PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Watching?

Historia
06-27-2015, 05:02 PM
The Netflix discussion in another thread made me think that a new thread discussing what shows (or movies) we're watching might be fun.

So, what are you watching on tv, your computer, in theaters or whatever? Do you recommend it? I'm often looking for a new Netflix nap time show and I imagine others are, too (though not necessarily the nap time part). And for those who make it to theaters, it'd be nice to know not only what's in theaters, but what's worth paying to see.

Historia
06-27-2015, 05:05 PM
My latest nap time Netflix show is Haven. I really, really like it. I actually just finished watching 3 episodes. It's a sci-fi show based on the book (which I've never read) The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. Basically weird things happen every week in a small Maine town, though there's also an ongoing mystery to the show.

snooch
06-28-2015, 01:44 AM
I'm watching reruns of The Walking Dead and LOST on Netflix, and I always watch Gilmore Girls, five days a week on ABC Family. This summer I want to start Breaking Bad, and catch the Arrested Development season they did on Netflix.

And because it's summer, it's Big Brother time :)

snooch
06-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Oh, I'm also a summer reality TV junkie. America's Got Talent, Master Chef, Big Brother, there's a new one called The Island that we're watching. Summer is the best time for reality television :D

~Kellee~
06-28-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna start Gilmore Girls on Netflix and H and I are gonna start watching House of Cards together while he's gone.

I've been binge-watching Friends on Netflix during late night nursing sessions and mostly we just stick with HGTV to have on as background noise.

blythe_ann
06-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Well, I've already declared my love of Chuck.
We watch My Name Is Earl when we are looking for something goofy.

In our budget, we go to the movies once or twice a month (if we don't go out to eat with our movie, we go out to two movies. Our theater is cheap and we love the owners, so give them the business!). Our theater only has two screens and sometimes doesn't get the newest titles, but they try. We watched Jurrasic World (wasn't bad) and Inside Out this month. Inside Out was actually really cute.

We enjoy (to an extent) the super hero movies. I'm a big Captain America fan-- best character. I'm also into the more pop movies-- the ones based on books, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc. If I've read the book, I have to watch the movie. Though, none can beat the LOtR movies. I own the extra long extended versions, which we watch once a year.
My husband is a Star Wars fan and we watch them a few times a year, for his benefit.

Honestly, I used to binge watch stupid shows on Netflix a lot more often, but I've run out of time to do that (I used to HATE Pretty Little Liars, but I watched it, who knows why...)

snooch
06-28-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm also into the more pop movies-- the ones based on books, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc. If I've read the book, I have to watch the movie. Though, none can beat the LOtR movies. I own the extra long extended versions, which we watch once a year.

I am so with you on all of this! I watch the extended LotR movies at least once a year too :D

(I used to HATE Pretty Little Liars, but I watched it, who knows why...)

Probably the same reason I do -- I have to know what the <heck> is going on!

Christina
06-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm watching Cupcake Wars on Netflix...but I go between that and watching other cooking shows and this and that...I'm not really into any TV shows. I just kind of go with my mood :)

blythe_ann
06-29-2015, 12:20 PM
I am so with you on all of this! I watch the extended LotR movies at least once a year too :D

Probably the same reason I do -- I have to know what the <heck> is going on!

I'm glad I'm not alone in all of this! I still hate PLL, I hate every single character, I get so annoyed that I'm yelling at my screen, but I have to know how A is able to do everything.

snooch
06-29-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in all of this! I still hate PLL, I hate every single character, I get so annoyed that I'm yelling at my screen, but I have to know how A is able to do everything.

Yup..... LOL.

Virginia
07-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Y'all are making me miss cable! I am a reality TV sucker!

Right now on Netflix, I'm into Criminal Minds, Friends (never watched it growing up), Scandal (season 4)...that's it for now. Too busy reading ;)

snooch
07-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Virginia, most of the summer reality shows can be caught online on Hulu or the networks' sites :D

Virginia
07-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Binge watching Parks and Rec. Hilarious :D

blythe_ann
07-25-2015, 10:11 PM
We are on our third round of Chuck. We have also started watching Grounded For Life, just a light and funny sitcom. Another thing we have gotten into are the spoof movies. I don't like those as much but my husband finds them HILARIOUS.

Virginia
07-29-2015, 11:21 PM
I love Chuck so much! I mean, it's super corny and cheesy, but Zachary Levi is awesome :)

I'm done with Parks and Rec. So sad :( I've heard Arrested Development is good, so I might start that next. I finished the most recent season of Scandal, too...

Historia
07-30-2015, 10:07 AM
I've been watching Sense8 and it's quite good but I'm wondering if it won't be renewed for a second season. Netflix has announced other original programming renewals but nothing about that show.

blythe_ann
07-30-2015, 12:40 PM
I am binge watching Gilmore Girls again. This has to be my 5th time through. Its a love hate relationship.

Ramura
07-30-2015, 03:02 PM
My latest nap time Netflix show is Haven. I really, really like it. I actually just finished watching 3 episodes. It's a sci-fi show based on the book (which I've never read) The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. Basically weird things happen every week in a small Maine town, though there's also an ongoing mystery to the show.

If you like Sci Fi, you might really enjoy Fringe. It's a bit gritty, but I'm pretty squeamish and I handled it fine. I watched it about a year ago and loved it!

I just finished Star Trek: The Original Series (and all the movies) and now I'm watching Parks and Rec. I think I might try Chuck next.

I've discovered I need to stick to SciFi, action/adventure/mystery or comedy (or some combination of the three). I've gone through a few different chick-flicky/teenage soap opera-y kind of shows. I always enjoy the first season or two, then I get sick of it, but drive myself crazy because I HAVE to finish it, lol.

snooch
07-30-2015, 09:13 PM
I am binge watching Gilmore Girls again. This has to be my 5th time through. Its a love hate relationship.

For about 6 years, I've watched Gilmore Girls every day on ABC Family, season one through season seven, over and over again. I have to have seen each episode a dozen times. I never get tired of it. :D

snooch
07-30-2015, 09:14 PM
And I second Fringe and Arrested Development - both great shows!

Historia
07-30-2015, 11:46 PM
I have Fringe on my list. I watched the first episode a couple of years or so ago and didn't get into it. I think I'll give it another try though. Scifi is my favorite.

snooch
07-31-2015, 11:25 PM
I have Fringe on my list. I watched the first episode a couple of years or so ago and didn't get into it. I think I'll give it another try though. Scifi is my favorite.

It is very weird in the beginning, but it gets so good. And as a series, it ends well :)

Virginia
08-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Just started 30 Rock.
Not sure about it...kind of weird.

GM
08-02-2015, 04:59 PM
^^ LOVED 30 Rock

purple
08-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Lost!