PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Shower?

Virginia
08-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Anyone planning on watching tonight?

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-perseid-meteor-shower

snooch
08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
I'd love to go to the beach at about 4am and watch from there - it's supposed to be great viewing then - but I can't imagine getting up that early when we have so much going on during the day. I'd be exhausted. But it sounds amazing.

katzankatz
08-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Sounds like fun! Between the lights of the city and my remarkably bad vision and bad glasses I'm not sure how much I'd be able to see. 😐

Virginia
08-12-2015, 07:49 PM
We are having our pregnancy announcement photos done at 8 a.m. (which is earlier than I've been getting up), but since I wake up throughout the night, I figure if I wake up to pee or whatever, I'll just venture outside ;) We live kind of out of the city now, near the river, and I'll bet I could actually see some for once!! :)

snooch
08-12-2015, 11:19 PM
I bet you could! It's supposed to be one of the clearest years for viewing this year because of how the moon is right now (I could not tell you how the moon is right now but that's what they said on the news :P)

Mrs_B
08-13-2015, 12:01 AM
I just went out for about 20 minutes and saw 4, plus 2 more out of the corner of my eye. So cool!

DIANAC
08-13-2015, 03:45 AM
I lost my sleep and watched it from 2A till 3:15A. It was cloudy a bit and I needed to focus my eyes. But it was pretty awesome. I saw many shooting stars in the distance. But there were at least 3-4 pretty close and very bright.

purple
08-13-2015, 11:09 AM
It was too cloudy here to see anything, doesn't look like I'll have any luck tonight either as the rain is in really heavy and isn't due to stop overnight