would have been nice to do something outdoors or something.

GM
04-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Oh silly back... you're supposed to stay strong:O

snooch
04-06-2015, 01:55 PM
We had our sprinklers repaired in 2013 and got a two year warranty on the parts. The warranty expires in May, so when the sprinkler began leaking, I thought oh good, for once we'll be covered! Except, the guy who did the work has died. Business closed. No warranty. Bleh.

GM
04-06-2015, 04:07 PM
We had our sprinklers repaired in 2013 and got a two year warranty on the parts. The warranty expires in May, so when the sprinkler began leaking, I thought oh good, for once we'll be covered! Except, the guy who did the work has died. Business closed. No warranty. Bleh.

Ugh!

katzankatz
04-06-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm having a hard time accepting that life needs to get back to normal after the Easter holiday. I want to be on vacation:(

Virginia
04-07-2015, 01:08 PM
My SIL gave me four bags of clothes that she got from someone else. I tried to explain to her that I don't wear size six petite pants because, well, I'm 5'8".
So I guess I should take them to Goodwill today...

DIANAC
04-07-2015, 03:55 PM
How do those Christian wives on TV do it? How do they day after day gaze adoringly and lovingly at their husbands while he preaches!? They catch his every word and smile at his jokes. After SO many years of marriage don't they have even a single day when they want to throw something at him?
Maybe I am just a bad wife.
Mrs. Dr. Phil falls into the same category :)

snooch
04-07-2015, 04:07 PM
How do those Christian wives on TV do it? How do they day after day gaze adoringly and lovingly at their husbands while he preaches!? They catch his every word and smile at his jokes. After SO many years of marriage don't they have even a single day when they want to throw something at him?

It's all for the camera. I guarantee they have days where, as soon as they walk offstage, they go to separate corners.

GM
04-07-2015, 05:37 PM

I think this way about Mrs. Duggar. :P She's not real. She HAS to lose it sometime!

DIANAC
04-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I think this way about Mrs. Duggar. :P She's not real. She HAS to lose it sometime!
I just have to stop watching TV altogether. I already watch it very little, only Judge Judy and some Christian programming. But now we see that even Christian programming is not real. :(
At least Judge Judy is The Man!
2 days ago she said. "Do you want to know what yelling is? Come to my house!"
Judge Judy rules! :)

DIANAC
04-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Just now I found this quote by Steven Furtick
"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel” :)

purple
04-08-2015, 06:42 AM
I just want access to the drop box... why does it need to be so complicated???

blythe_ann
04-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Decided late afternoon yesterday (right before giving lessons, I might add) to paint our bathroom. I have disliked the colors for ever and I had a coupon on paint. My bedroom and master bath are now disaster areas, but I'm thinking I can get it done tonight after lessons (because, you know, I'm NEVER exhausted on Wednesdays, after working from 7 AM- 6 PM!).

GM
04-08-2015, 01:44 PM
The boys have done all my errands for me today. They took their bikes and tackled my list :) Proud of them and happy they had fun exploring, being responsible, and shopping!

GM
04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Verdict is in. Waiting to hear. I say have him stand next to a bomb and have his limbs blown off but that's not pc...

:-/

katzankatz
04-08-2015, 03:03 PM
So many things on my mind today:

Would today be a good day to go in to work, or would tomorrow be better? I don't know.
I'm probably going to switch meds again. No mail order pharmacy involved this time though, so that's good. This new one would be via infusion, a 3 hours long one. Yikes.
Our friends are going to England for 6 weeks. They always invite us to join them. Like that'll ever happen. So I am struggling with jealousy.
MIL wants us to both sell our homes and move closer to one another. A good idea, but there are so many things to consider! We've already talked to a realtor.
Our trucks transmission is dying its last breath, and we need another truck if we hope to do any road trips or haul our boat this summer. It's only money.
The desire to get involved in a dog training program is on my mind. I want to do this so bad! It's only money(which i have been saving, but I still have a ways to go).
I have to make a phone call to the doctor today. Blah.

That's not all, but those are the big things.

mina
04-08-2015, 04:28 PM
I miss my walk in closet….. I've cut down a lot, but the clothes I have left; I like, but they don't all fit in one closet……closets are very small here. It's a battle. Tomorrow I go in for my glucose tolerance test…..When I first got the orders for that; I talked to the lab I have to go to and they told me I did not need an appointment- just come in. I'm hoping that's still true, b/c I don't want to call them, bleh. So not looking forward to that in the morning…...

Jesus-is-the-1
04-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Hmmmm....can't decide if I should switch jobs!

katzankatz
04-09-2015, 05:04 PM
1. I'm having such a hard time motivating myself to go to work today. The thing is, once I get there and get in the zone, I'm always glad to be there.

2. My appetite has been big the last couple weeks, and I'm a little paranoid about possibly putting back all the weight I've taken off. So much that I had a dream last night that I did begin gaining it back, but it came back all in my abdomen and chest, and I looked like a freak.

Mrs_B
04-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Hmmmm....can't decide if I should switch jobs!

Praying you can make the decision that you feel best about!

We are having a similar dilemma with DH's job. Unfortunately.

Ramura
04-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Hmm, there's a guy openly flirting with my youngest sister on Facebook. Wondering if I should friend him.