PDA

View Full Version : Looking for inspiration

purple
12-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm hope you don't mind me asking but I'm wanting to branch out the business in 2017.

I'm planning on moving into more faith based crafts, wall art, scripture phrases, pillow covers, tea towels and possibly tshirts...

I've got a number of designs I've been working on for the last few years but I wondered if you might be willing to share something you wish you could buy or make???

Or fav verses you'd like to see in art???

snooch
12-29-2016, 09:44 PM
I'd like scripture wall art that doesn't come with a cheesy picture attached to it LOL. And, that isn't huge and doesn't require half a wall to put up. I have lots of little spaces that need *something* and a short verse, or a couple of key phrases of a well known verse, would do perfectly, but I can't find anything that I like that is small and doesn't feature sunsets or rainbows.

purple
12-30-2016, 03:18 PM
No sunsets or rainbows with me!

tiredwalker
12-30-2016, 05:12 PM
It can be hard to avoid the cheese sometimes. I'd probably choose smaller wall art that is simply scripture with a water color background--no actual picture or a simple shape (a black ink outline of a flame on water color background--light on a hill verse). OR something over the top like a modern icon with a verse.

Is that confusing enough?

DIANAC
12-30-2016, 05:12 PM
If I was in this business, I would do flowers!!!! All kinds! So people would buy for example 6 tea cups of same shape but featuring different flowers and different verses to make a set. After that they can buy tea towels with again different flowers and different verses...And a tea pot..sugar bowl...serving platter....endless!

katzankatz
12-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Simplicity is what I'd appreciate. Simple black (or blue or green or whatever) and white, clean and neat. For images, I'd appreciate simple hand-made line drawings.

A lot of Christian themed decor is either cutesy or shabby, and I'd find something a little more clean and modern to be refreshing.

Virginia
01-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm hope you don't mind me asking but I'm wanting to branch out the business in 2017.

I'm planning on moving into more faith based crafts, wall art, scripture phrases, pillow covers, tea towels and possibly tshirts...

I've got a number of designs I've been working on for the last few years but I wondered if you might be willing to share something you wish you could buy or make???

Or fav verses you'd like to see in art???

My personal style is definitely a little more modern and less "Thomas Kinkade" like (ya know, all the watercolored flowers with verses and such).

Also, maybe things with verses on them that work for men- wallets or belt buckles or something. A lot of things with Bible verses are stereotypically "girly" in nature :)

Great business idea!

Christina
01-01-2017, 11:56 PM
This is cool!

I'm with some of the other ladies - not the normal super cheesy stuff...

Personally one thing I find hard to find is stuff that has more of the "tough guy" look. I have family members and many friends who are Christians but are of the more rough-around-the-edges type and would appreciate things that had more of that look. It could be clean and modern but definitely not be cheesy and feminine looking. I'm sure you probably know what I mean!

As for verses, there are always the normal verses but I would love to see more verses that are a little less traditional and more focused on our responsibilities as believers - for example, verses such as Proverbs 4:23 that speaks about guarding our heart because our life flows from it, or 1 Peter 5:6-7. Most people quote just 1 Peter 5:7 but not 5:6.

snooch
01-02-2017, 10:28 AM
^^ I agree, I'm always looking for less common verses, because I think the Bible is so rich and a lot of times it's easy to gloss over the verses everyone has heard a million times because they are so familiar they lose their oomph. I'll come across less common verses that sometimes hit me in the face and make me think, "I didn't even know that was in the Bible!" Those would be great.

mina
01-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I just bought a sign for my dining room that was made out of rustic wood with simple lettering. I'm appreciating more woodsy or rustic type images that are hand lettered or hand done. Simple, not too cutesy or "twee". It doesn't always have to be scripture for me; but even if it just lends itself to sayings that promote biblical principles: promoting family, loving others, kindness, hospitality, etc.... Even using uncommon or reclaimed materials ; I'm drawn to that.