PDA

View Full Version : Facebook question...

purple
05-30-2015, 04:50 AM
We have a Facebook page for our church. The vicar and I are the admins.
Does anyone know if it's possible to post directly to the wall as ourselves???

DIANAC
05-30-2015, 06:06 AM
Go to Settings, Page Roles and see if you can change your Role.

purple
05-30-2015, 12:53 PM
We want/need to stay as admins but if you post as yourself it goes under 'posts to page' with everyone else... I can't see to find a setting so people can post directly to the wall :(

snooch
05-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Maybe I don't understand what you want to do. On the page, in the Post box, there's a little button on the top right that says "Posting as <group name>" and it has a drop-down that you can choose to change to "Post as <your name>". So if you don't want it to appear as, "Page Name posted" but want it to appear as "Purple posted" you can change it there. Is that what you mean?

snooch
05-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Also, if you click Settings from the page (at the top) you can set the option to let people post to the page, if you want members to be able to post to the wall.

purple
05-30-2015, 02:15 PM
It seems like there are only 2 options

1 - post to the wall as the page. That will go directly on the timeline.

2 - post to the 'page' as ourselves. That won't go on the timeline but in a section on the side under 'posts to page'

Our vicar would really like to post as himself to the timeline but it doesn't seem like that is possible... I'll have to keep 'sharing' his posts which will then go on the timeline.

snooch
05-30-2015, 06:15 PM
It seems like there are only 2 options

1 - post to the wall as the page. That will go directly on the timeline.

2 - post to the 'page' as ourselves. That won't go on the timeline but in a section on the side under 'posts to page'

Our vicar would really like to post as himself to the timeline but it doesn't seem like that is possible... I'll have to keep 'sharing' his posts which will then go on the timeline.

Oh I see what you mean now. Yes, I think that's right.

purple
05-31-2015, 03:16 AM
Boooooo to Facebook!

blythe_ann
05-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Or he could post as the page, but sign it. Inconvenient, but it would work :)