PDA

View Full Version : Three Questions

Pages : [1] 2

blythe_ann
10-19-2016, 03:28 PM
I don't know if this will last very long or if anyone else will think it's fun, but I've played this in a group chat and it was really fun. The goal is to get to know everyone a little bit better and have fun answering questions.
So, I will ask 3 questions. The FIRST person to respond should answer those questions about themselves (with as much or as little detail as they want, though more is always fun) and then ask three questions for the next person. You can repeat questions if you would like, but it's more fun if you think of other questions or change them slightly.

So, the first three questions are...

1. Do you have a pet?

2. What is your favorite season?

3. Would you ever sky dive?

snooch
10-19-2016, 07:48 PM
I have a dog, a love bug 70 lb lap dog lab :D

My favorite season is fall, but I really miss the fall of home, with glorious color on the trees and actual cool weather.

I would LOVE to skydive! I'm totally afraid of heights, but the idea of jumping out of a plane and freefalling is exhilarating to me. I doubt I'll ever do it, but if the opportunity arose, I totally would.

1) What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?

2) Do you enjoy church?

3) What is the silliest thing you can remember doing in your life?

blythe_ann
10-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Yay someone responded! Hopefully people will enjoy "playing".

1.Classical music-- being a trained classical musician does that to you. I also like classical based "pop" (basically, certain types of dance music).
2. I do enjoy church, especially the one we are at. The teaching isn't top notch but the leadership genuinely loves members.
3. I remember making cookie dough to eat during a sleepover and we dyed it green just for fun. We woke up the next morning and the cat was sleeping in the bowl of half eaten cookie dough. When she got up, her side was green!

1. Do you like pumpkin?

2. Are you married?

3. How long have you known your best friend?

katzankatz
10-19-2016, 10:39 PM
1. Yum to pumpkin!

2. Yes

3. I don't really have a BFF unless I count my husband. I had two of them growing up, and at the time I never imagined we'd drift apart. But, oh well.

1. What kind of car do you have, if you have one?
2. What is your favorite restaurant?
3. What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?

Sage
10-19-2016, 11:25 PM
1. What kind of car do you have, if you have one?
2004 Ford Explorer. I would love a new car :D I never thought I'd ever want one but I want a mini van so badly. After borrowing a mini van a few times, I want the functionality of a mini van with my brood of kids!
2. What is your favorite restaurant?
I honestly don't have one. We rarely eat out.
3. What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?
Walk in the woods. I miss trees so badly. There are very few big trees where I live, mostly just palm trees and mesquite trees. I miss "real" trees :D I love going to the Hill Country where there are lots of big trees to enjoy and walk under.

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Is there anything else you would love to accomplish in life?
3. What's your favorite memory?

mina
10-20-2016, 12:19 AM
1. A scientist or a writer or a teacher or an artist but always a mom.

2. I would like to have another child and have a cool job that I actually enjoyed. I would also like to accomplish something art related; be it creating and selling or illustration.

3. Lazy days spent at the beach as a child. We would always go to the same place for vacation every year and we would spend all day at the beach.

1. What is your favorite book? or one of them?

2. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive , fictional or not, who would that be and why?

3. What is the wildest thing you have ever done?

snooch
10-20-2016, 09:27 AM
1. What is your favorite book? or one of them?

This is so hard for me to choose because I love books so much, and when I read a book I love, it becomes my favorite for a while. But long-lasting favorite... I'd probably have to say the Harry Potter series, only because it's the series I re-read most often and have the most copies of, including hard copy and ebook versions. :D

2. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive , fictional or not, who would that be and why?

C.S. Lewis. I just want to have long, deep, intellectual conversations with him that I couldn't keep up with so I'd end up just listening to him talk (between mouthfuls of food :P). That would be perfect. :)

3. What is the wildest thing you have ever done?

I'm not sure I could post that here and stay within the rules of my own forum... So the second wildest thing? Probably when I was a senior and my friend and I went to the beach, and we went to the pier where the walk-through haunted house was, where people have make-up on and jump out at you as you go through, and we ended up going behind one of the panels where they hang out to wait for the next group to come through. They had couches and a little kitchen with a fridge and coffee pot, and we spent a few hours just hanging out there with the carnies.

What is your favorite movie?

Have you or would you ever color your hair a non-traditional color?

Do you have any tattoos?

blythe_ann
10-21-2016, 11:26 AM
That's a hard one, I love movies! Probably Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring

I dyed my hair burgundy last year. It wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be, but it wasn't a natural color.

I do not and won't get one. Personal preference.

1. What is your favorite food?

2. What is your favorite color?

3. Do you sing?

katzankatz
10-21-2016, 11:20 PM
I love outdoor grilling and foods you would eat at a cookout or picnic.

Favorite colors are blues and greens. Think of the blues and greens of water - I love them.

I used to sing in choirs and occasionally in small groups. I don't have a good solo voice, but can blend well with others.

1. Something you can cook especially well.

2. Something you love the smell of.

3. Something you'd like to learn.

snooch
10-22-2016, 09:59 AM
I make really good roast beef. It's deli-quality, pink from end to end, more red in the middle for me because I like my meat really rare, and very tasty :hungry:

I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell and don't like a lot of smells that most people find pleasant, like fruit smells. I think my favorite smell is freshly-baked cookies.

I love to learn languages. I know Italian from growing up, but I've forgotten so much about verb conjugations and feminine/masculine nouns, so I want to bone up on that. I want to learn Hebrew, Greek, and Spanish. I'm currently learning Welsh, and I love it!

1) Same question - what is something you'd like to learn?

2) What is your favorite sport to play or to watch?

3) iPhone or Android? (Or other?)

Christina
10-22-2016, 01:50 PM
1) Same question - what is something you'd like to learn?
I'd really love to learn how to play the violin. I'd also like to take voice lessons so I have better knowledge and control of my own voice. And I would love to learn to speak Italian and sign language. Both of them eloquent in their own ways. I already speak a little sign language, but not all of it.

2) What is your favorite sport to play or to watch?
I don't mind watching football, figure skating, basketball, and equestrian events. I like to play basketball and go horseback riding. Actually miss that a lot!

3) iPhone or Android? (Or other?)
Android hands down! More versatile because no matter what device I get I can get all my stuff and easily put it on my computer and whatever. I love my Galaxy S6. I feel spoiled to have it but I love it so much.

New questions!

1) Do you like to cook/bake? If so, what kinds of things?

2) What's your favorite treat?

3) What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?

BelovedDaughter
10-22-2016, 09:25 PM
1) Do you like to cook/bake? If so, what kinds of things?

2) What's your favorite treat?

3) What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?

Absolutely! I love making muffins, cupcakes, and breads!

My favorite treat is white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

My favorite book of the Bible is probably Matthew because it speaks so much of parables.

1.) What is your favorite fruit and why?
2.) What is your favorite baked good?
3.) What is your favorite place you've traveled to and why?

katzankatz
10-23-2016, 07:12 PM
1. Bananas. Why? Not sure, but they taste especially good with breakfast
2. A really good chocolate cake
3. The trips to England that Dh and I have taken. Why? Boring answer, but because it's just fun. It's kind of "our place", just like some couples have "our song".

1. What's the chore that you dislike doing the most?
2. What's the chore that you like (or at least tolerate) the most?
3. What was your first job?

blythe_ann
10-23-2016, 07:17 PM
1. Dishes. I just don't have the patience.
2. Bathroom cleaning. I was a housekeeper at a hotel and I perfected a really good system that make bathrooms fast for me.
3. Ha, I didn't even see this question until after I answered. A housekeeper at a hotel, every summer from 8th grade until I was married.

1. If you could have one nontraditional pet (and it would be legal and safe), what would it be?
2. Do you wear nail polish?
3. Do you hold your fork with the same hand that you write with?

snooch
10-23-2016, 08:26 PM
1) An owl. This is weird for me because I really hate birds. I mean hate them. But I have Harry Potter fantasies about owning a cool snowy owl. :P

2) I wear toenail polish in the summer when I wear sandals. But I haven't worn fingernail polish in a very long time. I don't have the tolerance for the chipping.

3) I do when I'm not using a knife - then it's in my right (dominant) hand. If I'm cutting meat, the fork is in my left hand.

1) Do you like to garden?
2) Do you have siblings? And, if so, where do you fall in the order?
3) Can you remember the name of your 1st grade teacher?

Christina
10-23-2016, 08:49 PM
1) Do you like to garden?
Yes and no. When I make myself get out there and do it, and it's warm enough and not too warm, I love it. Otherwise, eh...

2) Do you have siblings? And, if so, where do you fall in the order?
Yes. I have 6 biological siblings and 1 adopted brother...I am the eldest of all of them :eek:

3) Can you remember the name of your 1st grade teacher?
Yeah...MOM...lol...

1) What is your favorite genre of music?

2) Are you more introverted or extroverted?

3) Are you happy with being whichever one ^ you are?

BelovedDaughter
10-23-2016, 10:52 PM
1) What is your favorite genre of music?

2) Are you more introverted or extroverted?

3) Are you happy with being whichever one ^ you are?

-Contemporary Christian
-Introverted
-Mostly, yes.

---------------
1.) What's your favorite movie?
2.) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
3.) What is one item you can't live without?

Virginia
10-23-2016, 11:08 PM
-Contemporary Christian
-Introverted
-Mostly, yes.

---------------
2.) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
3.) What is one item you can't live without?

1) Hard to pick just one, but probably Sound of Music or Singing in the Rain or Finding Nemo.
2) Mint chocolate chip or coffee
3) My heating pad because I am cold blooded!

Next three questions:
1) Favorite thing about CG?
2) Dream vacation spot?
3) Least favorite subject in school?

mina
10-24-2016, 12:46 AM
1) Hard to pick just one, but probably Sound of Music or Singing in the Rain or Finding Nemo.
2) Mint chocolate chip or coffee
3) My heating pad because I am cold blooded!

Next three questions:
1) Favorite thing about CG?
2) Dream vacation spot?
3) Least favorite subject in school?

1. We are all different (ages, stages, walks in life, viewpoints) but pretty supportive of one another.

2. Ireland or Prince Edward Island

3. Calculus ; bleh!

1. Favorite physical feature?
2. Favorite place to eat?
3. If you were going to dress up for Halloween, what would you be?

Jesus-is-the-1
10-24-2016, 08:53 AM
1. Favorite physical feature?
2. Favorite place to eat?
3. If you were going to dress up for Halloween, what would you be?

1. My blue eyes
2. Bahama Breeze
3. Hmm..this is a tough one because I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was probably 7! I think I'd dress up as a ketchup bottle. A saw a lady dressed in a really funny ketchup costume last year...plus I absolutely love ketchup. Silly, I know. Haha!!

Do you wear makeup? If so, what is your favorite brand?
If you could go anywhere in the world for just 1 day, where would you go?
What is your favorite food?

katzankatz
10-24-2016, 10:01 AM
1. I only wear makeup occasionally. So, I don't really care much about brands.
2. Probably NYC. I'd like to see the 911 memorial and the Empire State building. Not sure what else
3. I love cooking out. So, grilled meats and things. I'm also a sucker for good quality bakery items.

1. What style of home decor do you like? Modern, shabby, country, eclectic, none :) ...
2. How do you like your coffee, if you drink it?
3. What made your favorite teacher your favorite?

snooch
10-24-2016, 11:36 AM
1. I only wear makeup occasionally. So, I don't really care much about brands.
2. Probably NYC. I'd like to see the 911 memorial and the Empire State building. Not sure what else
3. I love cooking out. So, grilled meats and things. I'm also a sucker for good quality bakery items.

1. What style of home decor do you like? Modern, shabby, country, eclectic, none :) ...
2. How do you like your coffee, if you drink it?
3. What made your favorite teacher your favorite?

1) Colonial. My first house with my husband was colonial style and I loved it so much.

2) Cream, and if at home I use a sugar-free chocolate syrup, otherwise no sweetener.

3) He saw past my difficulty with math and saw my potential with computer programming, so he didn't give up on me. He worked with me on the math, and I excelled at the programming, which also ended up giving me confidence with math. :)

1) What's your favorite piece of furniture in your house right now

2) Do you play a musical instrument?

3) What's your favorite animal, pet or wild?

katzankatz
10-24-2016, 05:47 PM
1. Probably just my bed. It's a black iron 4-post with canopy rails. No canopy though. It doesn't really need one.
2. I've played a few instruments. Though I'm not currently playing anything with any regularity and am out of practice, my favorites are piano and clarinet.
3. My Siberian husky, of course! I like dogs in general, my favorites being the Nordic breeds.

1. Do you have a collection of anything?
2. What breed(s) of dogs do you like?
3. What was your favorite childhood toy?

Christina
10-24-2016, 05:53 PM
1. Do you have a collection of anything?
Cats...lol

2. What breed(s) of dogs do you like?
Small ones that aren't annoying...and Goldens and Labs

3. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I didn't really have toys...I had books...and I loved them!

1) Which famous person do you relate to the most?

2) Do you like/watch TV?

3) What do you like to do on a day off?

BelovedDaughter
10-25-2016, 11:40 AM
1) Which famous person do you relate to the most?

2) Do you like/watch TV?

3) What do you like to do on a day off?

I really don't know who I relate to the most.

I like watching tv but I'm spoiled on only Netflix and such, and don't do commercials.

I'm a mom so I don't really get days off, but when A is at her grandparents' house or something, I like to sleep, watch tv shows I want, and get "cuddly" with her daddy! ;) Sorry if that's TMI LOL!

1.) If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?

2.) What's your favorite store?

3.) What's your favorite cake flavor?

Jesus-is-the-1
10-25-2016, 04:15 PM
1.) If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?

2.) What's your favorite store?

3.) What's your favorite cake flavor?

1. Switzerland
2. Sephora
3. Chocolate

Do you have any hobbies?

Do you have any siblings?

Apple or Android?

snooch
10-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Hobbies: I read a lot, and I play World of Warcraft :)

Siblings: 3 sisters, older than me

Android!

What verse, book, or story in the Bible is most meaningful to you.

Will you vote this year?

What's your pet peeve?

Christina
10-25-2016, 08:07 PM
What verse, book, or story in the Bible is most meaningful to you?

Ummm...there are several verses...my "life verse" is Jeremiah 29:11 and that's because if God can be with people who are exiled and in trouble, and STILL have a plan for them, then He's gotta have a plan for me.

Will you vote this year?
I haven't decided yet. I'm so over it all to be honest. I don't feel my vote would count.

What's your pet peeve?
People who think they're great singers, singing badly and trying to convince me that they're awesome singers. lol.

1) What is your favorite place to hang out?

2) Where do you like to go on vacation?

3) What is your favorite "secular" song or artist?

katzankatz
10-25-2016, 09:55 PM
1. I like to hang out at church. There's a nice seating area in the foyer where I often sit and visit with people during one of the services.

2. I'd go anywhere on a vacation. But most of ours are short, like a half-week or long weekend. We usually go to Michigan or Minnesota to see family/friends.

3. The Beatles, Elton John, Billy Joel - all the old guys

1. What time you you usually go to bed and get up?
2. What's something funny you used to believe when you were a kid?
3. Did you ever have a job that you hated?

Christina
10-25-2016, 10:20 PM
1. What time you you usually go to bed and get up?
My normal schedule is about 2am-10am.

2. What's something funny you used to believe when you were a kid?
That babies were born out of mommy's belly button. I believed that until I was about 15.

3. Did you ever have a job that you hated?
A few. My worst two were my first one where I was a cashier at a produce stand and was way overworked by a drill sergeant and one job where I was a nanny for three really bratty, horrible, awful kids, in their horrible home, and hardly got paid anything.

1) What's one big goal you have for your life?

2) What's one of your favorite memories?

3) What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

blythe_ann
10-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Loving These Questions!
1) What's one big goal you have for your life?
Be the kind of wife and mother that makes my sons upbringing something he'll cherish.
2) What's one of your favorite memories?
Playing tag in the snow with my parents. It happened once, because my parents are older, and it was wonderful.
3) What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
Backroading with my husbands questionable old car... lacking in breaks.

1. Repeat Question-- What is a silly thing you used to believe?
2. Are you fashionable?
3. Are you close to your parents?

snooch
10-26-2016, 06:43 PM
1) When I was little, I used to think that dogs were boys, and cats were girls. No idea where that came from. :D

2) I am not in the least bit fashionable!

3) I wasn't close to my parents. They're both gone now, and I wish I'd been closer to my father.

1) Do you decorate for Christmas? (All out, or just a little?)
2) How many remote controls are on your coffee table?
3) Do you know what they're all for?

katzankatz
10-26-2016, 10:50 PM
1. I've never not put up a tree, so that is a must. If that's all the decoration there is, that's good enough for me. Dd likes to decorate though, so she'll do some more.

2. 2

3. Both are for operating the tv and dvr. One is to adjust the tv volume, and the other does everything else.

1. Someone gives you $100 and tells you that you must spend it on yourself and you can't pay bills with it, you buy...

2. Something that smells nice, but not food related.

3. Is there a stupid movie or tv show that you really like, even though you know it's stupid?

mina
10-26-2016, 10:59 PM
1. Massage or gettting my hair colored and cut

2. honeysuckle

3. The Mindy Project; it makes me laugh. I haven't seen the new episodes since it's now on hulu and I don't have that, but freeform is going to show the hulu seasons so I'm excited about that!

1. Is there a blog that you really like?
2. If you could eat one food everyday for the rest of your life, what would that be?
3. What is your favorite flower?

Christina
10-27-2016, 12:27 AM
1. Is there a blog that you really like?
Not particularly. I like blogs about organization and food.

2. If you could eat one food everyday for the rest of your life, what would that be?
Just one food, one way? Hmmm and if it didn't kill me or hurt me medically? CHOCOLATE...or potatoes...

3. What is your favorite flower?
Tulips, although I never figured out why. I just love them.

1. What is your favorite warm drink?

2. Do you like to travel?

3. What is your favorite verse or passage in the Bible?

snooch
10-27-2016, 09:19 AM
1. What is your favorite warm drink?
Coffee!

2. Do you like to travel?
I like to be in places I haven't been in before, but I really don't care for the getting there part. I get stressed about remembering everything, missing/late flights, finding my way there, all the stuff involved with the actual travel. Once I'm at my destination, I love it. :)

3. What is your favorite verse or passage in the Bible?
For a long time, it was Rom 8:28 - God works all things for good. More recently, it is becoming Phil 4:8. "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Replacing negative or anxious thoughts with thoughts like this is much healthier, and Biblical, and I'm trying to remember to do it.

ETA: Forgot my three questions!

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, at any period of time past or future, where and when would you go?

2) What's the last movie you watched?

3) Where did you put your keys?

katzankatz
10-27-2016, 10:39 AM
1. I'd go to Bethlehem and witness the angels announcement to the shepherds.
2. Last night I watched The Craft
3. I keep them in a basket by the back door.

1. What's something that makes you anxious?
2 What do you do with Halloween?
3. Look around you. What is something you see directly to your left, right, front, and back?

Christina
10-27-2016, 12:29 PM
1. What's something that makes you anxious?
When I am trying to get in touch with my family and they're not responding. Or if I've had an argument with a family member and it's that awkward in-between time of silence or very little communication.

2 What do you do with Halloween?
I don't celebrate it and never will, but I do set candy out in a big bowl on my porch for the kids. And secretly hope there is some left.

3. Look around you. What is something you see directly to your left, right, front, and back?
My left: Piano. My right: a chair. Front: sunflower seeds. Back: chair for piano.

1. Are you allergic to anything?

2. How important do you think higher education is, taking into account the high costs and lack of job availability?

3. Have you ever been to college?

BelovedDaughter
10-27-2016, 03:31 PM
1. Are you allergic to anything?

2. How important do you think higher education is, taking into account the high costs and lack of job availability?

3. Have you ever been to college?

-A random cheap detergent. Makes me very itchy.

-I don't think people HAVE to get a higher level of education but it doesn't hurt.

-Yes, I have. I have a Bachelors of Science in Sociology with a minor in Criminology/Criminal Justice.
-----
1.) Biggest pet peeve?
2.) Favorite song?
3.) Favorite animal to see at a zoo?

katzankatz
10-27-2016, 10:13 PM
1. All kinds of annoying noises.
2. It changes frequently. Like, daily sometimes. Lately the hymn Eternal Father Strong to Save is a favorite.
3. The two areas I must visit every time are the big cats and the fish/reptile building.

1. Name something common that you've never done.
2. Name 3 foods you do not like.
3. Did you ever get in really big trouble at school?

Ramura
10-27-2016, 11:19 PM
1. This was surprisingly difficult. I'm sure there are a ton of common things I've never done, but I'm mostly drawing a blank. I'll just go with I've never had a facial or a massage. Not sure how common that really is.
2. Only three? Olives, coconut and craisins.
3. I was homeschooled after third grade so not sure if anything after that counts. In any case, I was pretty much a goody-two-shoes for most of my childhood, so no, never got in any really big trouble.

1. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa and how did that happen?
2. What was the best birthday or Christmas present you ever received?
3. Since my answer was kind of boring, I'm going to do a repeat: Did you ever get in really big trouble at school?

Christina
10-27-2016, 11:27 PM
1. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa and how did that happen?
I never had Christmas as a kid, and learned from the get-go that Santa wasn't real and that Saint Nick was the real deal. I don't regret that at all and if I had kids I wouldn't do the Santa thing.

2. What was the best birthday or Christmas present you ever received?
That's a hard one. I have been so blessed in my life. The best may have been a surprise 25th birthday party thrown by one of my great friends. She got my friends and family to come to her place and invited me over for dinner. When I arrived there, everyone was there. That was amazing.

3. Since my answer was kind of boring, I'm going to do a repeat: Did you ever get in really big trouble at school?
Well I was home schooled, so I really didn't get in any trouble. I liked to get my work done as fast as possible so I was a great student.

1. Do you like to exercise?

2. Do you sleep with light/noise or totally dark/silent?

3. What annoys you about fashion trends today?

mina
10-27-2016, 11:31 PM
1. Do you like to exercise?

2. Do you sleep with light/noise or totally dark/silent?

3. What annoys you about fashion trends today?

1. Yes
2. I like white noise, but my husband hates it so we usually don't have it.
3. I hate harem pants.

1. What is your least favorite food?
2. Favorite season?
3. If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?

Christina
10-28-2016, 01:45 AM
1. What is your least favorite food?
Greens in general...have a hard time stomaching them...so salads are out, usually...

2. Favorite season?
Summer hands down...

3. If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?
That all my loved ones would come to Christ, that we'd move to Ohio sooner rather than later, and that I would feel better overall and get healthy.

1. What's the farthest you've been from home?

2. Do you live in the same area you grew up in?

3. Do you prefer shoes, sandals, or bare feet?

snooch
10-28-2016, 09:33 AM
1. What's the farthest you've been from home?
Probably Europe, although I felt the farthest when I lived in CA.

2. Do you live in the same area you grew up in?
No, I did until 2007, but not since, and probably not again.

3. Do you prefer shoes, sandals, or bare feet?
I vastly prefer bare feet, but I'm rarely barefoot. In the house, I usually wear slippers or socks. Between shoes and sandals, I prefer sandals.

1) Where were you on 9/11?

2) What is your favorite/most often used emoji?

3) What is something everyone seems to like that you just don't?

Christina
10-28-2016, 11:49 AM
1) Where were you on 9/11?
I was 14 and was in the middle of school at home. We turned on the TV but we didn't get TV, just rabbit ears and they didn't work well as we were in the boonies. So we didn't really see or hear anything. We knew about the attacks because we knew a man who worked in one of the towers.

2) What is your favorite/most often used emoji?
Probably this one: :D I don't know what regular emojis are but I tend to smile a lot lol

3) What is something everyone seems to like that you just don't?
Watching TV on a regular basis. I like some TV shows but I prefer watching them online and in my own leisure. I've only ever committed to a couple of TV shows regularly in my lifetime and I just don't get the hype of having to watch TV every day. Maybe I'm nuts. Some people I know think I'm crazy for not wanting TV on all the time. And when I've called someone or am Skyping with them and the TV is on, or I'm visiting them and it's on, it really bothers me, even though I don't feel like it should. We don't even have a subscription to TV now :D Hulu and Netflix ftw...

1. Do you like art of any kind?

2. Do you like to read?

3. When did you become a believer?

blythe_ann
10-28-2016, 05:25 PM
1. Do you like art of any kind?
I do. Photography is my favorite visual art--black and white and portraits are my favorites. Of course, I'm a musician, so there is that, too.
2. Do you like to read?
This is going to make me sound like an idiot but no, not really. Since I started running, sitting for a long period of time just doesn't feel great. I also have a hard time enjoying the real world when I'm in a good book. I'd much rather see the story of my life lived out than lost in fantasy (please don't take that offensively, I know a lot of people love to read and that's great).
3. When did you become a believer?
Another answer people might not like. I grew up in a Christian home and I never had "a moment". I have never really questioned God's existence or grace in my life. I used to "pray the prayer" all the time, though, because I was horrified I wasn't saved because I didn't have a moment.

1. What is your favorite movie of all time?

2. You have your choice of dessert tonight--what is it?

3. Are you a good dancer?

Christina
10-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Not to interrupt the flow here at all but Blythe, your answer is the same as mine re: when you became a believer. I never had that moment either and I'm pretty sure I've "accepted Jesus" into my heart about 100 times as a kid because I was so scared. Even to this day I know I'm saved but I'd like that "moment".

:focus:

snooch
10-28-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm interrupting the flow for a minute too, to say that it's not just lifelong believers who don't always have the "moments" -- I became a Christian in 2004 and never had a moment. It was a gradual belief and acceptance and, eventually, submission, but it was truly gradual. It took a long time for me to have assurance about my salvation, and for a long time I said the prayer every time it came up in church because I wanted to be safe. :)

1. What is your favorite movie of all time?

I think it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I could watch them on a loop forever.

2. You have your choice of dessert tonight--what is it?

Chocolate cheesecake :)

3. Are you a good dancer?

Anyone here familiar with Seinfeld episode where they describe Elaine's style of dancing? That's me -- full body dry heave. :P

1) How many pillows do you sleep with?

2) Do your dishes match?

3) How many piercings do you have?

Christina
10-29-2016, 12:46 AM
1) How many pillows do you sleep with?
I sleep with 2 pillows - one nice firm memory foam type for my head and one cheapy between my knees. It is much better for your back to sleep with a pillow between your knees if you are a side sleeper or under your knees if you're a back sleeper.

2) Do your dishes match?
No...although I have a couple of different sets, but none of them have the full set and they certainly don't match with each other.

3) How many piercings do you have?
Just two...my ears and my nose...and that is all that I will ever get because I have a neurological reaction to the pain that makes me faint lol

1. Do you have a favorite fruit?

2. Do you have any tattoos?

3. What was one of the most important moments in your life?

Jesus-is-the-1
10-29-2016, 05:35 PM
1. Do you have a favorite fruit?

2. Do you have any tattoos?

3. What was one of the most important moments in your life?

1. Watermelon when in season. Otherwise grapes.

2. Yes I have three stars on my right foot and the word hope on my right inner wrist.

3. When I graduated with a Master's Degree

Do you have a best friend?
What is your favorite candy?
Are you named after anyone?

mina
10-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Do you have a best friend?
What is your favorite candy?
Are you named after anyone?

1. No, probably my mom if anyone.
2. Reese's PB cups
3. I'm named after my grandmother and my mom.

1. If you had to be trapped in an elevator with a celebrity for 10 hours and no phone reception; who would you choose and why?

2. Is there a song that has meant a lot to you or has been a "theme song" for your life at any point? It can be christian or secular.

3. Describe the perfect Friday night.

snooch
10-29-2016, 08:31 PM
1. If you had to be trapped in an elevator with a celebrity for 10 hours and no phone reception; who would you choose and why?

Ian McKellen. I just want to listen to him talk. (I hope I spelled his name right!)

2. Is there a song that has meant a lot to you or has been a "theme song" for your life at any point? It can be christian or secular.

In This Life, by Collin Raye. It reminds me so much of what my husband means to me, every time I hear it or sing it at karaoke, it's for/to him.

3. Describe the perfect Friday night.

Movies, popcorn, or a good book on a comfy couch!

1) What is your favorite dinner?

2) Do you like any cartoons?

3) What is your favorite wall art/decor in your house right now?

Christina
10-29-2016, 11:51 PM
Just about anything with pasta (must be the Italian in me) or a good chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.

2) Do you like any cartoons?
Tom and Jerry, LOVE them, they're so much fun.

3) What is your favorite wall art/decor in your house right now?
The adoption papers on my wall, and when we weren't trying to sell the house, I had pictures and drawings and other things from my whole family up on the wall. Right now I don't have anything to speak of on the walls.

1. What is the ideal temperature for you?

2. Are you a sentimental person or is that not really your thing?

3. Do you like your natural hair color?

katzankatz
10-30-2016, 11:41 AM
1. I'd say low 70s, in general.
2. I think I am a little. It's not a word that I would Immediately think of to describe myself though.
3. Heavens, no. Pregnancy really did a number on my hair color. Without my highlights my hair is what I call ugly dark ash blond. Dish water blond. Thank goodness for chemicals.

1. What shoes do you wear most often?
2. Who is the smartest person you know?
3. What's the longest you've stayed awake, and what was the reason you were awake?

Virginia
10-30-2016, 02:31 PM
1. What shoes do you wear most often? My gray lace flats because they match every work outfit ever
2. Who is the smartest person you know? My friend Tricia, who went to Yale and double majored in English Literature and biochemistry and is now doing off-Broadway shoes...so talented ;)
3. What's the longest you've stayed awake, and what was the reason you were awake? Three days because it was finals week in college!

Questions:
1) What would you change your name to if you had to change it?
2) What's your favorite Christian song?
3) What's the best advice you've ever gotten?

Christina
10-30-2016, 03:14 PM
1) What would you change your name to if you had to change it?
That's a hard question. Probably Savannah Rose...

2) What's your favorite Christian song? That tends to change based upon where I am at in my walk/mood/whatever. I can't really pick one. I love Great Are You Lord by Bethel, Come As You Are by Crowder, Hiding Place by New Life Worship, Blessings by Laura Story...so many more...

3) What's the best advice you've ever gotten?
Growing up in a Christian home I wasn't sure how to embrace my walk. So the best advice I ever got was from a mentor who told me to strip everything back to the very basics and start there and build my own walk through prayer, meditation, and studying the Scriptures. It helped me to start hearing God's voice and not the voices of those who raised me.

1. What's your favorite breakfast food?

2. What has been the most impacting moment in your life so far?

3. If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?

katzankatz
10-30-2016, 04:04 PM
1. Lately it's been my own homemade soft-scrambled eggs (I can't stand overcooked scrambled eggs) with diced Canadian bacon and sharp cheddar shreds.
2. My "conversion moment" as was discussed on this thread earlier, age 6. Though I did not fully understand what I was doing, I believe it was the beginning point of my walk with God.
3. "TALK TO PEOPLE!" Oh, for so many reasons, I wish I'd talked to people.

katzankatz
10-30-2016, 04:09 PM
Whoops. Forgot to ask my 3 Qs.

1. What sounds like a really fun thing for you to do at this moment, that you actually COULD do?
2. What's something you've done before and you would love to do again?
3. In what class did you get your best grades?

Christina
10-30-2016, 04:39 PM
1. What sounds like a really fun thing for you to do at this moment, that you actually COULD do?
Spend the evening relaxing and playing Sims lol

2. What's something you've done before and you would love to do again?
Horseback riding. I miss it so much. I wasn't the best rider but I wasn't bad either. I loved to go out on the trails and just ride for hours. It was exercise that didn't hurt me and it was amazing to have the bond of the horse beneath me.

3. In what class did you get your best grades?
English and Language Arts (they were combined for me). I was two grades ahead just about my whole life those areas so by 10th grade I didn't even have any more to do. I guess that is the perks of being home schooled.

1. Do you prefer tea or hot cocoa?

2. Have you ever been in a plane and if you were did you like it?

3. Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?

blythe_ann
10-30-2016, 06:04 PM
1. Do you prefer tea or hot cocoa?
TEA. Though I love me any hot beverage.
2. Have you ever been in a plane and if you were did you like it?
Yes many a time. I don't mind flying or air travel.
3. Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?
No but I really want to!

1.Do you have a guilty pleasure show?

2. If you were a color what color would that be?

3. Do you wear dresses?

Christina
10-30-2016, 08:30 PM
1.Do you have a guilty pleasure show?
Back when it was running, I watched a show called Revenge. Horrible show from a moral standpoint. But I loved it.

2. If you were a color what color would that be?
I don't really know. Like, how do we define colors? Yellow is happy, blue is sad, red is angry, purple is royal, pink is girly, black is goth, white is pure, green is life...so I'd probably be a mixture of all those, lol, and be brown which is super boring!

3. Do you wear dresses?
If I could find any that didn't make me feel like I looked either pregnant or fat, I would probably from time to time.

1. What's one thing you haven't done that you would like to do?

2. Is there anything you haven't watched or participated in that most people have?

3. What denomination (if any) did you grow up in and are you still part of that or not?

Christina
10-30-2016, 08:33 PM
I feel like I am answering these a lot but I'm not meaning to take over the show, I just LOVE this thread so much lol

snooch
10-30-2016, 09:23 PM
1. What's one thing you haven't done that you would like to do?

Sky dive. It would scare the crap out of me, but I'd really love to do it one day.

2. Is there anything you haven't watched or participated in that most people have?

The Olympics. It's American blasphemy, but man.... I hate the Olympics. I watched a little as a kid because my family had it on, but otherwise no way.

3. What denomination (if any) did you grow up in and are you still part of that or not?

I grew up Catholic. I am no longer Catholic. They would consider me an apostate at best, ex-communicated at worst.

1) Heels or sneakers?

2) Curling iron or flat iron?

3) Coke or Pepsi?

Manna
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM
1. Sneakers!

2. Flat iron - my hair is too coarse to wear straight without ironing out the frizz!

3. Coke or Pepsi? Neither! Blech!

----

1. Favorite TV show as a child?
2. Where was your "hangout" as a teen?
3. Do you like wearing makeup or no?

katzankatz
10-30-2016, 10:26 PM
1. Sneakers. I wear them every day. And there exists no shoe with any height of heel that I have ever found comfortable.
2. I haven't used either one in many years. I don't even know which one I'd choose today.
3. Coke.

1. If you couldn't live where you live now, where would you choose?
2. What's your favorite kind of tree?
3. What's the most unusual food you've eaten?

Ramura
10-30-2016, 10:29 PM
1. Well, that's easy. I'd move back home to Maryland where most of my family is.
2. Literally no preference. I guess I'd choose sycamore if I absolutely had to. We had a sycamore tree in our yard growing up, so it brings back fond memories.
3. Fufu. No idea what that actually is or even if that's it's real name. I had it in Ghana. It's apparently a favorite there.

1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
2. How many brothers/sisters do you have?
3. What was your college major? If you didn't go to college, what would it have been if you had gone?

Christina
10-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Answering one that didn't get answered and Ramuras -

1. Favorite TV show as a child?
I didn't have TV or movies growing up.

2. Where was your "hangout" as a teen?
Unfortunately, home. I didn't have any friends lol. I did manage to have a best friend in high school but I only hung out at her house after I started driving at 17.

3. Do you like wearing makeup or no?
Just a little, but I don't wear it unless it's like a wedding or something.

1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Zanesville, Ohio and all up the coast of Maine.

2. How many brothers/sisters do you have?
4 brothers, 3 sisters...1 of the brothers was adopted, and 1 bio brother went to be with Jesus several years ago.

3. What was your college major? If you didn't go to college, what would it have been if you had gone?
I didn't get the opportunity to go to college but I didn't know what I wanted to be at the time. Now I would go for counseling or psychology of some sort.

1. Do you like your fingernails long or short?

2. Do you get cold easily?

3. What is your favorite veggie to eat?

katzankatz
10-31-2016, 12:29 AM
1. I like them short, but if they are kept manicured and polished they can be a little bit longer.
2. As long as I'm moving my body ,I usually stay warm. Kind of depends, though. There are sure couple places I can think of that are just always cold and I have a harder time with it.
3. I love steamed broccoli.

1. What's the coldest temperature you been exposed to?
2. What's the hottest temperature you've been exposed to?
3. Is there a favorite nearby town you like to visit?

Virginia
10-31-2016, 11:48 PM
1. What's the coldest temperature you been exposed to? I think like ten degrees Farenheit
2. What's the hottest temperature you've been exposed to? 110 F
3. Is there a favorite nearby town you like to visit? I like visiting Virginia Beach because, well...beach

1) What question do people as you that you hate to answer, and why?
2) Strangest thing you've eaten or drunk?
3) Who is your hero?

BelovedDaughter
10-31-2016, 11:55 PM
1) What question do people as you that you hate to answer, and why?
2) Strangest thing you've eaten or drunk?
3) Who is your hero?

-When are you having another baby? Reason: because we don't know!

-Pig's feet. YUCK!

-My hero is probably my grandma or mom. They're so strong.

1.) If you could eat anything for breakfast, what would it be?

2.) If you could eat any one food for a long period of time, what would it be?

3.) If you had to give up any one food forever, what would it be?

Christina
11-01-2016, 01:38 AM
1.) If you could eat anything for breakfast, what would it be?
Boston Cream Pie

2.) If you could eat any one food for a long period of time, what would it be?
Chocolate

3.) If you had to give up any one food forever, what would it be?
Greens of any kind...eww...lol

1. Are there any games you like to play?

2. Do you like to listen to music while you're driving/in the car or not?

3. What's one piece of advice you would give to a teenager?

snooch
11-01-2016, 09:21 AM
1. Are there any games you like to play?

I play World of Warcraft. On my tablet, I like to play Words With Friends and Trivia Crack, and a few other solo games that are brain teasers or time killers. I really enjoy board games like Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit, but we never play them.

2. Do you like to listen to music while you're driving/in the car or not?

Always!

3. What's one piece of advice you would give to a teenager?

Don't take the little dramas of your life right now too seriously. They feel like the biggest things that will ever happen to you, but they really won't matter at all in ten years. Instead, savor the little joys of your life right now. Those are the memories you'll want to look back on.

1) Do you have a big purse you keep everything you own in, or a small purse you only carry the essentials in, or somewhere in between?

2) If you were stranded on a desert island that happened to be equipped with all the amenities you need, would you stay there or try to get rescued?

3) Can you waltz?

katzankatz
11-01-2016, 11:19 AM
1. Somewhere in between, but leaning toward smaller rather than bigger. It's important that they be light weight and not get in my way. I really like backpack style purses.

2. I do love my alone time, but staying there would just get too lonely. after a certain point I just have to be with people.

3. A guy I went out on a handful of dates with knew how to waltz, and he thought it'd be fun to teach me too. So we spent some time doing some very basic waltzing one evening. That's all I know about it.

1. What's something that makes you squeamish?
2. Have you ever been in a car accident?
3. Do you have a favorite brand of jeans?

Christina
11-01-2016, 01:33 PM
1. What's something that makes you squeamish?
Cleaning the bathroom...even if it's relatively clean...speaking of which, I need to do both mine today...

2. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Two actually. One just after I got my license, fell asleep at the wheel when driving in the early morning to take care of a friend's cats...just scraped a speed limit sign and came out of it fine. The other was a year or so after getting my license, my right front tire popped as I was going down a steep dirt road and i smashed into a tree. My car was totaled but God directed the tree to hit the passenger side and I was completely unharmed with exception of a little concussion.

3. Do you have a favorite brand of jeans?
Nope! I don't like paying for jeans. So I look in the bargain racks and find jeans that fit my oddly shaped back/stomach properly and fit my massive thighs.

1. What's your least favorite household chore?

2. What's your preferred method of exercising?

3. Do you like to wear jewelry?

Ramura
11-01-2016, 03:02 PM
1. I don't really dislike any chore, but I'm really lazy, so I'd have to go with the one that takes the longest: mopping. I have no carpet in my duplex, so I have to mop the whole thing when I want a really deep clean.
2. Free weights or strength training more generally. I enjoy it and would love to be super fit and muscular some day. I also like biking, but most forms of cardio are not my cup of tea. I don't enjoy being out of breath, lol.
3. I wear one necklace every day, but mostly for sentimental reasons, not so much because I just like jewelry. I do wear bracelets and anklets occasionally and it's fun, but not a regular thing.

1. What's your favorite outfit?
2. What's your favorite holiday?
3. Describe a "blessing in disguise" moment in your life, like something that happened that was really disappointing at the time but turned out to be a good thing. Sorry that's not in the form of a question.

mina
11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
1. What's your favorite outfit?
2. What's your favorite holiday?
3. Describe a "blessing in disguise" moment in your life, like something that happened that was really disappointing at the time but turned out to be a good thing. Sorry that's not in the form of a question.

1. I don't really have a favorite outfit. I do like wearing a skirt or a dress with rain boots.

2. Thanksgiving. It's cool weather, beautiful leaves, family, and food.

3. Um, maybe not marrying my ex-bf. He was like "the one" and we got along really really well. He was all over the place with our relationship though- he loved me and wanted to marry me one minute and the next he was scared to grow up and commit and he felt like a kid. He was a Christian and I felt he truly loved the Lord and that we were a good match, but I think our personalities were quite different. The ending of our relationship really hurt me very much and I had to deal with loads of pain from that, but now I'm glad. I think my husband loves me more and treats me better and our relationship is a true Godsend. I hated being single and I wish I had met my husband much sooner and that I never had been in a relationship with my ex, b/c I think it just prolonged my singleness. I don't know why that had to happen I guess it opened my eyes to the gross way people treat you when you are single, but I'm thankful for where my life is now.

1. If you could go back to a point in time and relieve a memory; where would it be?
2. Favorite store?
3. are you more city or country?

Jesus-is-the-1
11-01-2016, 03:42 PM
1. If you could go back to a point in time and relieve a memory; where would it be?
2. Favorite store?
3. are you more city or country?

1. In Las Vegas visiting my best friend. It was just before she died in a car accident in 2004.
2. Sephora for fun. Belk or Dillard's for clothes.
3. City!

What is your favorite secular band or singer?
What is your house like?
How far do you drive to work?

katzankatz
11-01-2016, 04:27 PM
1. Elton John or Billy Joel. I love a good piano player.
2. It's an old Dutch colonial, built in 1927. Pretty house, but it's hard to live in a place that has just one electrical outlet per wall. It's a huge expense to upgrade the things that are outdated.
3. I work at 4 different locations. The farthest one is 6 miles away.

1. What's the worst injury you've had?
2. What's something or who is someone that cheers you up when you are down?
3. Do you have any specific beliefs that you've changed your mind on? (Hopefully the question makes sense)

snooch
11-01-2016, 05:49 PM
1. What's the worst injury you've had?

I tore the cartilage and a ligament in my left knee. My dog was running laps around the house in the rain, and she tore around the corner and slipped on the grass, hitting me from behind and knocking me on my butt. I'd injured that knee before, but it needed surgery after that.

2. What's something or who is someone that cheers you up when you are down?

My husband. He can make me laugh even when I'm mad AT HIM. :D

3. Do you have any specific beliefs that you've changed your mind on? (Hopefully the question makes sense)

I used to be very liberal in my fiscal beliefs. I thought it was better to pay higher taxes so more people could get financial help from the government. I no longer believe this. I'm fairly liberal socially, but fiscally conservative.

1) What is your typical breakfast?

2) Did you do anything for Halloween last night?

3) Who is your favorite late night talk show host?

katzankatz
11-01-2016, 07:37 PM
1. Eggs and toast or eggs and muffin, usually.
2. I watched Monday Night Football, more or less. It wasn't a very exciting game, but the Vikings lost, so that was good. :) We don't have night time trick or treat in our neighborhood.
3. I don't really watch them. I used to sometimes watch Jay Leno.

1. What's your favorite way to eat chicken?
2. Do you have any irrational fears/worries?
3. How many nieces and nephews do you have?

purple
11-01-2016, 07:41 PM
1 - just roasted with steamed veg...
2 - snakes!
3 - 2 nephews (4 and 21) 1 niece (17)

1 - If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go?
2 - what is your favourite book in the bible
3 - what is your favourite holiday (i.e. easter, thanksgiving...)

Ramura
11-01-2016, 08:53 PM
1. I don't have many travel aspirations actually. Maybe somewhere in Africa. It's a beautiful continent.
2. I'm a bit rusty on this one. Haven't really cracked open a Bible in a couple years, other than to pretend to follow along a sermon. I think I would go with Luke. Jesus' teachings are so beautiful and inspirational.
3. Christmas all the way!

1. What was your favorite extracurricular activity growing up?
2. What's your most unusual habit or hobby?
3. Who's your celebrity look-a-like (even if you don't think you have one, pick someone who seems the closest :))?

BelovedDaughter
11-01-2016, 10:16 PM
1. What was your favorite extracurricular activity growing up?
2. What's your most unusual habit or hobby?
3. Who's your celebrity look-a-like (even if you don't think you have one, pick someone who seems the closest :))?

-Choir when we'd go to other schools and join them for a big concert.

-I've become very much in like with this one body scrub and love the scent of it, so I like to wash my hands with it a lot of the time.

-A few years or so ago, MsDahl told me I looked like Reese Witherspoon. I never saw it, but she did!

1.) What is your favorite scent?
2.) What is your least favorite scent?
3.) Have you ever met anyone from this forum? If so, who?

Christina
11-02-2016, 02:12 AM
BD I can totally see that!

1. I like something not too girly, but kind of rosy and soft and fresh. Herbal Essence used to have a shampoo that smelled perfect to me but they no longer carry it :(

2. Aside from bad body/human life odor, my least favorite scent is musk.

3. Yes...I have met three actually...MsDahl, mum2only1, and TW :) I might have met more and I forgot...if so I am sorry...my brain isn't working tonight lol

1. Do you like camping?

2. Are you allergic to anything?

3. What is your favorite old hymn?

katzankatz
11-02-2016, 03:02 AM
1. I love being outdoors, hiking, exploring, etc. But do not expect me to spend the night out there. Give me a hotel with a real bed, please.
2. Just a couple medications I've been prescribed have caused allergic reactions.
3 Good ol' Martin Luther's A Mighty Fortress. I also love Eternal Father Strong to Save. Both of these have been known to cause the chills.

1. What is the most ill you've ever been?
2. Have you ever met a famous person in person? (Define famous however you want)
3. We all have weird quirks. What is one of yours?

mina
11-02-2016, 09:59 AM
1. I had chicken pox when I was 19. It hurt! I had to sit in a baking soda bath gor hours to get relief.

2. I've been up close to Catherine zeta jones, but didn't speak to her. Ive been at a restaurant with greg brady, but didn't bother him. I was on a plane two seats behind joquin Phoenix. Hw had greasy hair and watched bridesmaids over and over again!

3. I can't vacuum at nig ht. I'm scared someone will come up behind me!

1. What is the best advice you have ever received?
2. Anything special you always make at Christmas?
3. Favorite sappy movie?

snooch
11-03-2016, 09:11 AM
1. What is the best advice you have ever received?

That I can get through anything when I know it's only temporary. That's helped me push through a lot of situations I thought would break me.

2. Anything special you always make at Christmas?

It's the one time of year I get to make cheesy garlicky mashed potatoes. They are sooooo good.

3. Favorite sappy movie?

Oh man, I have too many to count. I'm a sucker for a sappy movie. They all make me cry. :D Right now I'm watching all the sappy romantic Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. :)

1) Have you ever sung in public?
2) What are you most afraid of doing?
3) What are you happiest doing?

Ramura
11-03-2016, 07:13 PM
1. When I was a kid, I did a few performances with other kids in church and nursing homes. Not since then. I have a terrible singing voice.
2. I'm not sure. I struggle with some forms of social anxiety. Asking for help and even making basic social connections are nerve wracking for me. So it would probably be something along those lines. I'm worried about my future success in grad school. When I had to ask someone to serve as my thesis chair, I was really worked up about it. I survived that experience, but I know it's just the beginning of the many connections I'll need to make and favors I'll need to ask over the next four years and maybe the rest of my career. It definitely makes me wonder sometimes if I've picked a career that I'm just horribly suited for and that certainly scares me.
3. Being with the ones I love. Sharing a meal, playing with my sisters' kids, watching TV. Doesn't really matter what we're doing. :)

1. Which states/countries have you lived in?
2. What was the last thing you googled?
3. What's your favorite thing about your spouse and/or your best friend?

Christina
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
1. Which states/countries have you lived in?
I have only ever lived in Vermont, USA

2. What was the last thing you googled?
Kamikaze...someone used the word at a funeral yesterday, I guess it was the guy's favorite word or something so I wanted to know what it meant.

3. What's your favorite thing about your spouse and/or your best friend?
My favorite thing about my spouse is that he is so incredibly patient with me and also is a wonderfully generous man. I am difficult to live with and he is very patient through it all. My favorite thing about my best friend (who lives in Missouri now :( ) is that we sometimes go for weeks without talking because she is so busy with her kids but when we talk we have the best time and it is like we never spent time apart. When I visited her last January, it was as if we hadn't ever parted. It was great to see her, but I became part of their every day life (as I had been before when I was taking care of her kids as a job) and it was really cool. I don't mind being a guest somewhere but I'd much rather just be family.

Would help if I posted the questions :doh: lol

1. Do you use a cellphone?

2. What is your favorite genre of music?

3. What is your comfort food of choice?

snooch
11-04-2016, 04:54 PM
1. Do you use a cellphone?

I do. I couldn't function without it. I don't know how I did it 15 years ago. :P

2. What is your favorite genre of music?

I alternate between country (although modern country irritates me now) and alternative rock.

3. What is your comfort food of choice?

Mac and cheese!

1) Who is the last person you texted?

2) What is your favorite Christmas movie?

3) What is your favorite Christmas song? (I'm in a Christmassy mood :P)

katzankatz
11-04-2016, 06:24 PM
1. Yes, I do. I use it more and more. Took me awhile to learn to accept the newness of it.
2. I don't really have one favorite. It changes depending on the day and what interests me that day. I like rock, the oldies, and classical.
3. A good burger and fries does it for me.

1. What junk food is your guilty pleasure?
2. What's the best thing that happened to you today, so far?
3. What color are the walls, the floor, and the countertop in your kitchen?

katzankatz
11-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Whoops. Snooch and i posted at the same time. Here's my response to hers:

1. my husband
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Oh Come Oh Come Immanuel

1. What junk food is your guilty pleasure?
2. What's the best thing that happened to you today, so far?
3. What color are the walls, the floor, and the countertop in your kitchen?

Ramura
11-04-2016, 10:51 PM
1. Donuts. Specifically, when I can find them, chocolate frosted pershings.
2. I got my new laptop.
3. Walls are white, floor is brown, countertop is black.

1. If you had to evacuate your house and could only grab one thing (children and pets excluded), what would it be?
2. What was the last movie you watched?
3. Team Ironman or Team Captain America?

snooch
11-05-2016, 09:48 AM
1. If you had to evacuate your house and could only grab one thing (children and pets excluded), what would it be?

This is a hard question. I'd want to grab my favorite guitar. But practicality would take over, so I'd grab the basket on the couch where I stow my phone, tablet, current book, and my Chromebook, so I'd have my electronic "life" with me.

2. What was the last movie you watched?

I'm watching it right now. Northpole :)

3. Team Ironman or Team Captain America?

I haven't seen Civil War yet, so I can't say! Generally speaking, Iron Man :P

1) Marvel or D.C.? (since I'm coming off a superhero question :D)

2) What length do you prefer to wear your hair?

3) Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a kid?

BelovedDaughter
11-05-2016, 10:51 AM
1) Marvel or D.C.? (since I'm coming off a superhero question :D)

2) What length do you prefer to wear your hair?

3) Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a kid?

-Marvel
-About chin length since it looks best that way.
-Yes I did.

1.) What's the weather like where you are?
2.) What are you drinking or eating right now?
3.) What color are your socks?

mina
11-05-2016, 04:32 PM
1. It's maybe in the high 50's. Nice with a chill.
2.grapes
3. Blue with white snowflakes

1. What is your comfort food?
2. Best gift you have ever received?
3. Favorite brand of chocolate?

Christina
11-05-2016, 05:55 PM
1. What is your comfort food?
Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheddar soup...anything potato lol...

2. Best gift you have ever received?
The gift of adoption into a real family

3. Favorite brand of chocolate?
Currently it is Lindt...but I'd be down with trying other brands

1. What is your favorite department store?

2. What is your favorite holiday?

3. Do you enjoy practical gifts or not?

snooch
11-05-2016, 10:40 PM
1. What is your favorite department store?

Kohl's

2. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas!

3. Do you enjoy practical gifts or not?

I've been known to enjoy them, especially when they are really needed. But I don't prefer them.

1) What is the worst gift you've ever gotten? (I'm answering this myself because it is so hilarious - a 3-pack of boxcutters as a Christmas gift, received in March :D)

2) What is the first book you can remember reading?

3) Is there a book you have re-read more than once?

katzankatz
11-06-2016, 12:46 AM
1. One sister gave me a book for my 20th birthday - something like Everything You Need to Know About Arthritis.
2. Charlotte's Web. I had to read it for school when I was in 3rd grade. I had never been required to read such a daunting volume, and I was not happy about it.
3. A couple years after being forced to read the above book, I decided to try it again on my own, and I loved it so much that I reread it several times.

1. Do you observe any especially meaningful Christians traditions?
2. Are there any holidays you don't really observe?
3. Do you have a favorite lip balm?

mina
11-06-2016, 12:51 AM

1) What is the worst gift you've ever gotten? (I'm answering this myself because it is so hilarious - a 3-pack of boxcutters as a Christmas gift, received in March :D)

2) What is the first book you can remember reading?

3) Is there a book you have re-read more than once?

1. My grandma once gave me a ceramic cat with a flower glued to it's head.
2. My mother was a teacher so she had a stack of Dick and Jane books that she had "made" for use in her classroom. (She had taken old books and cut out the individual stories and rebound each tale with brightly colored paper). It was a huge stack and I remember the day I put the stack on one side of me and read each story and restacked them on the other side of me after I read them. I was around 3.
3. Hundreds; I reread any book I like. People seem so surprised at that! I used to re-read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" each year , but have sort of fell out of the habit.

OOPs! sorry! I guess I posted at the same time as katz! I will answer her questions too!
1. Do you observe any especially meaningful Christians traditions?
2. Are there any holidays you don't really observe?
3. Do you have a favorite lip balm?

1. Not really anything specific; we just try to focus on being together. I guess we try to go to our church candlelight service each year.
2. I love holidays, so no.
3. I use one by the Savannah Bee Co. and I really love it! It's very smooth and smells good and feels good on your lips!

1. Have you ever won a contest on the radio?
2. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? (no fair saying nothing)
3. Is there a movie coming out that you are looking forward to seeing?

snooch
11-06-2016, 09:37 AM
1. Have you ever won a contest on the radio?

I won tickets to Woodstock '99 off the radio, which was probably the biggest contest I won, but I won several t-shirts, CDs, and movie tickets too. Oh, and another big one, I won a contest where I had to sing the next line of an Alan Jackson song, and then I got tickets to the show, a denim tour jacket, and a guitar, plus back stage passes to meet him. I had a work meeting that night and couldn't use the tickets, so I sent my friend and she brought all the goodies home for me. :D

2. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? (no fair saying nothing)

I would have gotten to know my father better before he passed away.

3. Is there a movie coming out that you are looking forward to seeing?

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. :)

1) Can you do a handstand or cartwheel?

2) How did you feel about gym class when you were in school?

3) Is there a TV show from your childhood that you still watch in re-runs today?

Ramura
11-06-2016, 11:22 AM
1. Not even close. I wish.
2. Loathed it. From my earliest ages, I always struggled and was the worst in the class. You'd think after my family started homeschooling maybe I'd get out of it. But no, the torture continued with a group of other homeschoolers.
3. I don't have cable, so I can't watch reruns. I've been thinking of getting the DVD sets for a few shows I watched though. "Diagnosis Murder" and "Scarecrow and Mrs. King." Funny thing is, I think those may have been reruns even when I was growing up.

1. What's your favorite type of weather?
2. How many pets do you have?
3. When do you start putting Christmas decorations up?

Christina
11-06-2016, 05:47 PM
1. What's your favorite type of weather?
65-75 degrees and partly sunny with a little breeze...

2. How many pets do you have?
6 Kitties :) Sir, Ma'am, Smudge (Mudgey), Mama Kitty, Squeaky, and Skittles

3. When do you start putting Christmas decorations up?
Meh...I don't have many and it takes so much work...so I don't usually put any up even though I want to.

1. Do you like pasta and if you do, what is your favorite?

2. What is the most inspirational sermon or message you have ever heard?

3. Which do you prefer: Hardwood floors, carpet, or tile?

katzankatz
11-06-2016, 05:49 PM
1. Weather like we're having today is nice. Upper 60s, sunny, no wind. Ideally, though,I prefer overcast to sunny.
2. Just the one dog.
3. I like to get it done thanksgiving weekend, but if it's too busy then it might have to wait a few days.

1. Do you remember your kindergarten teacher's name?
2. What kind of lunch do you usually eat?
3. What kind of pizza do you like?

snooch
11-06-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm answering both sets :D

1. Do you like pasta and if you do, what is your favorite?

I love pasta. Rigatoni with ricotta and tomato sauce is my favorite :)

2. What is the most inspirational sermon or message you have ever heard?

I have it saved, and I need to listen to it again actually. It was a message on being God's creation, and it talked about how he made us exactly the way we are, how our faults and our failings are not surprises to God, how God mentions fear and anxiety so many times in the Bible because he knows we're going to experience, he talks about harsh emotions like anger and hatred because he knows we're going to feel them, and we have to stop beating ourselves over the head with self-criticism for having these human failings. God makes us perfect, he teaches us how to deal with things, and he is going to work our perfection until completion. It's a process, one that we have to be patient with, and one that the church has to be patient with when its members experience these failings. It was said way better than that, and it really hit home with me.

3. Which do you prefer: Hardwood floors, carpet, or tile?

I like tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, and I really like carpet especially in bedrooms. I know it's become passe to have carpet in main living areas, but I like it. Knowing that for resale value it shouldn't be carpet, I prefer tile to hardwood.

1. Do you remember your kindergarten teacher's name?

I don't. I barely remember kindergarten. I remember being stood in the corner for not knowing how to use my scissors though.

2. What kind of lunch do you usually eat?

Usually something quick - a sandwich, a can of soup, or a frozen breakfast burrito or something like that.

3. What kind of pizza do you like?

My favorite is deep dish with onions and extra sauce. I always have to emphasize that because they assume I mean extra cheese, but no, lots of extra sauce. Yum.

1) How do you like your steak cooked?

2) What is your favorite side dish when you go out to eat at a restaurant?

3) What is your favorite dessert?

(Can you tell I'm hungry? :D)

BelovedDaughter
11-06-2016, 10:32 PM
1) How do you like your steak cooked?

2) What is your favorite side dish when you go out to eat at a restaurant?

3) What is your favorite dessert?

(Can you tell I'm hungry? :D)

-Medium/medium well, depending on where I get it.
-Loaded mashed potatoes
-Chocolate lava cake is one of them!

1.) What's your favorite dessert?
2.) Do you drink coffee or tea? If so, what do you put in it?
3.) Are you particular about grammar and spelling?

Virginia
11-06-2016, 11:13 PM
-Medium/medium well, depending on where I get it.
-Loaded mashed potatoes
-Chocolate lava cake is one of them!

1.) What's your favorite dessert?
2.) Do you drink coffee or tea? If so, what do you put in it?
3.) Are you particular about grammar and spelling?

1. Ummmm anything cheesecake related. Nom nom.
2. Coffee! And sometimes tea. But I love coffee with flavored creamers.
3. Yes. Very. I've loosened up over the years because I realize I can alienate people or make them feel paranoid about texting/emailing me. But geez, there are some really simple mistakes that people make that irk me :(

1. Favorite candy and why?
2. Favorite Bible verse and why?
3. Favorite genre of music and why?

BelovedDaughter
11-07-2016, 02:55 PM
1. Favorite candy and why?
2. Favorite Bible verse and why?
3. Favorite genre of music and why?

-Payday or Reeses anything! I love peanuts and peanut butter.

-Jeremiah 29:11-It lets me know there's a plan for me!

-Contemporary Christian because it inspires me and reminds me of Christ's love.

1.) What's your favorite candy and why?
2.) Favorite holiday and why?
3.) Do you like iced tea and if yes, sweet or not?

blythe_ann
11-07-2016, 03:24 PM
1.) What's your favorite candy and why?
Alter Eco Dark Velvet Chocolate. It's creamy, fair trade chocolate. What's not to love?
2.) Favorite holiday and why?
Almost all of them for different reasons. I really do love Christmas, though.
3.) Do you like iced tea and if yes, sweet or not?
I do. Not sweet, with lemon, though.

1. How long does it take to do your hair in the morning?
2. What is your relationship with makeup?
3. Is your purse always full or pretty empty?

katzankatz
11-07-2016, 03:32 PM
1. Chocolate! I always choose chocolate over anything else. It's interesting too, because there are so many different processes and artisans. I like to sample them all.
2. Thanksgiving. Because who is thankful enough? I like good food and seeing family. It ushers in the Christmas season.
3. It's not my favorite or anything, but I do like it, provided there is nothing sweet added to it. Can't stand sugar in tea, hot or iced.

1. Do you have a brand name product you always go to when you need that item, even if it's more expensive than another brand?
2. Have you been on horseback. If so, do you enjoy it?
3. Which is easier for you - a visit to the dentist, or a visit to the doctor?

katzankatz
11-07-2016, 03:34 PM
(How do I keep posting at the same time as someone else?)

Virginia
11-07-2016, 05:35 PM
1. Chocolate! I always choose chocolate over anything else. It's interesting too, because there are so many different processes and artisans. I like to sample them all.
2. Thanksgiving. Because who is thankful enough? I like good food and seeing family. It ushers in the Christmas season.
3. It's not my favorite or anything, but I do like it, provided there is nothing sweet added to it. Can't stand sugar in tea, hot or iced.

1. Do you have a brand name product you always go to when you need that item, even if it's more expensive than another brand?
2. Have you been on horseback. If so, do you enjoy it?
3. Which is easier for you - a visit to the dentist, or a visit to the doctor?

1. Um...does Starbucks count? Like, I will buy a $5.00 latte over a regular cup of coffee because I KNOW I love their lattes.
2. Yes, I have! I hated it...so much, haha. It was not as romantic as all my historical fiction books made it sound.
3. Dentist

1. What song describes your current mood?
2. Favorite candle scent?
3. One fictional character that is most like you?

Christina
11-07-2016, 10:26 PM
1. What song describes your current mood?
Fix You...or...I don't know, I can't describe my mood. How to Save a Life.

2. Favorite candle scent?
Apple Cinnamon

3. One fictional character that is most like you?
Oh goodness, this never occurred to me. I don't even really know what I'm like...never mind a fictional character that is like me lol...maybe Eeyore lol

1. Favorite movie quote?

2. Do you like romance novels/movies?

3. What is your favorite sound?

snooch
11-08-2016, 09:13 AM
1. How long does it take to do your hair in the morning?
2. What is your relationship with makeup?
3. Is your purse always full or pretty empty?

1) From getting out of the shower to hair being ready, I'd say 30 minutes. But that's deceptive, because I have to give my hair time to rest when I'm out of the shower before I start blow drying it, or it'll turn into mega-frizz. So I take 15 minutes to do other stuff - cool off, brush my teeth, load the dishwasher, whatever - and then start drying my hair, and it's usually styled and ready 15 minutes from that.

2) I used to like makeup and wore it every day or anytime I was going out. I didn't bother if I was staying in for the day. When I met my husband, he preferred the natural look and always told me I was beautiful without makeup. I stopped wearing it for his preference, and now I don't wear it for my preference. I definitely think I look better wearing it, but it's so much easier not to, and I feel more natural without it.

3) My purse is always full. Too full! And I can never find anything I think is able to be left out, either - it's all necessities :D

1. Favorite movie quote?

2. Do you like romance novels/movies?

3. What is your favorite sound?

1) This is a hard one. It has to be one from Steel Magnolias though. Probably, "He's so confused he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt!" :D

2) I love romance movies. I like some novels with a romance element to them, but I'm not into the Harlequin Romance kind of books.

3) My favorite sound is the little snorfles the dog makes when she's contentedly snuggled up in my arms. <3

1) What color are your eyes?

2) How do you like your eggs cooked?

3) Are you allergic to anything?

blythe_ann
11-08-2016, 11:12 AM
1. Green
2. Pretty much any way. I like eggs.
3. Chlorine. So, city water, pools, etc. It sucks.

1. Favorite song ever?
2. Guilty pleasure TV show?
3. How you are going to celebrate that the election is over after today (if you are in the US)? If not US, are you excited that the election is over in the US?

mina
11-08-2016, 01:25 PM
1. Favorite song ever?
2. Guilty pleasure TV show?
3. How you are going to celebrate that the election is over after today (if you are in the US)? If not US, are you excited that the election is over in the US?

1. Maybe, Dancing Queen by ABBA; it's fun and always makes me want to dance.
2. 90 day fiance; don't judge!
3. Eh, I think tomorrow is a sad day for the US either way; I'm not optimistic with either outcome. I don't think I'll be celebrating anything. I'll be praying harder, I guess.

1. If you found $100 what would you do with it?
2. Are you a strict denominationalist- like if you are Baptist; you must always go to a Baptist church, or if you go on vacation and try to find a church while you are away, it has to be a certain denomination or you won't go?
3. What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner?

Christina
11-08-2016, 06:50 PM
1. If you found $100 what would you do with it?
I would try to find the owner. If after a while the owner wasn't found, I'd probably keep it...tithe on it, then put it in savings. Or I might buy a DNA test lol

2. Are you a strict denominationalist- like if you are Baptist; you must always go to a Baptist church, or if you go on vacation and try to find a church while you are away, it has to be a certain denomination or you won't go?
Lol I used to be...but I'm not at all. I have been super super strict, then I moved to a Baptist church, then I left and went to an Assembly of God, then I left that and went to a Foursquare. If we move away, we'll look for a non-denominational or just...a good church.

3. What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner?
I'm not quite sure yet but I usually make a couple of pies...apple and cherry cheese pie usually.

1. What's the first thing you do when you're stressed?

2. Do you think guys and girls can be just friends?

3. Are you a sweet tooth or not?

snooch
11-08-2016, 09:46 PM
1. What's the first thing you do when you're stressed?

2. Do you think guys and girls can be just friends?

3. Are you a sweet tooth or not?

1) Make lists. Organize. Break down into smaller, more manageable pieces.

2) I definitely do. I have so many guy friends that were never anything but.

3) Occasionally, but I think I am more a savory tooth. :D

1) Do you know how to draw well?

2) Is there a poem you have memorized?

3) Would you rather get flowers, a card, or candy from someone special on a big occasion?

mina
11-08-2016, 09:57 PM
1)

1) Do you know how to draw well?

2) Is there a poem you have memorized?

3) Would you rather get flowers, a card, or candy from someone special on a big occasion?

1. I like to draw. I'm probably better than average.
2. My high school english teacher had us memorize "Annabel Lee", "Sonnet 116" and MacBeth's soliloquy , "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...." I still remember them!
3. Flowers

1. Who did you vote for? (JUST KIDDING!!!! ;) ) Have you ever played an awesome prank on someone? what was it?
2. What was your favorite academic class in high school?
3. What is a movie from your childhood or youth that you LOVE and could watch a million times?

katzankatz
11-08-2016, 11:53 PM
1. Who did you vote for? (JUST KIDDING!!!! ) Have you ever played an awesome prank on someone? what was it?
2. What was your favorite academic class in high school?
3. What is a movie from your childhood or youth that you LOVE and could watch a million times?

1. The only prank that comes to mind was in high school when our teacher was late arrive to class, so about half of us thought it would be hilarious to hide from her. So we went and hung out in the auditorium. It was NOT the awesome prank we thought it was, she was mad, and we all got demerits.
2. Geometry. Finally,a math discipline that I understood and got great grades in.
3. Rudolph, the Christmas tv special

1. What's one thing you like about getting older?
2. What's one thing you miss about childhood?
3. Do you have a lot of cousins? Do you know them all personally?

DIANAC
11-09-2016, 01:13 AM

1. It's a very good question. With age you understand things better. Personal experiences and things observed, if understood properly are very helpful.
2. My family: my Mama, My Father and my Grandma.
3. Yes. And yes, I do know them very well.

1. Who is your favorite preacher?
2. Do you have 24/7 friend, Someone you can call at anytime of day?
3. What is your very earliest memory?

Christina
11-09-2016, 01:29 AM
I like gaining wisdom and experience. I like that I'm learning to be more assertive without being rude or obnoxious. I like that I am learning to be more perceptive and wise about situations. I can't wait to get even older and learn more and become wiser. Not for gloating purposes, but so that I make better choices lol

Well, I had a pretty bad childhood...but had I had a good childhood...I would miss being able to just be whatever I wanted to...where if I cried, it was ok to need and request acknowledgement and affection and comforting...where if I performed, people watched and listened...where I could run around and do silly things and no one cared...

I have met most of my cousins but am not close with them. I have 5 first cousins on my mom's side, and I know of 3 from my father's brother that I have met, and his sister, who I have not seen since I was 5, has I think 3 that I have not met obviously. And then I have a TON of second cousins. A ton of them. Absolutely no clue how many and I have met some but don't know them personally.

1. Do you like cats?

2. Are you worried about dying?

3. What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

Christina
11-09-2016, 01:31 AM
Whoops...posted in response to Katz...sorry...lol will respond to you Diana as well.

1. Who is your favorite preacher?
I don't really have one. I find preaching hard to listen to but I do love my pastor.

2. Do you have 24/7 friend, Someone you can call at anytime of day?
I absolutely do. Unfortunately she moved to Missouri a couple years ago :( I miss her so much. But I can call her on Skype and stuff. She is ALWAYS there for me. Love her to death.

3. What is your very earliest memory?
Very earliest memory is from when we moved in to our first real home back when I was like 2 and a half. We had been living in a trailer, and we moved to a ranch home, the home I grew up in. It was like a mansion to me! I remember running around like crazy, enjoying the space...it was fun...

Re-asking my questions lol

1. Do you like cats?

2. Are you worried about dying?

3. What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

Ramura
11-09-2016, 01:46 AM
1. Yes, I do. I'm more of a dog person, but I like both.
2. Yes. It's not something I think about often, but when I do, yes. Both for myself and for the potential fallout for my loved ones.
3. Chocolate brownie.

1. What's your favorite cuisine (Italian, Mexican, Mediterranean etc)?
2. Do you like getting manicures/pedicures?
3. What was your wedding dress like? Or, if you've never been married, describe your dream wedding dress?

snooch
11-09-2016, 09:17 AM
1. What's your favorite cuisine (Italian, Mexican, Mediterranean etc)?
2. Do you like getting manicures/pedicures?
3. What was your wedding dress like? Or, if you've never been married, describe your dream wedding dress?

1) Italian. It's what I grew up on, and I love me some pasta. :P

2) I hate it. I hate people messing with my toes. I hate the scraping and the tickling and I hate them working on my cuticles.

3) Because of my dad's health, we decided on Monday to get married on Saturday (and I got the flu on Wednesday!). It was right after Christmas, so Christmas dresses were still on sale at the department stores. I was able to find an off-white dress on sale at Hechts (RIP Hechts, I loved that store) and even some off-white shoes to match. It was very simple, just a sheath with a jacket over top.

1) Have you ever been out of your home country?

2) Where would you go on vacation if I handed you $5000 right now?

3) What is your favorite adult beverage?

Christina
11-09-2016, 12:26 PM
1) Have you ever been out of your home country?
Yes, 5 times...once to Canada, and 4 times to Australia. Lucky, I know lol

2) Where would you go on vacation if I handed you $5000 right now?
I'd go visit my dad and adoptive family there for probably a month lol get out of here and not have to deal with my own family for the holidays...

3) What is your favorite adult beverage?
"Adult" lol does that mean alcoholic? In which case the answer so far is either Sex on the Beach or Kahlua (usually in milk but also in hot cocoa). I also like Bailey's in a mixed drink but haven't had much of anything so this is all I know.

1. Do you like breakfast foods?

2. What is your favorite healthy food?

3. Do you like the color pink?

katzankatz
11-09-2016, 03:22 PM
1. Generally, yes. I do prefer to eat them at actual breakfast time though.
2. A good salad. Life is too short to eat boring salads. Panera has some good ones, and sometimes i make my own.
3. I do like pink. My favorite is blue, but I think pink is close behind.

1. What's something coming up that you're looking forward to?
2. What are you wearing right now?
3. What's something positive you can share that isn't election related? (Don't know about you, but the election stuff is getting to be too much)

BelovedDaughter
11-09-2016, 03:52 PM
1. What's something coming up that you're looking forward to?
2. What are you wearing right now?
3. What's something positive you can share that isn't election related? (Don't know about you, but the election stuff is getting to be too much)

-My birthday in a couple weeks!
-Yellow tshirt and blue jeans.
-My friend's baby, who has spina bifida, got to go home yesterday!

1.) Do you have a favorite candy? What is it?
2.) What are you wearing right now?
3.) What style is your hair right now?

DIANAC
11-09-2016, 05:24 PM
1.) Do you have a favorite candy? What is it?
2.) What are you wearing right now?
3.) What style is your hair right now?

I don't have a favorite candy. But if I did it would be a caramel or a fudge candy.
Long jean skirt and brown top.
Messy! I was working on the removed tree stump :) Once I brush it, it's short in the back, longer in the front and side parted.

Ouch! I forgot the rule!
1. What was a huge development in technology during your life time? (Just an example. In my life time one of many huge developments was television technology)
2. What was the name of your favorite doll (or stuffed animal) when you were a little girl?
3. What is one food that you love and everybody thinks it's very strange? (Don't include pregnancy cravings)

katzankatz
11-10-2016, 01:13 AM
1. What was a huge development in technology during your life time? (Just an example. In my life time one of many huge developments was television technology)
2. What was the name of your favorite doll (or stuffed animal) when you were a little girl?
3. What is one food that you love and everybody thinks it's very strange? (Don't include pregnancy cravings)

1. The internet. When I was little I used to imagine that some day there would be these huge computers that knew everything. You'd be able to ask the machine any question and the machine would tell you the answer. Google really isn't too far off from that dream.
2. I had a baby doll named Stacy. Also had lots of stuffed animals, my favorites being a stuffed bulldog and a rabbit that had real rabbit fur on it. The dog, I don't remember the name, but the rabbit was named Rabbie. Real creative, I know.
3. I haven't eaten this in a long time but I used to like cooking and eating the heart and gizzards that were in the giblet bag when you'd cook a turkey or chicken.

1. Did you have a crush on someone when you were a teenager?
2. What's a nearby town that you like to visit? What's special about it?
3. Did you ever cut your own hair? What was the result?

snooch
11-10-2016, 09:12 AM
1. Did you have a crush on someone when you were a teenager?
2. What's a nearby town that you like to visit? What's special about it?
3. Did you ever cut your own hair? What was the result?

1) I had a crush on Paul Michael Glaser from Starsky and Hutch. :D And a real life person, I had a crush on a boy in my class named Wally, and a kid in our neighborhood named Cliff.

2) I'd like to go to Fort Worth. It's about 35 miles away and it seems like a place I have to go since I live here now.

3) I did - it was not pretty. I cut my bangs as a kid and they were barely below my hairline, and I tried to cut layers in my hair which ended up a choppy disaster. :D

1) Have you ever ridden an animal besides a horse?

2) What was the first concert you ever attended?

3) Who is your favorite stand-up comedian?

Christina
11-10-2016, 12:37 PM
1) Have you ever ridden an animal besides a horse?
Yes...I've ridden a camel before (at a fair). I also attempted to ride my goats when I was a kid because I was so desperate to ride horses lol later on I did get horses and learned to ride.

2) What was the first concert you ever attended?
Hillsong back a few years ago. And it was amazing. I absolutely loved it. Great first experience!

3) Who is your favorite stand-up comedian?
Tim Hawkins. Some people don't get him. But I do. Some of his stuff is ridiculous but some of it is SO FUNNY.

1. Do you like where you live?

2. What is your favorite book besides the Bible?

3. Do you have a particular style you like more or are you just kind of "whatever"?

BelovedDaughter
11-10-2016, 04:05 PM
1. Do you like where you live?

2. What is your favorite book besides the Bible?

3. Do you have a particular style you like more or are you just kind of "whatever"?

-Yes, I do!
-Redeeming Love
-I'm a jeans and tshirt gal.

1.) What do you usually do for Thanksgiving?
2.) What do you usually do for Christmas?
3.) Is there a gift you really want for Christmas?

blythe_ann
11-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Before my answers, ETA: Christina, I really like TIm Hawkins, too. My favorite comedic moment to date is him describing an autograph signing after a gig where he panicked and signed them all with a random Psalm... have you seen that? I can't remember the verse but it had something to do with a painful disease in the loins, lol.

1. I cook the whole Thanksgiving deal, with a twist (we have a lot of allergies, so I make it gluten/dairy/soy/nut free and low sodium and sugar). We have whatever family decides to come (this year my parents) and we invite any bachelors we know that need a place to eat. A couple of years ago we invited Japanese men who had never had turkey before!
2. Christmas we try to hunker down and just spend time together. Our anniversary is two days before so we like to stay home when we can. This year is our son's first Christmas so we'll see what new traditions we start with him.
3. 10 pound weights. Silly, I know.

--

1. Do you play a musical instrument (repeat, don't care!)?
2. Do you eat raw cookie dough?
3. Have you ever done something you were scared of and then couldn't get enough of it afterwards? (example: going down the big slide at the waterpark, etc.)

snooch
11-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Blythe I absolutely LOVE what you do on Thanksgiving, inviting people who need a place to spend the holiday! What an awesome tradition!

1. Do you play a musical instrument (repeat, don't care!)?

I play guitar and I used to play piano - but I was never all that adept at piano.

2. Do you eat raw cookie dough?

I don't anymore.... but man, I wish I could. And I used to! :D

3. Have you ever done something you were scared of and then couldn't get enough of it afterwards? (example: going down the big slide at the waterpark, etc.)

Karaoke. I was terrified to sing in front of people, and I went with my friends for a very long time before I got up the nerve to do so the first time. But when I did, I became addicted to it :)

1) What is your favorite website that you visit frequently, OTHER than Facebook and CG? :D

2) Spiders - kill with fire, or catch and release?

3) Do you go to the dentist as regularly as you should?

Ramura
11-10-2016, 11:00 PM
1. I like Christianity Today, and I often go to Yahoo's newsfeed and scroll through for any interesting/important news updates.
2. Catch and release. I'm a sensitive soul. :)
3. No. Haven't been in about five years. Pure laziness, no other excuse. I do intend to go soon though.

1. Do you know your typing speed? If so, what is it?
2. Are you a night owl or an early riser?
3. What is your favorite genre of movies?

katzankatz
11-11-2016, 02:09 PM
1. I don't know my typing speed. I have the habit of needing to look at my hands as I type. I'm sure this slows me down.
2. Definitely tend toward being a night owl, though I am starting to appreciate mornings too. It's a good time to do my bible reading and getting some physical exercise.
3. I'm kind of choosey about movies. I watch whatever captures my interest, really. It's probably easier to say which genres I do not like. I don't like typical action movies or scifi.

1. What do you really WANT to do today?
2. Repeat question: is there some positive news that makes you happy that you can share today?
3. How is the weather where you are?

Christina
11-11-2016, 10:43 PM
1. What do you really WANT to do today?
Well today is almost over, so what I wanted to do today was lounge at home and play a game. But I had a website appointment, then filled out paperwork ALL DAY LONG for listing our house on the MLS. What a pain if you are doing it yourself lol.

2. Repeat question: is there some positive news that makes you happy that you can share today?
Absolutely :) We are going to my dad's to surprise him over Christmas for a whole week and we thought we would have to pay for a house for the week but it turns out my dad's father-in-law has a room we can stay in. It even has the proper sized bed. That's a problem with us lol we need at least a queen because of Ken's size. So now we will save a lot of money that way and have enough to relax.

3. How is the weather where you are?
It's been unseasonably warm (40s and 50s) but today was 40s and bitter strong winds so it felt really cold. Doing ok with it so far.

1. What is one inspirational song you'd like to share with the world today?

2. Do you like physical affection or not?

3. Are you one to have a lot of friends or do you just have a select few?

snooch
11-12-2016, 09:48 AM
1. What is one inspirational song you'd like to share with the world today?

He's Got the Whole World In His Hands

2. Do you like physical affection or not?

Depends from whom. From my husband, yes, and we touch and cuddle and kiss and hold hands all the time. A hello or goodbye quick hug with a close friend is okay. But otherwise, I don't like the grab-and-squeeze-and-don't-let-go hugs from anyone else.

3. Are you one to have a lot of friends or do you just have a select few?

A select few, and usually just one or two that are really special friends.

1) What is your can't-miss TV show right now?

2) Do you like bowling? And are you any good at it?

3) Do you wear a lot of accessories as part of your personal style?

mina
11-12-2016, 11:47 AM
1) What is your can't-miss TV show right now?

2) Do you like bowling? And are you any good at it?

3) Do you wear a lot of accessories as part of your personal style?

1. Poldark and The Durells of Corfu
2. I do actually. I'm okay; I probably don't do it enough to get better at it!
3. I like statement necklaces but haven't worn them much with Violet trying to grab them and bite them. I do wear mom teething necklaces bc they are cute and Violet can actually grab and bite them.

1. What is your favorite fruit?
2. What is a really weird habit of yours?
3. What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?

Christina
11-12-2016, 10:58 PM
1. What is your favorite fruit?
I'd have to go with blueberries...

2. What is a really weird habit of yours?
Hmmmm that's hard. Well, I don't think my bare feet ever touch a floor with exception to the bath mat after getting out of the shower. I don't know why, but they are so super sensitive. But that's not really a habit. Ummm...I always sit in my chair cross-legged. I know. It's bad. But it is much more comfortable for me. Sitting normally hurts after about 5 minutes. As does standing normally.

3. What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas :(

1. What's one really strange food you like?

2. Did you have any accident or health issue as a child that stands out in your memory?

3. Do you like/have any stuffed animals?

Jesus-is-the-1
11-13-2016, 01:19 PM
1. What's one really strange food you like?

2. Did you have any accident or health issue as a child that stands out in your memory?

3. Do you like/have any stuffed animals?

1. Hmmm...I'm a pretty picky eater so I'm not sure but everytime I eat dill pickles and cottage cheese together my friends crack up so maybe it's strange? lol

2. I had a bad car accident when I was 16 that'll always stay in my memory. A guy pulled right out in front of me and I t-boned his van. My younger sister (12 years old) was with me and we both were flung through the windshield. We were not wearing seatbelts (have everyday since then) and God was really protecting us because we both walked away with just lots of cuts and bruises but no stitches or broken bones. It was amazing. I didn't really know God then so I didn't give Him the credit until many years later. A doctor actually drove by right after the accident and didn't stop because he was on his way to the hospital for his shift in the ER and said he was going to get prepared to treat very serious injuries. He couldn't believe his eyes when we arrived. Crazy side note..when we called 911 three times, it was busy all three times!

3. I actually do like some stuffed animals. I think I have 3 special ones now. One is a purple bunny my aunt got me around 10 years ago and I often sleep with it. I also have a brown bear that sits on my shelf and wears a purple dress that says "Special Daughter." My mom gave it to me a few years ago. Lastly, I have a little brown bear that's wearing a cap and gown that I was given when I graduated college. I have some other bears and snoopy stuffed animals that don't really mean anything special except they are cute. My boyfriends kids like to cuddle with them.

1. What is one book that you can read multiple times without getting tired of it (excluding the Bible)?

2. What is your favorite movie theater snack?

3. What is your favorite outdoor activity?

Christina
11-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Yikes, that is a crazy accident! I don't know how you guys survived that so well. That is amazing. I didn't know 911 could get busy lol...

1. What is one book that you can read multiple times without getting tired of it (excluding the Bible)?
Any of the Little House on the Prairie books...love that series!

2. What is your favorite movie theater snack?
Anything chocolate...mmmm but I really like Peanut m&ms there.

3. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Horseback riding. I don't love being outdoors that much as far as activities go...but I absolutely love horseback riding. I'm not the best at it but I have fun. I haven't done that in years now.

1. Do you like cereal and milk?

2. What is your guilty pleasure food?

3. Do you like sharing a bed (if you have or ever have had a partner) or do you like having the bed to yourself?

katzankatz
11-13-2016, 02:30 PM
1. I still read through the Chronicles of Narnia every few years.
2. I always get the kids snack pack. It comes with a mini popcorn, a mini soda (I always get cherry coke. It's the only time I drink cherry coke), and I always upgrade the fruit snacks to peanut m&ms.
3. Anything to do with Lake Michigan. Swimming in it, walking on a beach, collecting rocks and glass and fossils. I even like going there for a walk in the dead of winter and it's freezing cold out.

1. If you're given $1000 to give to a charity, where would you give it?
2. When you were little did you go visit relatives at holidays, or did they come to you, or ???
3. What you you usually do on Sunday afternoon?

Ramura
11-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Christina's questions:
1. Do you like cereal and milk? Yes, though I haven't had any in a long time!
2. What is your guilty pleasure food? Almost anything chocolate. I love milkshakes!
3. Do you like sharing a bed (if you have or ever have had a partner) or do you like having the bed to yourself? I like it, though I haven't done it for any extended period of time. Maybe I'd get tired of it.

Katz's questions:
1. If you're given $1000 to give to a charity, where would you give it? Probably World Vision or Compassion. Maybe Mission Waco, a local organization that does a lot of good in my area.
2. When you were little did you go visit relatives at holidays, or did they come to you, or ??? I was fortunate to have all of my close relatives (grandparents, aunts and uncles) live within an hour's drive. We alternated who's house we went to each year.
3. What do you usually do on Sunday afternoon? Homework or watch TV.

1. What's your favorite animal?
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
3. What did you want to name your kids when you were a kid (I know this changes all the time, so just share your favorite or most funny picks)?

snooch
11-13-2016, 05:36 PM
1. What's your favorite animal?

Dogs. I love dogs. :D

2. What's your favorite kind of cake?

Does cheesecake count?? Otherwise, I really like lemon cake.

3. What did you want to name your kids when you were a kid (I know this changes all the time, so just share your favorite or most funny picks)?

Funny, I never wanted kids, but I used to give them names in a hypothetical. The serious ones were Michael and Kathryn, and the funny one was Billy Bob Jack (I didn't have a funny girl's name :P)

1) Do you have a favorite sports team or athlete?

2) What is the worst smell in the world?

3) Do you do most of your browsing on a desktop/laptop, phone, or tablet?

katzankatz
11-14-2016, 12:19 AM
1. My favorite team is the Green Bay Packers. And wow, are they stinking this season!
2. Vomit. I even hate that word.
3. I mostly use my kindle fire.

1. What's a word that you hate the sound of?
2. Favorite hair care product?
3. What store do you shop at most often?

BelovedDaughter
11-14-2016, 11:42 AM
1. What's a word that you hate the sound of?
2. Favorite hair care product?
3. What store do you shop at most often?

-A certain name for a male body part.

-I only use shampoo, so I guess my coconut shampoo right now!

-Hy-Vee (grocery store)

1.) If you go to Starbucks, what's your favorite drink there? If not, what's your favorite drink at any other coffee place?

2.) What are your Thanksgiving plans?

3.) What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

snooch
11-14-2016, 12:08 PM
1.) If you go to Starbucks, what's your favorite drink there? If not, what's your favorite drink at any other coffee place?

2.) What are your Thanksgiving plans?

3.) What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

1) For hot drinks, I love mochas - venti, no whip, double (or triple) espresso :) For cold drinks, caramel or s'mores fraps!

2) We are having our first Thanksgiving in our new home. Last year we traveled to see family in Missouri, so we're looking forward to cooking together and enjoying our holiday together at home.

3) Probably my garlic mashed potatoes. They are so, so good.

1) What nationality of food is your favorite?

2) What nationality of food can you not tolerate?

3) What reality TV shows do you enjoy / hate?

blythe_ann
11-16-2016, 01:14 PM
1) What nationality of food is your favorite?
If quantity consumed proves anything, it would be Mexican.
2) What nationality of food can you not tolerate?
I love something from every nationality I've tried so far, but I'm vegetarian, so anywhere that has only meat options would be not good for me.
3) What reality TV shows do you enjoy / hate?
Enjoy-- almost anything cooking related Hate-- almost anything dating related.

1. What are you listening to right now?
2. Something you are really proud of?
3. Do you verbally tell people you are a Christian often or do you hope your life "lives out your faith"? (No judgment either way, I'm just genuinely curious!)

BelovedDaughter
11-17-2016, 12:14 AM
1. What are you listening to right now?
2. Something you are really proud of?
3. Do you verbally tell people you are a Christian often or do you hope your life "lives out your faith"? (No judgment either way, I'm just genuinely curious!)

-"Mean to Me" by Brett Eldredge
-My baby girl!
-I don't normally tell people but they usually can tell.

1.) Do you like popcorn? If so, plain, buttered, kettle, etc.?
2.) What's your favorite cereal?
3.) If you eat eggs, how do you prefer them?

snooch
11-17-2016, 09:23 AM
1.) Do you like popcorn? If so, plain, buttered, kettle, etc.?

I do, generally buttered, but I like the specialty popcorn you get at holidays too, like caramel and powdered cheese. Popcorn can be a migraine trigger for me so I don't eat it often.

2.) What's your favorite cereal?

Used to be Corn Pops, but recently it's been Reeces Puffs. Again, I can't eat it often. :D

3.) If you eat eggs, how do you prefer them?

Fried, over easy.

1) Repeat question, do you verbally tell people you are a Christian often or do you hope your life "lives out your faith"? (No judgment either way, I'm just genuinely curious!)

2) Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament?

3) Is the Elf on a Shelf the creepiest thing you've ever seen?? Or is it a charming tradition?

Ramura
11-17-2016, 10:06 AM
1. In the past, I've never announced it out of the blue, but people usually figured it out or it would come up in conversation sooner or later. I was very involved in church up until I moved a year ago, so for anyone I conversed with on a regular basis, they were bound to figure it out. Now I'm not really religiously involved at the moment, but I do go to a Christian university, so it's probably assumed.
2. I have one that's a seal with a wreath around it's neck. Seals were my favorite animal and I've had it since I was very young, so I guess I would consider that one my favorite.
3. Lol, neither. I derive great amusement from everyone else's strong opinions of Elf on a Shelf because I really don't care about it!

1. Do you wish you lived in a bigger house, a smaller house or do you like your living space as it is?
2. How do you like to wear your hair? Long, short, curly, straight, up, down etc.
3. On men: do you prefer facial hair or clean shaven?

BelovedDaughter
11-17-2016, 10:36 AM
1. Do you wish you lived in a bigger house, a smaller house or do you like your living space as it is?
2. How do you like to wear your hair? Long, short, curly, straight, up, down etc.
3. On men: do you prefer facial hair or clean shaven?

-I would like a bigger house since we really need more space, but this house is okay.

-Short and straight is how it is, and since it won't hold a curl, that's how it always is.

-It depends. Hubby looks better with his beard.

1.) What is a movie you could watch over and over?
2.) What is a movie/show you can't stand?
3.) What is the weather like where you are?

katzankatz
11-18-2016, 01:02 AM
1. Planes Trains and Automobiles
2..The Exorcist
3. Today warm and breezy. Tomorrow - cold like it usually is in November.

1. What's the longest road trip you've been on? Where did you go?
2. What's your favorite restaurant? What do you like to eat there
3. Which weather do you tolerate better: really hot, or really cold?

Christina
11-18-2016, 01:22 AM
1. What's the longest road trip you've been on? Where did you go?
Well, I can't say I've really been on any real "road trip" but probably the longest trip on the road has been to Ohio, about a 12 hour drive each way, to visit my adoptive family. We go a couple times a year. In fact we'll be heading out there for the whole week of Christmas. But only one of them knows it so it is mostly a surprise!!

2. What's your favorite restaurant? What do you like to eat there?
Golden Corral!! When the food is really good there, and most of the time it is, I just love to eat whatever...anything and everything lol. Their desserts are the most fun part.

3. Which weather do you tolerate better: really hot, or really cold?
Really hot. Although I get a bit faint in hot weather, cold weather makes me feel sick and in pain quite often so I'd rather deal with the heat for sure! With the heat at least I can cool down. With the cold I cannot warm up most times.

1. Are you a morning person or night owl?

2. What does your morning routine look like?

3. When traveling, do you prefer to stay in a hotel or with friends/family?

Jesus-is-the-1
11-18-2016, 07:27 AM
1. Are you a morning person or night owl?

2. What does your morning routine look like?

3. When traveling, do you prefer to stay in a hotel or with friends/family?

1. Morning person! I've never been a night owl. I don't think my parents ever had to tell me to go to bed. Lol

2. During the week, I wake up about 6:30 and shower and get ready for work. I usually grab a quick breakfast (fruit or granola bar) to eat in the car. I leave at 8:10 to be at work at 8:30.

3. Mostly I prefer to stay in a hotel. I have horrible sleep habits (wake up a lot and get up throughout the night) so I like to stay somewhere that I won't disturb anyone. If a friend or family has plenty of space then sometimes I don't mind staying there.

1. Repeat question...what is your favorite restaurant?

2. Do you attend church regularly? If yes, how involved are you?

3. Do you have any pets?

snooch
11-18-2016, 09:18 AM
1. Repeat question...what is your favorite restaurant?

2. Do you attend church regularly? If yes, how involved are you?

3. Do you have any pets?

1) While I, too, love Golden Corral, mainly for the banana pudding :D, I think my favorite restaurant is probably Texas Roadhouse. The food there is always so, so good.

2) We are mostly regular church goers. I'd say we miss one Sunday a month for one reason or another, but we like our church and enjoy the services. We're trying to get more involved. We're leading a small group Bible study, and I track people who are sick, lost loved ones, or have other things going on and send cards of encouragement and prayer about once a month.

3) With the exception of one year, after our dog died unexpectedly, I've had a dog since I was 21 years old. I love dogs. :)

1) Do you keep the TV on all day whether you're watching it or not, or do you turn it on only for viewing specific shows?

2) What app on your phone do you use most often?

3) I think this is a repeat question, but have you met any celebrities?

Christina
11-18-2016, 04:05 PM
1) Do you keep the TV on all day whether you're watching it or not, or do you turn it on only for viewing specific shows?
Well, we don't even have a TV subscription, it is too costly, and I mostly dislike TV so it is not on much. We do have Hulu and Netflix so we will turn those on from time to time. But most of the time I watch them in the comfort of my office at my computer lol

2) What app on your phone do you use most often?
Facebook hands down. But other than that I probably use Viber the most.

3) I think this is a repeat question, but have you met any celebrities?
Not that I'm aware of...I can't figure out whether I'd like to or not!

1. Do you like your height?

2. Do you have any allergies?

3. Do you like to shop on Amazon?

Ramura
11-18-2016, 06:43 PM
1. Most of the time. I'm 5'8", so a bit tall for a lady. Sometimes I wish I could wear heels. I have a pair of super cute 3 inch heels that I got for a very specific event and have never really worn them since. I should just give them away so they could actually be worn in all their glory, but I just can't bring myself to part with them. Lol, it's a bit ridiculous. So that's the only time I don't really like my height, but then I remind myself that heels are super bad for your feet and spine, and I feel better. And besides that one limitation, I do like my height and build; it's very functional for a lazy person who doesn't like to have to get a stool to reach the high shelves.
2. Nope, and I am very aware of and incredibly grateful for my luck in that department.
3. Love it! I do it too much, lol. I'd really love to support local and small businesses more than I do, plus I've heard bad things about how Amazon runs their warehouses. But I'm lazy and it's just so convenient.

Man, my laziness came up twice in one post on two separate topics. That should probably be a red flag to me. :D

1. What's your most favorite volunteer work that you've done?
2. Say you were given a week off and unlimited funds to go anywhere in the world to do any kind of charitable work. What would you do and why?
3. How do you prefer to read: hard copies (books, printouts, etc) or on an electronic device (tablet, Kindle, etc)?

snooch
11-18-2016, 08:05 PM
1. What's your most favorite volunteer work that you've done?
2. Say you were given a week off and unlimited funds to go anywhere in the world to do any kind of charitable work. What would you do and why?
3. How do you prefer to read: hard copies (books, printouts, etc) or on an electronic device (tablet, Kindle, etc)?

1) We brought karaoke to a nursing home. My husband brought his equipment and we printed out big print versions of the lyrics in case people couldn't see the screen, and we sang classics and old hymns that people of that generation would know. Some people didn't want to sing at first, but we mingled among them and got them singing, and it was really great. It lifted their spirits like sometimes only music can do. :)

2) I think I would go to Africa to rural areas that have literally nothing and have never heard the gospels and I would do everything I could to give them something. Build aqueducts (unlimited funds, right??) and schools and churches. With unlimited funds, I'd do everything I could while I was there.

3) Hard copies - books all the way. I love the smell, I love the feel, I love to hold a book in my hand.

1) Do you have a favorite comic strip or animated show/cartoon from your childhood?

2) How do you feel about designer products?

3) What is your favorite item of clothing?

Christina
11-18-2016, 10:29 PM
1) Do you have a favorite comic strip or animated show/cartoon from your childhood?
Never watched cartoons or had comic books or anything as a kid but I absolutely love Tom and Jerry, and Peanuts.

2) How do you feel about designer products?
Overpriced and unethical for the most part. People paying in the thousands for one kind of shoe or piece of clothing is kind of wasteful in my opinion. I would rather spend $20 on a pair of jeans and have more to give than spend $1000 or even $100 for that matter and have nothing to give. But that is me. I undersatnd it's an industry and that is how these people make their money and it is their passion to design clothes but I don't feel it's necessary. In fact, I'm kind of annoyed at seeing all the clothing design talk of the current First Lady and the up and coming First Lady. They nitpick everything, and I hate how they say "she wore this by so and so". I don't care what she wore really as long as she is wearing something!

3) What is your favorite item of clothing?
Admittedly...my yoga pants. They look like dress pants because of how they are designed so I can wear them out and about and no one knows. unfortunately they both have a tiny hole starting on one of the legs. Yes I have two of the same pairs. My body just does not fit jeans well mostly because of my back shape and partly because I am in between a 12 and a 14 in size. Maybe if I paid $100 for jeans I'd think differently :P lol

1. Do you like water or do you prefer to get your fluid intake some other way?

2. Do you like to get massages and that sort of thing?

3. What was one of your favorite childhood songs?

katzankatz
11-19-2016, 03:30 AM
1. It's the only thing I like to drink when I'm thirsty. It's my favorite beverage in general.
2. I've never thought massages were all that super special. I kind of find it an invasion of personal space, and the oils just feel greasy and gross. So, yeah, that's what I think :b
3. Oh, so many! The first one that came to mind was the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Kind of a heavy song for one so young :) It was just so haunting and mysterious and sad. I always had a fascination for the great lakes and that song contributed a great deal to my curiosity about them.

1. What do you do when you can't fall sleep?
2. What's something you wanted really bad when you were little, and you never got?
3. What's a situation that makes you anxious?

Christina
11-19-2016, 02:03 PM
1. What do you do when you can't fall sleep?
I listen to music...get up and stretch...play games or read on my phone if I REALLY can't sleep after laying there for hours. For whatever reason when I play on my phone I start to fall asleep.

2. What's something you wanted really bad when you were little, and you never got?
A horse ranch lol I wanted to have a horse ranch so all the poor people could ride horses.

3. What's a situation that makes you anxious?
Having to call people I don't know, for any reason, and having to answer the phone when I don't recognize the number. That and having to be around my inlaws for holidays.

1. What's your favorite holiday food?

2. What's the best Christmas present you ever got?

3. Are you looking forward to the holidays this year? (yep I'm on a holiday thought train lol)

snooch
11-19-2016, 06:01 PM
1. What's your favorite holiday food?

2. What's the best Christmas present you ever got?

3. Are you looking forward to the holidays this year? (yep I'm on a holiday thought train lol)

1) Gravy. We almost never have gravy except for holidays. I love it on turkey, I love it on mashed potatoes, I even put it on my peas and my biscuits. I love gravy. :D

2) It's hard to say, but probably when I was little, like 9 or 10 years old, and my sister bought me a Pong game. I'm pretty sure you have to be over the age of 40 to understand why that was awesome. :P

3) I am definitely looking forward to Christmas. :)

2) What is your favorite dessert?

3) Can you tell I'm hungry?
3) J/K! Do you do anything on New Year's Eve?

Ramura
11-19-2016, 07:47 PM
1. Chicken in white wine over rice.
2. Double chocolate brownie sundae.
3. New Year's day is my dad's birthday, so New Year's Eve has always been kind of special in my family. My dad doesn't like big parties, but my mom will usually have at least a few people over, eat lots of food and stay up and watch the ball drop. We always have monkey bread. That's very special to me. And we sing happy birthday to my dad at midnight.

2. How do you imagine spending your retirement years?
3. What is the dumbest movie you have ever seen?

BelovedDaughter
11-19-2016, 08:51 PM
2. How do you imagine spending your retirement years?
3. What is the dumbest movie you have ever seen?

-Biscuits and sausage gravy.
-Relaxing on a front porch with a glass of sweet iced tea and having family around me.
-Borat. I hate that movie and hate that I've even seen it.

1.) If you could have anything to eat right now, what would it be?

2.) What is your ideal bedtime?

3.) What is the last thing you bought?

Jesus-is-the-1
11-20-2016, 04:07 PM
1.) If you could have anything to eat right now, what would it be?

2.) What is your ideal bedtime?

3.) What is the last thing you bought?

1. homemade chicken and noodles
2. 10:00 pm
3. Vitamins

1. Where do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

2. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

3. How much time, in general, do you spend online each day?

Christina
11-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Lol Snooch I know what Pong is...it WAS cool back then :P

1. Where do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
We go to my husband's parents/grandparents and then to my mom's place. Don't like going to the inlaws but it'd offend them if we didn't.

2. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Hmmmmmm. Any kind of guilty pleasure? That'd be sweet foods. I'm such a sweet tooth.

3. How much time, in general, do you spend online each day?
Way, way too much. But at least I'm doing something profitable with it now...building websites. I spend the majority of my day online. I get up every hour or so to stretch and look at something different.

1. If you go to sandwich shops, what kind of a sandwich do you order?

2. What do you like for toppings on your pizza? (Yes I'm hungry and I'm eating a sandwich)

3. Do you like snail mail or is an email just fine?

snooch
11-21-2016, 01:09 PM
1. If you go to sandwich shops, what kind of a sandwich do you order?

2. What do you like for toppings on your pizza? (Yes I'm hungry and I'm eating a sandwich)

3. Do you like snail mail or is an email just fine?

1) My favorite is egg salad (no celery) and mayo. I don't go to sandwich shops often though. When I go to subway, I like ham and swiss.

2) Onions and extra sauce.

3) I love to get snail mail. There's way less pressure to respond in a timely manner than there is with email. :D

1) What are you having for Thanksgiving dinner?

2) Do you bite your fingernails?

3) What is your favorite song of all time?

katzankatz
11-21-2016, 11:38 PM

1) What are you having for Thanksgiving dinner?

2) Do you bite your fingernails?

3) What is your favorite song of all time?

1. Turkey, rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans casserole, cranberry salad, bread, Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.

2. No! I couldn't even if I wanted to because my top and bottom teeth do not meet in front, which is really fun when you're eating a sandwich with lots of different thin ingredients?

3. Martin Luther's A Mighty Fortress

1. Do you have any unusual physical features (like my teeth that don't meet, stuff like that)
2. What would you appreciate help with today, even if you're unlikely to get it?
3. Have you ever had braces on your teeth?

BelovedDaughter
11-22-2016, 12:02 AM
1. Do you have any unusual physical features (like my teeth that don't meet, stuff like that)
2. What would you appreciate help with today, even if you're unlikely to get it?
3. Have you ever had braces on your teeth?

-Both of my earlobes have moles in the exact same spot.
-House cleaning.
-Nope, just spacers.

2.) What's your favorite holiday food?
3.) Who do you look up to?

BelovedDaughter
11-25-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm not answering my own questions, LOL! So I'm just bumping this.

mina
11-25-2016, 11:37 AM
-Both of my earlobes have moles in the exact same spot.
-House cleaning.
-Nope, just spacers.

2.) What's your favorite holiday food?
3.) Who do you look up to?

1. Meet me in St. Louis
2. Pie; in any flavour
3. My mom; especially since I'm a mom now. She had 3 under 5 all at once and I never saw her lose her cool! My parents were not close in miles to family and they never had anyone to watch us! I look back now and I'm amazed she did so much with us. She really was a super mom!

1. What do you want for Christmas (must be a selfish wish for you only)?
2. Any black Friday or cyber monday shopping?
3. When do you put up a Christmas tree?

Ramura
11-25-2016, 12:04 PM
1. I honestly don't have any "thing" I want. There's just not much I want or need at this season of my life. I like getting thoughtful gifts from people who know me, see something they know I'd like and get it for me. But I also love getting money and gift cards too! I am so not picky about anything. I'd be just as fine with cancelling the gift giving and just enjoying my time with my family.
2. Nope. Do not like crowds. Do not particularly like shopping.
3. I don't because no one ever comes to my house and I can't really afford Christmas decorations for no one to enjoy but myself. I usually put up a tree with my parents and siblings at their house the day after Thanksgiving (i.e. today).

1. What's your favorite game show?
2. When will you go see the latest Star Wars? Opening night, after the crowds die down, when it comes out on DVD or never?
3. What's your favorite board game?

katzankatz
11-25-2016, 09:00 PM
1. Probably family feud. I sometimes find it ridiculous - some of the questions and answers, but overall it's a fun game.
2. Never been a Star Wars fan. I've tried to watch it several time, but i always zone out early on, so I can't even say what it's about. So, never. :)
3. I like just about any board game or card game. Sequence, Blokus, Sorry, Aggravation, Uno, Skip-bo, nertz, Pictionary... Those are all fun. Nertz is my most favorite game of all time.

1. What are some museums have you visited? Do you like going to them?
2. Which off these 4 vacations would you choose right now: A. Cabin in the mountains, B. Tropical beach, C. Hotel in Paris, 4. Disneyworld?
3. What flavor or addition do you think tastes good in/with chocolate?

snooch
11-25-2016, 09:37 PM
1. What are some museums have you visited? Do you like going to them?
2. Which off these 4 vacations would you choose right now: A. Cabin in the mountains, B. Tropical beach, C. Hotel in Paris, 4. Disneyworld?
3. What flavor or addition do you think tastes good in/with chocolate?

1) Growing up in D.C., I would often go to the Smithsonian museums. When I was in college and wanted a day off, I'd sometimes Metro down there and pick a different museum and spend the day there. In 2010, when my husband and I went to Italy, we went to several museums and they might have been the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

2) Cabin in the mountains. Preferably with a lot of snow. I am craving winter more than anything.

3) Marshmallow. :)

1) How often do you watch, listen to, or read the news?

2) Do you usually have a white Christmas?

3) How do you feel about black jeans?

Ramura
11-27-2016, 12:07 AM
1. I read online almost every day. I don't have cable, a working car radio or a newspaper subscription, so that's pretty much how I get all my news.
2. Rarely. In Maryland growing up, we had a couple, but usually didn't get much real snow till January. In Texas, obviously there's very rarely a white anything. Then again, I doubt I'll ever be in Texas for Christmas, so I guess that's an irrelevant point.
3. Lol, I didn't know there was a way to feel about them. I take it some people don't like them? I like them, in some environments, they can function as looking business-casual-ish while still feeling not-dressy.

1. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
2. If you could redesign your kitchen anyway you wanted, how would you do it? (Colors, new gadgets, adjusted cabinet organization, etc)
3. What's your favorite airline to fly with?

mina
11-27-2016, 02:59 PM
1. Meet me in st. Louis
2. New countertops, backsplash, and layout. For a quick fix I want to paint my cabinets.
3.jet blue

1.favorite tv series.
2. Beach or mountains?
3. Are you a fan of going on vacation during the holidays, or you would rather stay home?

Jesus-is-the-1
11-27-2016, 03:53 PM
1.favorite tv series.
2. Beach or mountains?
3. Are you a fan of going on vacation during the holidays, or you would rather stay home?

1. Gilmore Girls
2. Beach
3. Vacation!

1. What Christmas decorations do you put up in your home?
2. What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?
3. (Repeat question) Do you like to go on vacation during the holidays, or stay home?

Christina
11-27-2016, 06:40 PM
1. What Christmas decorations do you put up in your home?
None really...can't afford to buy many and it takes so much work and time...but someday I will. I love white lights.

2. What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?
I use One n' Only Argan Oil Shampoo and conditioner...pretty good stuff...

3. (Repeat question) Do you like to go on vacation during the holidays, or stay home?
Usually like to stay home although for Christmas we are going away this year.

1. Do you like your bed soft or firm?

2. What's a weird food combination you like?

3. What is your favorite version of the Bible?

snooch
11-27-2016, 08:07 PM
1. Do you like your bed soft or firm?

2. What's a weird food combination you like?

3. What is your favorite version of the Bible?

1) I like it softer, my husband likes it more firm. Our bed is split and works for both of us. :D

2) When I was a kid, I used to eat cheese and ketchup sandwiches. Everyone thought it was really weird, but to me it was just like eating the last of a burger when you've eaten the meat out of it and have that one bite left of bread, cheese, and ketchup.

3) ESV. I have the ESV with study notes and Strong's that I use almost exclusively unless I want to compare verses.

1) What historical figure do you admire the most?

2) What president in your lifetime do you think was most influential (without going into whether or not you agreed with his politics!)

3) What pastor, preacher, or religious leader do you relate to?

mina
11-29-2016, 11:43 PM
1. Rosa Parks maybe or Sophie Scholl

2. Hmmm, in my life time?????? I was going to say JFK, but then I saw my lifetime, lol. I don't know.

3. Beth Moore maybe. She went through a lot to become the person she is today; I think she is humble and is a relatable person.

1. What is something you love, that most people hate?
2. What is something you hate or "don't get" , that most people seem to love?
3. Are you a real tree or a fake tree kind of person?

snooch
11-30-2016, 09:58 AM
1. What is something you love, that most people hate?
2. What is something you hate or "don't get" , that most people seem to love?
3. Are you a real tree or a fake tree kind of person?

1) The Dallas Cowboys (since my D.C./hometown peeps are Redskins fans). And, The Washington Redskins (since pretty much everyone except the above are Cowboys fans). The fact that I love both teams throws people into a tailspin. :P

2) Ellen Degeneres. I'm sorry, but I just don't think she is funny -at all- and the only parts of her show I ever enjoy are the segments where real, every day people have done something noteworthy. She annoys the crap out of me.

3) Fake tree. I hate pine needles on the floor and I have a fear of tree fires.

1) How good are you at managing money?

2) I think this is a repeat question, but what is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?

3) Have you ever had a tooth pulled?

Christina
11-30-2016, 05:38 PM
1) How good are you at managing money?
I can be really, really good at it, but my husband is terrible...yet he pays the bills and makes the money so for NOW...he handles it. For now. ;)

2) I think this is a repeat question, but what is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?

I haven't received very many in my time...haven't had that many Christmases. Trying to think. Probably this HUGE tube of Lindt chocolate truffles. Tons and tons and tons of them. It was the best thing ever.

3) Have you ever had a tooth pulled?
Yes I have. It was pretty traumatic but I survived. They had to saw it. Ugh.

1. Are you looking forward to Christmas this year?

2. Do you like tomatoes?

3. Do you have any artistic talents?

tiredwalker
11-30-2016, 09:08 PM
1. I am looking forward to Christmas - I'm happy for happiness sake and the glorious end of a far too eventful year.

2. I love tomatoes -- cooked or eaten like an apple.

3. I am somewhat talented in writing music, but I don't spend enough time to make it polished and well produced.

1. If you had to choose one condiment to replace all others for the rest of your life, what would be it be?
2. If you had to serve in some capacity for one year (you'd be trained and shipped to wherever) where would you go and what would you do?
3. If you had to sing in front of an audience, would you rather them be friends and family or strangers?

snooch
11-30-2016, 09:58 PM
1. If you had to choose one condiment to replace all others for the rest of your life, what would be it be?
2. If you had to serve in some capacity for one year (you'd be trained and shipped to wherever) where would you go and what would you do?
3. If you had to sing in front of an audience, would you rather them be friends and family or strangers?

1) Ranch. Ranch on everything. :D

2) I'd get trained for nursing or medicine and serve as an Army medic.

3) Definitely strangers. I had a hard time even speaking my wedding vows in front of my family!

1) What is your biggest fear?

2) What (or who) is your greatest love?

3) What is your strongest passion?

Christina
12-02-2016, 12:46 AM
1) What is your biggest fear?
Being tortured for Christ...I know, shouldn't be afraid of that but...who wants to be hung by their fingernails or be thrown in boiling oil?

2) What (or who) is your greatest love?
God first always...then my husband!

3) What is your strongest passion?
Bringing awareness to hidden abuse and standing up for the underdog.

1. Do you like Christmas music?

2. Do you like snow?

3. Are you an intellectual person?

katzankatz
12-02-2016, 01:08 AM

1. Do you like Christmas music?

2. Do you like snow?

3. Are you an intellectual person?

1. In general, yes. A little goes a long way though. I have to turn it off and listen to normal music after a while. I get really tired of hearing the same old songs over and over and over. And some are just extremely boring to me.

2. Yes, I do! And we have none right now. :(

3. I'm not sure. I'm a curious person and i like to know the facts, but I definitely do not like to over-think things..

1. Do you like country music?
2. What musical instrument would you most enjoy being proficient in?
3. Did you ever learn to skate? Roller or ice or whatever...

snooch
12-02-2016, 10:10 AM
1. Do you like country music?
2. What musical instrument would you most enjoy being proficient in?
3. Did you ever learn to skate? Roller or ice or whatever...

1) I love country music. I hate the bro-country that's been so popular the last few years, and I'm very happy to have discovered Texas country.

2) Piano. I was forced to take lessons as a kid and didn't like it, but now I really wish I had become more accomplished with it.

3) I could never roller skate, but I used to ice skate, until I fell and tore the cartilage in my knee.

1) What is your earliest memory?

2) How many houses have you lived in?

3) What's the last food or drink you put in your mouth?

katzankatz
12-02-2016, 04:15 PM
1. Up until age 3 our family lived on my grandparents' non-working (by then) farm. I remember riding my tricycle on the slab of concrete that was once the floor of the barn.

2. I'm living in my 8th residence. I also spent some time in a couple temporary places, but didn't count them.

3. I bought these chocolates when I was in Chicago last weekend. They are dark chocolate with black salt, burnt sugar caramel, coconut, and cocoa nibs, and you want to eat them very slowly because they are sooo delicious. So I just ate one of those :).

1. I like that question - what's your earliest memory?
2. Do you swim? If so, how did you learn - lessons, figure it out on your own, what?
3. Do you have anything not really valuable money-wise, but means a lot to you for sentimental reasons?

snooch
12-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Forgive me for interrupting the flow for a moment, but what is black salt?? How is it different from white salt? And how do I get some of those chocolates??

tiredwalker
12-02-2016, 06:00 PM
My earliest memory was standing in my crib tossing a stuffed animal to my sister. The dresser was white. Kind of silly, but there it is.

I love swimming. I learned at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. We swam all summer at the pool and I dove off of the high dive when I turned seven--I love swimming!

I have a very pretty Christmas card with a pop-out scene that my Great Auntie Berty sent me. It was my last one from her and I put it out every year. I'm ruthless with my minimalist purges, but that stays. She was the half sister to my grandfather who was kids killed in Vietnam.

1. What was your earliest memory (good one!)?
2. What would be your saving strength ina zombie apocalypse?
3. Which holiday would you skip if you could?

katzankatz
12-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Forgive me for interrupting the flow for a moment, but what is black salt?? How is it different from white salt? And how do I get some of those chocolates??

There are all different colors of salt in the world, depending on where it comes from, what minerals are in it, etc. There's white, black, red, pink, grey... Vosges chocolates are made in Chicago. I've seen it in Whole Foods, but you can also order online. :)

snooch
12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
1. What was your earliest memory (good one!)?
2. What would be your saving strength ina zombie apocalypse?
3. Which holiday would you skip if you could?

1) We moved into the house I grew up in when I was 3 years old. I remember all of my sisters running upstairs claiming their bedrooms, and I went to the little room across the hall from my parents (which was intended to be my room but I didn't know that) and saying, "My room my room!"

2) I'd be great at finding abandoned houses to hole up in. :D

3) 4th of July. It seems for our entire marriage, my husband and I have a huge fight over fireworks every single year.

1) I still want to hear earliest memories :)

2) What's your favorite thing to do on a lazy day?

3) Would you have made a good hippie in the 60s?

katzankatz
12-03-2016, 03:15 PM
1. These early memories are fun. :) Another thing I remember on the farm was getting one of those plastic kiddie pools. I LOVED it! It was yellow and had different colored fish on it.
2. I like to get out of the house. Go for a drive somewhere in the country, and if we end up by the lake that would make me even happier.
3. Maybe to a certain point. Pretty sure I wouldn't have been interested in the whole world peace thing or the drug scene, but probably would have liked the fashions. Even now, though I would never dream of dressing that way,I kind of like that comfy, laid-back look.

1. Another repeat: tell something funny that you believed when you were little.
2. Do you know any interesting facts about any of your ancestors?
3. Do you know your grandparents whole names? (Don't have to write them if you don't want to)

Jesus-is-the-1
12-04-2016, 05:56 PM
1. Another repeat: tell something funny that you believed when you were little.
2. Do you know any interesting facts about any of your ancestors?
3. Do you know your grandparents whole names? (Don't have to write them if you don't want to)

1. I have no idea why but when I was about 3, I believed a small gorilla lived behind our refrigerator. Strange!
2. Unfortunately, I don't. However, my grandmother recently passed and she had a huge book full of info on our ancestors and I am looking forward to reading everything in it!
3. I only know all their first and last names..don't know any of their middle names.

1. Do you have any siblings? Are you close to them?
2. What was your favorite childhood toy?
3. If/when you have a few hours alone, what do you like to do?

tiredwalker
12-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I have one older sister, and we are very close.
My Dad made me a set of stilts, and I killed the lawn using them so much.
I usually go for a walk or read in a coffee shop if I get a few hours alone.

1. What was your favorite childhood food.
2. What was a your favorite board game?
3. What kind of soap do you like for the shower?

snooch
12-04-2016, 06:44 PM
1. What was your favorite childhood food.
2. What was a your favorite board game?
3. What kind of soap do you like for the shower?

1) Spaghetti, or hot dogs.
2) Monopoly. I think it's still my favorite.
3) Olay with Shea Butter body wash.

1) What was the best gift you gave to someone?
2) Do you like surprises?
3) Are you a planner or a spur-of-the-moment person?

mina
12-04-2016, 08:53 PM
1) Spaghetti, or hot dogs.
2) Monopoly. I think it's still my favorite.
3) Olay with Shea Butter body wash.

1) What was the best gift you gave to someone?
2) Do you like surprises?
3) Are you a planner or a spur-of-the-moment person?

1. I gave my baby a doll last Christmas with yarn hair. The look on her face when she got it out of her stocking was pure excitement and joy!
2. Not really.... only if it's something really really really good.
3. I'm more of a planner, but in somethings I'm spontanous. I don't have to stick to the plan; I'm very flexible.

1. Where is the most exotic place you have traveled?
2. What is an issue that you feel very passionate about?
3. If you could travel back in time to any historical period; where would you want to go and experience?

Ramura
12-05-2016, 05:38 PM
1. I went to Ghana in Africa for a little over a week. Spent most of it in the big city, but a few days in a smaller village as well.
2. Poverty.
3. Hmm, that's a good question! I'd be interested in observing the civil rights movement or the abolitionist movement in US history. But I think having to choose just one, I'd have to go back to the ancient Middle East and observe the rise of Christianity. That would be fascinating and answer so many questions for me.

1. What's your favorite kind of pie?
2. How old were you when you left the country where you were born for the first time and where did you go? (If you've never left the country, tell us about where you would like to go someday.)
3. Would you rather get an all-expense paid vacation trip or just take the cash to invest as you decide?

katzankatz
12-05-2016, 05:49 PM
1. I like my own pie, or my mom's. I tend to not pay too close attention to recipes. I don't care what kind, I like them all, but I like fruit pies better than creamy ones.
2. Our family took a camping trip to the north shore of Lake Superior when I was about 5, and we drove all the way to Thunder Bay, Ontario for part of it.
3. I'd take the trip!

1. What do you do to stay warm?
2. What do you do to cool off?
3. Do you like chili? What do you like to put in it?

Christina
12-06-2016, 12:45 AM
1. What do you do to stay warm?
Run my hands under warm water, wear a lot of layers, and drink a warm drink

2. What do you do to cool off?
Doesn't take a lot...just sit in a cool room for a bit or in front of a fan...

3. Do you like chili? What do you like to put in it?
I do...I've never made it before so I don't know what I like in it...I don't like it spicy though. If it's spicy I'll eat it with sour cream. Normally I will eat it with bread or cornbread. But I'm not southern so....

1. Do you like green salads?

2. Do you eat a healthier lifestyle or more the "American diet" style?

3. What's your normal bedtime?

tiredwalker
12-06-2016, 08:55 AM
I love green salads, but usually eat them when greens are in season--I turn into a very hungry horse come spring.

I make all of our food from scratch and we eat tons of veggies, but then I make up for it by indulging my sweet tooth.

I typically go to bed between ten and midnight.

1. If you were going to a different planet and could only take you be safe possession, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite way to travel?
3. What is something you really want to do, but it scares you right out of your pants?

snooch
12-06-2016, 09:07 AM
1. If you were going to a different planet and could only take you be safe possession, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite way to travel?
3. What is something you really want to do, but it scares you right out of your pants?

1) I'm not sure I'm reading the question right but if I could only take one possession, I think it would be my tablet, fully loaded with books and music and all the pictures that are precious to me.

2) I like road trips. I love to be in the car and on the road.

3) Ride an elephant. The Renaissance Faire we used to go to every year would sometimes have elephant rides (they were very well cared for, that was a big thing about them being there) and I always wanted to try it. But the idea of getting up that high and it being so unpredictable, I could never do it.

tiredwalker
12-06-2016, 10:19 AM
3) Ride an elephant. The Renaissance Faire we used to go to every year would sometimes have elephant rides (they were very well cared for, that was a big thing about them being there) and I always wanted to try it. But the idea of getting up that high and it being so unpredictable, I could never do it.

That's funny. I rode one at a circus when I was little. I have a very vague memory of it-I wasn't sure how to put my legs :).

Christina
12-06-2016, 02:49 PM
1) I'm not sure I'm reading the question right but if I could only take one possession, I think it would be my tablet, fully loaded with books and music and all the pictures that are precious to me.

2) I like road trips. I love to be in the car and on the road.

It's not too bad really...it feels funny...I've ridden a camel too lol

You gonna post 3 more questions or ?? lol

snooch
12-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh duh, sorry! I shouldn't post before coffee! :doh:

1) Do you send Christmas cards?

2) How's your Christmas shopping going?

3) Do you have a special Christmas food that you only cook or eat once a year?

tiredwalker
12-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Oh duh, sorry! I shouldn't post before coffee! :doh:

1) Do you send Christmas cards?

2) How's your Christmas shopping going?

3) Do you have a special Christmas food that you only cook or eat once a year?

I send some Christmas cards...I just did family this year.

I'm finished except for my inlaws -- a pair of Darn Tough socks each and we're good to go!

My mom makes a leg of lamb and sometimes baklava--it's my absolute favorite. I'll take over if we do Christmas at our house.

1. If you had to choose, would you rather eat boogers or ear wax?
2. White lights or color lights?
3. Camping or glamping?

snooch
12-06-2016, 09:29 PM
^^ I'm not answering those questions - I just wanted to say that you can SO tell you have a gaggle of little girls from the first question! :D

Christina
12-06-2016, 11:32 PM
1. If you had to choose, would you rather eat boogers or ear wax?
LOL What? I guess boogers? hahahaha...

2. White lights or color lights?
White all the way! They make such a beautiful calming look.

3. Camping or glamping?
Admittedly, glamping. I've been camping before and did fine but I like to be warm and sleep somewhere soft where there aren't any bugs crawling on me....

1. Do you journal?

2. Have you ever gone skating?

3. Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done?

snooch
12-08-2016, 10:19 AM
1. Do you journal?

2. Have you ever gone skating?

3. Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done?

1) I have at times when I needed to get things out or work through something. I don't currently.

2) I used to go ice skating as a kid, until I messed up my knee.

3) I've gotten part of my shopping done. Mostly done for my husband and one set of friends, done with all the kids I think, just waiting for things to arrive so I can wrap and mail them. I still have other friends in CA I need to shop for tomorrow.

1) Is there a movie that you always watch whenever it's on?

2) What's the best job you ever had?

3) What color dominates your wardrobe?

katzankatz
12-08-2016, 11:33 AM
1. I always watch Fried Green Tomatoes
2. The job I have now with Hallmark is pretty good, despite how I complain about it at times. The positive aspects of the work day far outweigh the bad. It's just a fun relaxing job that looks so good when a job is completed. More changes coming soon though, and I'm not happy about them, of course.
3. Blue and any other color that coordinates with blue. I do have other colors, but blue and I just go together.

1. What kinds of movies do you NOT enjoy?
2. What's your oldest item of clothing that you still wear?
3. Something you don't mind spending a little extra money on?

tiredwalker
12-08-2016, 12:30 PM
1. I hate sappy and schmarmy movies that try to make me cry. I'd rather watch an action flick with Stallone or Schwarzenegger.
2. I have an embroidered suede coat that Andy got me the year we were married--It's 14 this year. I also wear use an apron that was my great-great grandmothers. I'd rather use it until it's dust than keep it in a bin in the basement.
3. Food. I love food and I'll happily spend more for better flavor--I don't mind spending $11 a lb for delicious locally raised and butchered meat--but we're only getting a pound or less a week :)

1. I like the oldest clothes question--what's the oldest item of clothing that you still wear?
2. What's your favorite teen memory?
3. If you could tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?

Jesus-is-the-1
12-18-2016, 08:24 AM
1. I hate sappy and schmarmy movies that try to make me cry. I'd rather watch an action flick with Stallone or Schwarzenegger.
2. I have an embroidered suede coat that Andy got me the year we were married--It's 14 this year. I also wear use an apron that was my great-great grandmothers. I'd rather use it until it's dust than keep it in a bin in the basement.
3. Food. I love food and I'll happily spend more for better flavor--I don't mind spending $11 a lb for delicious locally raised and butchered meat--but we're only getting a pound or less a week :)

1. I like the oldest clothes question--what's the oldest item of clothing that you still wear?
2. What's your favorite teen memory?
3. If you could tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
1. I have an old Beatles t-shirt that I've had since I was a teenager. I sleep in it sometimes.
2. My best-friend and I (she's since passed away) spent 2 weeks in Las Vegas when we were 16. It was such a good time. We spend many, many hours talking, laughing, crying, visiting casinos and shopping.
3. Stop looking for love and have fun.

1. Do you cook anything special for breakfast on Christmas morning?
2. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
3. What is (one) of your favorite movies?

snooch
12-18-2016, 09:57 AM
1. Do you cook anything special for breakfast on Christmas morning?
2. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
3. What is (one) of your favorite movies?

1) Not Christmas morning, but we always make crescent rolls for Christmas dinner, and we will have leftover crescents with eggs on top for breakfast the next few days.

2) Probably my soft, furry slippers. I wear them in the house almost exclusively. :D

3) The Sound of Music. And it is on tonight!!!

1) Are you an early Christmas shopper, or a last minute one?

2) What is your favorite kind of exercise?

3) Do you make New Year's resolutions?

tiredwalker
12-18-2016, 02:05 PM
1. I like to get it done early and on budget.
2. I like me Lesle Sansone on YouTube for free and do some weights after. I love swimming for exercise, but that's hard with kids.
3. I usually resolve to exercise more and it worked fairly well this year.

1. What activity would you love to do but feel afraid to do it?
2. If you were to raise lots of one type of animal, what would it be?
3. Appalachian trail or Pacific Crest Trail if you had to do one?

Christina
12-18-2016, 04:02 PM
1. What activity would you love to do but feel afraid to do it?
Skydiving

2. If you were to raise lots of one type of animal, what would it be?
Nubian goats! Their milk and meat is delicious, they're extremely hardy, and have wonderful personalities that are gentle and trusting. Out of all the types of goat milk I've had, Nubian is the best.

3. Appalachian trail or Pacific Crest Trail if you had to do one?
Pacific Crest...I think it would be more scenic, although I'm sure the Appalachian is just as good.

1. Will you have a relaxed week or is it going to be crazy getting ready for the holidays?

2. Do you send out Christmas cards or not?

3. What's one thing you're hoping for this Christmas?

katzankatz
12-18-2016, 11:36 PM
1. It's going to be busy, but hopefully not crazy and stressful. We still have a bit of shopping to do.
2. Usually not. We used to make a card every year with photos and simple artwork and message. It's a tradition that kind of fell by the wayside.
3. Really, I just want to be able to relax and enjoy the whole thing. It feels really good to not have to host a dinner or company. I don't usually mind doing that, but I was really hoping for a break for Christmas this year. So we immediately accepted a dinner invitation from someone else. :D

1. What's a really good gift you've given someone?
2. How did you learn to ride a bike?
3. Mittens or gloves?

Christina
12-19-2016, 01:19 AM
1. What's a really good gift you've given someone?
For Christmas or in general? Assuming for Christmas, honestly I can't even remember...I just know I put a lot of thought and research into gifts...tailor it to what they want or need the most. This year I am giving hubby a softball practice net and he has literally no clue. It will make him so incredibly happy though. In general gifts, the best gift I can remember is when I bought my mom a horse for her birthday...I had just gotten a job and saved up the money to buy a rescue foal that she so much wanted.

2. How did you learn to ride a bike?
I don't remember much, I was riding pretty early. We had a long driveway that wasn't paved and somehow I learned to ride with training wheels and eventually I can remember them being taken off and me crashing many times but getting the hang of it.

3. Mittens or gloves?
Gloves all the way! I feel so constricted in mittens lol

1. If you're into holiday decor, are you more for traditional red/green or do you like the other colors such as blue and white and purple?

2. Have you ever ice skated?

3. What is one thing you've done this year that has made you feel accomplished?

blythe_ann
12-19-2016, 06:08 PM
1. If you're into holiday decor, are you more for traditional red/green or do you like the other colors such as blue and white and purple?
I'm all about blue/silver/white. We don't decorate much but our tree is that color.
2. Have you ever ice skated?
Once. And I didn't fall down!
3. What is one thing you've done this year that has made you feel accomplished?
I don't know if it's an "accomplishment" but one thing that pretty much took all year and I'm so glad to have it all completed is my son's adoption.

1. Do you buy or are you a salesman for a direct buy company (Mary Kay, Plexus, Juice+, Tupperware)?

2. Do you try to live "green" (energy efficient/recycle)?

3. When was the coldest you have ever felt?

Christina
12-19-2016, 06:59 PM
The adoption totally counts! And so does not falling down during ice skating lol. I grew up skating during the winter either in my grandfather's yard or at the commons (green?) in the middle of town. I haven't skated in a while. I wasn't graceful and my sisters totally out graced me in that department.

1. Do you buy or are you a salesman for a direct buy company (Mary Kay, Plexus, Juice+, Tupperware)?

I have bought from Norwex but that's about it. I have a ton of people trying to get me into Plexus. It can be so dang expensive to do these things. And yes if you're a real sales type person or a real party type person you'll probably do fine. But if you're not, then you will sink money into it without much reward. My favorite line they ALL say is "but our company is different! Try it and see! Our parties don't work the same!" Yes they do. :D

2. Do you try to live "green" (energy efficient/recycle)?
I don't actively try but I don't avoid it either. We have LED bulbs in most of the house and recycle everything that can be recycled and try to buy energy efficient appliances.

3. When was the coldest you have ever felt?
Uh from what I can remember..hmm...well there was one night when I was a kid that was -20 but we had a wood stove so it wasn't too bad. A few days ago we had a 3 degree day with a real feel of well below zero. On my way home from work (a 1 mile drive) I got so cold that I was cold for HOURS afterwards. I even had soup, layered up, moved around and everything but was still shaking. Ugh.

1. Do you use ketchup/catsup for anything?

2. Do you like any holiday movies?

3. What is one thing that you wish you could change right now? (can be in the world, life, whatever)

tiredwalker
12-19-2016, 08:47 PM
1. I like ketchup on fried foods.
2. I like Donovan's Reef and White Christmas, but that's pretty much it.
3. I'd rid the world of blind faith and teach people to question. Then, we would have nearly as much suffering.

1. What's one of your personal topics - something that you research and think about?
2. If you were chosen to go to space, would you do it ?
3. If you had to choose, would you rather live in a tiny house with just your family or a McMansion with your extended family?

Christina
12-20-2016, 01:08 AM
1. What's one of your personal topics - something that you research and think about?
Mental health, hidden abuse, and spiritual abuse. It's all tied in together and I research a lot to learn about it all.

2. If you were chosen to go to space, would you do it ?
I don't think I would. I value my family too much here to leave them for a venture like that. Plus all the training and everything would just be way too overwhelming.

3. If you had to choose, would you rather live in a tiny house with just your family or a McMansion with your extended family?
A McMansion. I always need my personal space, especially if I have been overstimulated through the day. So I would rather have a big place where everyone could be but where I could also have my own privacy.

1. What's the first thing you notice about someone?

2. What is the most comforting sound to you?

3. What was one really defining moment in your spiritual life?

snooch
12-20-2016, 10:33 AM
1. What's the first thing you notice about someone?

2. What is the most comforting sound to you?

3. What was one really defining moment in your spiritual life?

1) I think their countenance. Whether a person's facial expression is kind and welcoming, glowering and distancing, smart or vapid - it makes a difference in how I approach them initially, more than anything else.

2) My dog's snorfles when I'm snuggling her or when she's dreaming. :)

3) The first prayer I remember God answering, directly and obviously, shortly after I became a Christian. The circumstances were so clearly from him that it couldn't be denied. And the situation was so ultimately inconsequential, and yet very important to me, that it really brought home that he cares about the little details of my life and will be there for each one of them.

1) Do you put up a Christmas tree, and if so is it live or fake?

2) What do you like to do on cold/rainy/gloomy days?

3) I like Christina's question: What was one really defining moment in your spiritual life?

tiredwalker
12-20-2016, 03:29 PM
1) Do you put up a Christmas tree, and if so is it live or fake?

Live. We tried fake for a year and the mice used it as a litter box.

2) What do you like to do on cold/rainy/gloomy days?

I like to go walking in it then come it for a cup of tea.

3) I like Christina's question: What was one really defining moment in your spiritual life?

It was when I realized that faith isn't tricking yourself into believing. It's when you choose to follow when you see no evidence at all and expect none to come--evidence is for courts and science not for God who is outside of it all.

1. Are you lusty to experience weather or do you like to hide from it?
2. Are you content with your path of n life or are you hungry for something else?
3. Were you a very adventurous child or a daydreamer?

Christina
12-20-2016, 06:22 PM
1. Are you lusty to experience weather or do you like to hide from it?
It depends. I love to watch the weather, to look at the radar and observe the storms coming in. I like to stay home during any kind of storm though. I like winter storms for that quiet, stay-home-in-pajamas feel. I like thunderstorms just because I think they are cool.

2. Are you content with your path of n life or are you hungry for something else?
A little bit of both. I'm content in that if I stayed where I am now and just kept growing in the areas I'm in, I'd be ok. But I'm also hungering for a change of pace and a change of scenery. I want to move away from here and I feel that my calling is not to be here forever. I have always felt that way but it took a while for hubby to get on board. Two summers ago God changed his heart. So now we are looking in that direction.

3. Were you a very adventurous child or a daydreamer?
I was more of a daydreamer. I loved to spend my days reading in my room or in the woods. Sometimes I'd take a tape recorder and record all the crazy cool stuff I wanted to do or thought I would do when I was grown up. There were times when I was adventurous...but I was moreso a daydreamer.

1. What was one dream you had as a kid?

2. Are you more traditional domestic type person or more modern-day person?

3. Do you have to be "put together" just to go out and about?

tiredwalker
12-20-2016, 07:52 PM
1. Not sure if it's a literal dream or a goal: I once dreamt that I saw Jesus by our creak and a man shot him before I could stop him. My goal was to get married and have kids and be happy (accomplished!)

2. I'm traditional but only because I want to be. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm a human before I'm a female, so I expect to be able to accomplish what I want if I set my mind to it. I wouldn't do well with a dominating husband, but I do like to stay at home, garden, etc.

3. I haven't worn deodorant in 4-5 years and don't own a dress--I don't know if I own anything that can make me appear put together. :D I will say this, I don't hang out in pj's though. I get dressed everyday as soon as I wake up--it just looks like farmer clothing though.

These are great questions so I'm copying all of them.
2. Are you more traditional domestic typer person or more modern-day person?
3. Do you have to be put together just to go out and about?

snooch
12-21-2016, 09:30 AM
2. Are you more traditional domestic typer person or more modern-day person?
3. Do you have to be put together just to go out and about?

1) I had a recurring dream about being chased by Ricardo Montalban in his white 3-piece Fantasy Island suit, all through abandoned hotels or parking garages, because he wanted to kill me. I've had this dream into adulthood but with less frequency.

2) I'm more traditional I think. Not on purpose, and not with any kind of statement being made - it's just how I feel most comfortable and what works for us in our family.

3) I don't know how put together I ever am LOL. I'm a jeans and t-shirts kind of person, I almost always wear sneakers or hoodies, very very casual. I own dresses but I don't think I've worn one in the last ten years. "Put together" for me, just for going out to run errands or something, is pulling my hair into a ponytail and making sure I'm wearing pants. :P

1) How technologically minded are you? i.e. You are the family tech support, vs. You know how to send a text, or somewhere in between?

2) If money were no obstacle, would you live in a sprawling estate on a lot of land, or in a modest home in a nice neighborhood?

3) What is something you know you should be doing but aren't, and have no real excuse for it? (I'll own up to this one - I should be visiting the elderly and widows in my church. I have the time and the desire, and no good reason for not having done it yet except social anxiety.)

Christina
12-21-2016, 12:18 PM
1) How technologically minded are you? i.e. You are the family tech support, vs. You know how to send a text, or somewhere in between?

I'm just a shade under the family tech support since my husband IS the family tech support lol...but a lot of people come to me for tech support too so I guess that counts.

2) If money were no obstacle, would you live in a sprawling estate on a lot of land, or in a modest home in a nice neighborhood?

That's a hard one. I *think* I'd choose the estate because I do like privacy and I would like room to house family/friends when they visit and hold Bible studies and stuff. But I also like being in a more modest home in a good neighborhood. I don't know.

3) What is something you know you should be doing but aren't, and have no real excuse for it? (I'll own up to this one - I should be visiting the elderly and widows in my church. I have the time and the desire, and no good reason for not having done it yet except social anxiety.)

Exercising!!! Ugh. I have no excuse. I know it'd help my fibormyalgia. My new med is helping me to feel a little better so that's good. But I really really need to exercise. ZERO excuses.

1. Do you work better with lists or playing things by ear?

2. If you had to read a book or wanted to read a book, what genre would you pick?

3. Do you serve in any ministries at church?

tiredwalker
12-21-2016, 02:06 PM
1. Do you work better with lists or playing things by ear? I wing it with just about everything, but I do it better if I force myself to write a list.

2. If you had to read a book or wanted to read a book, what genre would you pick?
I used to only read fiction, but now I tend to read non-fiction (social/environmental/permaculture/how-to) ...though my current pick is The Jungle Books.

3. Do you serve in any ministries at church? I don't. It's a time in my kids' lives and my life when we don't have much settled time, so I'm saying no to every non-essential thing.

1. Going camping--beach, lake, or forrest?
2. What is your art (cooking, gardening, turning a phrase, painting, music, etc?)
3. What famous person would you love to meet?

Christina
12-21-2016, 09:43 PM
1. Going camping--beach, lake, or forest?
Beach I think. The sand is softer and the tides and the sunsets can't be beat!

2. What is your art (cooking, gardening, turning a phrase, painting, music, etc?)
I don't have just one but the one I am most talented in is music, specifically piano playing and singing. I also draw, and I am pretty decent behind a camera considering I never had any training.

3. What famous person would you love to meet?
I never know how to answer this one but I think I can reasonably say Josh Groban. I love his music and he just seems like a really nice, fun guy that I would like to meet.

1. What kind of games do you like to play?

2. Do you like choral music such as Handel's Messiah and the likes?

3. What are you most looking forward to in the new year?

katzankatz
12-22-2016, 07:55 AM
1. I LOVE playing games. My favorites are party type games that make people laugh. But I do enjoy a good strategy game too. On internet I play Words With friends and Candy Crush.

2. I like choral music in general, don't seek it out our anything though. Choirs that aren't very good, just... no thanks...

3. We're saving money for a nice trip, so we'll see if we're successful with that.

1. Are you a picky eater, or are you more adventurous?
2. How are you with math?
3. What's someplace local (or nearby) that you've never been but you would like to? Restaurant, shopping place, someplace scenic, museum, different town...whatever.

tiredwalker
12-22-2016, 09:42 AM
1. I've always been an adventurous eater--Baba's jellied pig's feet, smoked and pickled herring, etc.
2. Math is a difficult language for me. It's been really good homeschooling because I'm forced to relearn everything.
3. I'd like to go to the Stowe Cider shop to fill a growler. I love their hard cider but have only found it in one place.

1. I like several of the questions, so I'll repeat them: What kind of games do you like to play?
2. Are you a picky eater or more adventurous?
3. What's someplace close to you that you've never been, but you'd like to go?

Christina
12-22-2016, 12:48 PM
1. What kind of games do you like to play?
That depends on the mood I'm in and whether I have caught up with my responsibilities. When I have things to do, I will play a quick round on Candy Crush and catch up on Family House (a FB game also on the phone). If I have more time, I will play The Sims or a city building game or Age of Empires. I like managing towns and cities and that kind of thing.

2. Are you a picky eater or more adventurous?
I'm neither picky nor adventurous lol. I will try anything once. But I prefer to mostly stick with what I know. I have tried frogs legs before and they were good. That might be the most adventurous I've ever gotten lol.

3. What's someplace close to you that you've never been, but you'd like to go?
The Grand Canyon! It's definitely on my bucket list.

1. Do you prefer long hair or shorter?

2. What is one of the most relaxing scents to you?

3. What is the last thing you read in the Bible and did it mean anything special to you?

Ramura
12-22-2016, 05:09 PM
1. Long hair for me. I've had it short before and it looks good when it cut and styled well, but I just can't spend the money on going to the hairdresser often enough to keep it looking good. My hair's down almost to my butt now and it could use a trim, but doesn't require much professional upkeep.

2. I don't think scents really help me relax. I'm not the type that needs much help relaxing, lol. That comes pretty easy to me.

3. I have no idea, honestly. I think the last thing I tried to study was a life of David personal study guide. I don't remember getting very far. Sorry this is kind of a bad answer to the question.

1. How have your Christmas traditions changed over the years?
2. What's your favorite hair care brand?
3. What do you put at the tops of your tree?

Christina
12-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Your answers are just fine :)

1. How have your Christmas traditions changed over the years?
Well I grew up without Christmas, although every year I listened to Handel's Messiah on the public radio. I now listen to it every Christmas day but usually online lol. I haven't really developed any traditions at all yet.

2. What's your favorite hair care brand?
Pretty much whatever works for my hair. I don't use product in it to speak of. Occasionally I will use an argan oil spray to tame the frizz. I recently purchased some argan oil organic shampoo and conditioner from Amazon and it's brilliant. My hair is SOOOO soft and much more under control.

3. What do you put at the tops of your tree?
If I have a tree, which is rare (thanks 5 kitties) it is a star of some sort. I really like a star that lights up.

1. Have you ever pulled an all nighter or stayed up 24 full hours?

2. Are you more into current music or do you like the classics more?

3. Along the same lines, when it comes to home design, do you like modern or more traditional?

mina
12-22-2016, 10:02 PM
1. Yes, several times in college for an early exam that I could crash afterwards and several times after having a baby (I can't crash during those times!).
2. I really like classic music; Classical, oldies, classic rock, etc.....
3. I LOVE older homes. I could talk a lot about them! I'm really passionate about preservation and I would love to save older homes if I could. I love mid century modern as well. We live in a 1938 tudor and before that I lived in a 1911 four square cottage. It was called the loveletter house b/c old love letters were found under the floorboards during renovation. I just find them much more interesting and often more well made than new builds. I love history.

1.Do you have a set of fancy dishes that you use on special occasions?
2. What is your favorite cheesy song?
3. What is your favorite cheesy movie?

Virginia
12-27-2016, 04:52 PM
1. Yes, several times in college for an early exam that I could crash afterwards and several times after having a baby (I can't crash during those times!).
2. I really like classic music; Classical, oldies, classic rock, etc.....
3. I LOVE older homes. I could talk a lot about them! I'm really passionate about preservation and I would love to save older homes if I could. I love mid century modern as well. We live in a 1938 tudor and before that I lived in a 1911 four square cottage. It was called the loveletter house b/c old love letters were found under the floorboards during renovation. I just find them much more interesting and often more well made than new builds. I love history.

1.Do you have a set of fancy dishes that you use on special occasions?
2. What is your favorite cheesy song?
3. What is your favorite cheesy movie?

1. No fancy dishes. We are super casual people :)
2. Can't Help Falling in Love With You
3. How to Lose a Guy in 10 days

Questions:
1) Favorite Christmas gift you got this year?
2) What's the weather like where you are today?
3) What's your favorite inspirational quote?

tiredwalker
12-27-2016, 06:42 PM
1) Favorite Christmas gift you got this year? The chicken swing from my dh.

2) What's the weather like where you are today? A warm, but windy 45. It was delicious.

3) What's your favorite inspirational quote?
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permitted to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Litany Against Fear
Dune
Frank Herbert

Great questions!...I'm going to steal them!
1. What was your favorite gift?
2. What was your weather today...and did you like it?
3. What is your favorite inspirational quote?

snooch
12-27-2016, 09:01 PM
1. What was your favorite gift?
2. What was your weather today...and did you like it?
3. What is your favorite inspirational quote?

1) A signed and framed picture of Merle Haggard in concert. :)

2) Near 70. Christmas was warm enough for us to turn on the A/C. I cannot even put into words how much I dislike it.

3) It's from LOST: "Do not mistake coincidence for fate." It's stuck with me for years and when I have a tendency to feel superstitious, I call it up.

1) Do you drink enough water every day?

2) Do you binge watch any shows?

3) What was your favorite Christmas gift? (I liked the question too :))

katzankatz
12-27-2016, 09:59 PM
1. Unfortunately, usually no. :(
2. I tend to do that if I haven't watched tv in several days. Last night I watched the movies that were on Lifetime, which was weird because that channel is not one I like.
3. I got a scarf that I've been wearing a lot. A white one with blue plaid lines.

1. What's the best thing you ate today?
2. What's something you've done before and you've vowed to never do again?
3. Do you celebrate New Years Eve and day, or do you like to stay home and take it easy?

Virginia
12-28-2016, 09:17 PM
1. Unfortunately, usually no. :(
2. I tend to do that if I haven't watched tv in several days. Last night I watched the movies that were on Lifetime, which was weird because that channel is not one I like.
3. I got a scarf that I've been wearing a lot. A white one with blue plaid lines.

1. What's the best thing you ate today?
2. What's something you've done before and you've vowed to never do again?
3. Do you celebrate New Years Eve and day, or do you like to stay home and take it easy?

1. Best thing I ate was a gluten free lemon cookie...so soft and chewy. YUM!

2. I vowed never to play volleyball without ankle braces because I sprained my ankle multiple times in high school/college. And then this past spring as an adult guess what I did!? Played without my braces and sprained my ankle badly! ;)

3. We've always stayed in. Too many crazy people on the roads.

Questions:
1. Who was the best boss you ever worked for? Why?
2. What's a real-life story that inspires you?
3. Favorite board game?

tiredwalker
12-29-2016, 03:06 PM
1. Who was the best boss you ever worked for? Why? My sister because we both had the same goal and are willing to bend to make it work....and Inlove her to bits.

2. What's a real-life story that inspires you? Laura Ingalls-- I can do a great life with little of everything.

3. Favorite board game? Dominion-- the changing cards refreshes th entire game every round. I could play it for hours.

1. Fav board game? (We're gamers)
2. Minimalist or maxinista?
3. City or country?

DIANAC
12-30-2016, 07:10 PM
1. Fav board game? (We're gamers) None! I Hate-hate-hate board games. I was a bad Mom because I did not play board games with my son.
2. Minimalist or maxinista? I don't know. Little bit of both, depending on the situation. Maybe recovering maxinista? Just today I got rid of tons of kitchen stuff - leaning towards minimalism.
3. City or country? Little bit of both, strongly leaning towards the City.

Did you ever meet an Arminianist?
How do you picture yourself at 65?
What pieces of jewelry you can't live without?

snooch
12-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Did you ever meet an Arminianist?
How do you picture yourself at 65?
What pieces of jewelry you can't live without?

1) I had to look this up. Is this what you mean? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arminianism If so, I'm not sure that I have, although I'm pretty sure on CF there were many I came across.

2) 65 isn't too far off for me. I think I'll be a lot more gray, and living with it, hopefully enjoying retirement with my husband, doing some traveling. I think we'll either have no dogs (so we can travel) or a passel of them. :D

3) My wedding and engagement rings. I wear an ankle bracelet and a chain around my neck all the time, but if I lost them or they broke, I'd be fine. I couldn't bear to be without my wedding and engagement rings though.

1) What nationality of food do you enjoy the most?

2) What is the last article of clothing you bought for yourself?

3) Were you raised as a Christian or did you come to it on your own as you grew up/got older?

tiredwalker
12-30-2016, 09:03 PM

1) What nationality of food do you enjoy the most? Ukrainian. What's not to love? Shiny loaves of bread, liberal use of high fat dairy and dill, and lots of tubular meat.

2) What is the last article of clothing you bought for yourself? A brand new bra for $1.12--score!

3) Were you raised as a Christian or did you come to it on your own as you grew up/got older? I grew up with it. On long car rides we'd name the 12 tribes, sing songs in Hebrew, and have theological talks. My parents were very young and we all seemed to grow up and in our faith together. I got to see my dad leave a military career and muscle through his MDiv and later stand with the other grey-beards to get his doctorate because he felt God telling him to do it.

1. What was your favorite outfit as a child?
2. What was one of your all time favorite moments--you feel good just thinking about it?
3. What is your response when nervous ( ex: I bite the skin inside my lip or on my fingers)?

katzankatz
12-31-2016, 01:43 PM

1. What was your favorite outfit as a child?
2. What was one of your all time favorite moments--you feel good just thinking about it?
3. What is your response when nervous ( ex: I bite the skin inside my lip or on my fingers)?

1. I had a favorite shirt when I was about 10 years old. My sister bought it for me. She saw it on a clearance rack and thought it was cute, and told me to try it on. I thought it was ugly and didn't want to. I did it because she made me. And I LOVED it. The next year my mom went through my clothes to give away the too-small ones, she put this one in there, and I was SO UPSET. I took it out of the box, and she yelled at me to put it back. I was so mad. I kept waking up all night long and crying about it. It was awful. We gave it to a girl from church/school, and she loved it and wore it all the time. I was a little jealous, but she was a nice girl. But it took years for me to get over that! Sorry for the dramatic story :)

2. First time visit Grand Sable Dunes in Michigan. You climb up this big hill of nice soft sand, and when you can finally see over the crest there's this huge expanse of Lake Superior before you, and the dune falls 300 feet down to the shore. It took my breath away.

3. Upset stomach, mostly. My breathing becomes shallow and I find myself holding my breath.

1. Do you have a "dream car?"
2. Something you spent good money on, and then you regretted it later.
3. Do you like being around kids?

tiredwalker
12-31-2016, 03:44 PM
1. Do you have a "dream car?" My paid off minivan is as close as it gets. It's reliable, paid off, gets good gas mileage, and fits all five of us and our camping gear.
2. Something you spent good money on, and then you regretted it later. So many things from private college (our last non-mortgage loan) all the way to a pair of Doc Martin's that didn't quite fit.
3. Do you like being around kids? I do. At this point in life it can be a little overwhelming with all the children at home, but they bring so much fun and spontaneity. I tend to be serious and even mopey, but young people brighten everything up. I loved teaching high school because of this. A class full of teens can be really fun.

1. Good question. Do you like being around children?

2. In a moment of spiritual closeness to God, how did you feel? Was it calm and peaceful or jubilant, etc.?

3. In a moment of stress are you a fight person or a flight person?