PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl 50 game/commercials

GM
02-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Anyone watch?
I'd buy a car if Ryan Reynolds was everywhere. Ha!
Marmot commercial was good.
PuppyMonkeyBaby was freaky.
Game was good.
Oddly enough I like Lady Gaga's Star Spangled Banner.
I liked ColdPlay anna BrunoMars...didn't care for Beyonce but it's because it's Beyonce.

mina
02-08-2016, 01:31 PM
I didn't see all of them b/c I was dealing with a wiggly woggly girl that decided to have a sleep strike last night!
I hate Alec Baldwin, but I liked the commercials he was in. I don't even remember the product.
The dad that wouldn't eat car/space commercial was very sad.
PuppyMonkeyBaby-----it was like they didn't even try. I hope those ad wizards are all fired.
I thought the Dorrito ultrasound commercial was weird, but funny. Apparently it's controversial with a pro-choice group b/c it "humanizes fetuses". So dumb.
I liked the prius four commercials.
And the Anthony Hopkins one.
And the hotdog one.

The halftime show was just "eh" to me.

katzankatz
02-08-2016, 05:31 PM
I enjoyed the game. I wasn't sure who to root for at the beginning, but the Broncos won me over fairly early on. I'm happy for Peyton Manning.

I missed the national anthem, but went and listened later. She was good. The red eyes were a little weird.

I liked the halftime show.

The commercials in recent years just aren't what they used to be. Too many people look for ways they can feel offended by a humorous advertisement. This is why the commercials aren't funny anymore, and are why we are seeing puppy-monkey-babies. That was pretty dumb, if you ask me. The wiener dog one was cute, at least.

Mostly, I enjoyed the game.

blythe_ann
02-08-2016, 05:39 PM
We went to a Broncos fans house for the game. I'm indifferent, but at least I knew who the Broncos were before the game (yup, had no idea who the Panthers were... you can tell I'm from the Midwest!).
Loved the vegan bear commercial towards the beginning. The game was good, a few cool things happened.
Honestly, though, I'm still daydreaming about the vegan spinach artichoke dip our hosts wife made... lol

snooch
02-08-2016, 06:12 PM
I rooted for the Panthers. Cannot believe they fell apart so completely.

Monkey-puppy-baby was BEYOND disturbing. And ineffective too. I don't remember what the product was at all.

The ketchup/weiner dogs was great. I loved the first Jeep commercial that showed all the wars and movies and eras that Jeep has been around for - but my husband hated it.

I do not understand, at all, and never will, why there were SOOOOO many pharmaceutical ads for such obscure things! Is irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea really that common for this demographic? Are a lot of superbowl fans suffering with constipation due to opioid use? And thank you, but I don't need an animated colon with my football food!

Christina
02-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I didn't see all the commercials or the halftime show because we were going between places and I was trying to cook food at my mom's house during a good portion of the game.

The Monkeypuppybaby, I think that was like mountain dew or something...but it was so messed up...I can think of 3 things to combine that are better than a monkey, puppy and a baby...

I liked the Doritos one even if it was a bit odd lol

I was disappointed with the Budweiser one as I LOVE the Clydesdales and the emotional touch the ads USUALLY have...so not seeing those horses in all their glory (and emotional humor) was kind of sad for me.

Aside from that, didn't really see any.

I liked Lady Gaga's performance. It's far better than most I hear. The girl can really sing, but then again i have always known that.

snooch
02-08-2016, 08:48 PM
I missed the Clydesdales too. I was looking forward to them!

I'm just going to say... I am so sick of seeing Beyonce's thighs.

blythe_ann
02-09-2016, 10:26 AM
^I know this is going to sound mean, but she has big enough thighs she could cover them up and we would see plenty of them. I don't know if it's all the lunge like dance moves or what, but her legs are ridiculous.

I thought the camera work and stuff made the half time show look fake. Maybe it was just the TV I was watching it on, though.

GM
02-09-2016, 11:15 AM
My friend's child pointed to the TV and laughed saying they forgot their pants. Too much of an agenda with Beyonce...blah

GM
02-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Oh...i did like the Subaru commercial with the golden retriever driving around his puppy.

snooch
02-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Oh...i did like the Subaru commercial with the golden retriever driving around his puppy.

I may have missed this one!

GM
02-09-2016, 04:14 PM
https://youtu.be/qGkDqfdgVEQ

snooch
02-09-2016, 07:58 PM
https://youtu.be/qGkDqfdgVEQ (https://youtu.be/qGkDqfdgVEQ)

Aww I did miss it. That was great :)

Virginia
02-09-2016, 08:34 PM
1) Um...Lady Gaga, anyone? I thought her rendition of the National Anthem was fantastic. I have loved her for years; she is incredibly talented.

2) GO PEYTON MANNING! So glad he won. What a classy and deserving man.

3) Boo to Cam Newton's lack of leadership skills and lack of emotional maturity. I hope he continues to grow in that area.

4) Puppy-baby-monkey was for some Mountain Dew thing...it made me NOT want to try it :behindsofa:

5) Loved, loved, loved the halftime show (minus the low volume for the vocals). It appealed to a wide demographic. It was a bit political in nature, but I respect all the musicians and recognize their insane talent...so I really enjoyed it a lot. Bruno Mars?! Beast!

6) Beyonce demonstrated her athleticism pretty nicely when she almost fell but recovered ;)