PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve!

Virginia
12-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas Eve! Anyone doing anything special? DH is working all day, but I'm going to our Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m.

katzankatz
12-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Merry Christmas eve to all. Probably won't do a whole lot special today. Lots of work. One more trip to the grocery store. Some early Christmas dinner prep work. Tidying up the house. Stuff like that.

snooch
12-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Merry Christmas, ladies!

We were going to go to church, but a bunch of churches in our town, including the one we planned to attend, received bomb threats for their Christmas Eve services - so we are staying home.

We're going to wrap our gifts to each other and watch a bunch of Christmas specials on DVD and the DVR. It'll be a relaxing peaceful day. Tomorrow we open stockings and cards and spend the day cooking Christmas dinner. We still haven't reached a conclusion about the neighborhood block party.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! <3

mina
12-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Merry Christmas! I need to wrap presents and cook and clean. We may go to the candlelight service at church.

Mrs_B
12-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Cooking, cleaning, playing outside and watching Christmas movies!

BelovedDaughter
12-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Merry Christmas! We are having lunch with SIL and her family, then this evening, we are having dinner/supper with MIL and FIL. Tomorrow we will be going to my grandma's house. Yay!

Christina
12-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Merry Christmas!! I made and packaged up some hot cocoa mix to give out this evening and then I worked on a Christmas drawing that I'm doing...now I'm going to wrap presents. I went to my church's candlelight service and my husband even came with me!! For those who don't know, he doesn't attend my church but belongs to another one. So it was a great gift to have him by my side in church.

DIANAC
12-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Merry Christmas, dear ladies!
We went to Candlelight service this afternoon. It was my GD's first Candlelight service. Tomorrow we are having Christmas lunch at our house, so this evening we got some takeout and had dinner at my MIL's house, so she won't be alone on Christmas Eve. The rest of the evening I did some prepping for tomorrow's lunch and set the table.

snooch
12-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Merry Christmas, ladies!

Historia
12-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Merry Christmas!

Our Christmas Eve included my son loudly proclaiming that he wanted to go home while the pastor was wrapping up the service. Some people chuckled but Husband and I were embarrassed and quickly granted our son his wish.

Melissa1208
12-26-2015, 12:41 AM
I worked 6am-3pm then came home and we had steaks, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and rolls for dinner. After dinner we put on Christmas music and a Netflix fireplace scene and opened all our Christmas presents/ate cookies. We had to go to Christmas at two other houses for Christmas Day and decided that doing our Christmas at night would work out better.

There were several things that were unexpected during the day like my daughter going to urgent care while I was at work (she's not sick but we did find out she is getting molars for Christmas) and me having lots of contractions, but it worked out all right.

GM
12-26-2015, 02:28 AM
This was one of our best Christmases ever!
Hope everyone enjoyed their day/season.

Virginia
12-26-2015, 06:48 PM
I worked 6am-3pm then came home and we had steaks, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and rolls for dinner. After dinner we put on Christmas music and a Netflix fireplace scene and opened all our Christmas presents/ate cookies. We had to go to Christmas at two other houses for Christmas Day and decided that doing our Christmas at night would work out better.

There were several things that were unexpected during the day like my daughter going to urgent care while I was at work (she's not sick but we did find out she is getting molars for Christmas) and me having lots of contractions, but it worked out all right.

Your dinner sounds delicious!

tiredwalker
12-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Merry (late) Christmas everyone! We went to my parents' house on Christmas Eve and I didn't touch my computer for 4-5 days. It was great. We enjoyed a 70 degree Christmas Eve in CT of all places, followed by 3 more glorious days in the high 50's. We played and played and played outside. It was such a wonderful time together with my Baba (almost 93) all the way down to my (almost) 3 year old niece. My mom's house was packed with our family and a sinful amount of food--lasagna, leg of lamb, London boil with salad, and then a turkey. I had to come home so I could rest from so much food. On to the diet and very cold weather--lows in the teens and many inches of snow expected. Welcome back winter!