PDA

View Full Version : Your Fear Landscape

Virginia
07-02-2015, 09:46 PM
If you were in the movie/book Divergent and had a fear landscape, what would your fear landscape include (heights, snakes, water, tight spaces, etc.)?

Mine would definitely have bees/wasps. What about you?

GM
07-02-2015, 10:29 PM
I can handle bees but not wasps or spiders

snooch
07-02-2015, 11:17 PM
I would have bugs of all kinds, and mountainous roads that get narrower and narrower, and twistier and twistier, as I drive along, until my car is up on one wheel and I'm having to navigate around turns that way.

I know this, because these have been recurring nightmares for me since I was a kid LOL.

katzankatz
07-02-2015, 11:40 PM
I haven't read Divergent. Is a fear landscape unique to that story? I never heard of it.

Virginia
07-03-2015, 12:10 AM
I haven't read Divergent. Is a fear landscape unique to that story? I never heard of it.

Yes :) Subjects are injected with a serum that brings their fears to the surface. They then have to, in a simulation, confront all the fears.

And on a different note...you haven't read Divergent? You're missing out! :)

snooch
07-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Katz please read the Divergent series!! It's only three books and they are easy reads, but so good :D

purple
07-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Divergent is on my 'to read list'...

I think mine would be full of snakes, things in my peripheral vision, and sheer drops... oh, and clowns!

katzankatz
07-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Tarantulas.

Maybe I'll put divergent on my library check-out list.

mina
07-03-2015, 09:50 AM
roaches, eye exams, the sounds of dentist drills, being trapped in a room with all the perky popular, who were just inwardly mean, people from high school and college

blythe_ann
07-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Watching someone or an animal die and it's my fault (example; a recurring dream that I am holding my dog while on a third floor deck and I accidentally drop her to the ground below).

A large amount of mice, spiders or snakes would probably do the trick, too.

Virginia
07-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Blythe, you reminded me of another fear: I have an irrational fear of tripping and falling into the street and getting hit by a car, lol.

katzankatz
07-03-2015, 07:20 PM
I have an irrational fear of things collapsing or breaking or falling due to excessive weight. Bike carriers, rooftop luggage carriers, trailers, a very packed trunk... Pianos, heavy furniture, full kitchen cabinets... It makes me very nervous when we haul our boat with the truck, then pulling the boat in and out of the water... And the time we drove up north with the canoe strapped to the top of the truck - anxiety!

Christina
07-05-2015, 12:06 AM
I haven't read them either...my husband has...he never commented on whether they were good or not lol...

My fear landscape probably would include fear of my house burning down, fear of being trapped, and fear of someone hiding in the dark when I walk outside or through my house.

snooch
07-05-2015, 01:21 AM
I haven't read them either...my husband has...he never commented on whether they were good or not lol...

My fear landscape probably would include fear of my house burning down, fear of being trapped, and fear of someone hiding in the dark when I walk outside or through my house.

We have very similar fears - I could add all of those to mine as well.

purple
07-06-2015, 08:41 AM
You can add dentist drills to my list too, as well as thunder and lightning.

blythe_ann
07-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Can I add one as well? Losing control on a bike going downhill. I ride my brakes the whooooole time. My poor husband thought I had crashed because it took me so long to get down the hill yesterday :).