PDA

View Full Version : Goals for 2017!

tiredwalker
12-29-2016, 06:36 PM
What are your goals for 2017?

- I just read Dave Ramsey's book, and we're revising our budget with the anticipation of my reduced work hours.

- build chicken coop and learn how to raise and butcher chickens.

- transfer garden from backyard to a series of raised beds to in front-- build said raised beds.

- fill freezer with chicken and veggies from the garden.

snooch
12-29-2016, 09:46 PM
1) Get into a smaller, more manageable house.

2) Get back to eating healthier and being more active.

3) Read. More. Intentionally, not to fill time.

4) Get back to daily Bible reading.

mina
12-29-2016, 09:59 PM
1. Organize things
2. Work out every other day
3.focus on my etsy shop
4. get back to gardening- herb and veggies
5. join a mom's group or women's group at church; I have no mom friends offline and I feel really isolated. I am open to being friends with anyone with whom I have a connection, but it just seems that it is easier when you have a small child to be friends with others who kind of share and understand your schedule.

Christina
12-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Sell house/move into the other house

Lose 20lbs

Get help with some female health issues

Grow closer to my husband

Be more active in general

Historia
12-31-2016, 05:20 PM
1) Get healthy (figure out the gallbladder thing, go for athletic walks as many days as possible, get serious with yoga)

2) Buy a condo or at least move to an apartment closer to where my husband's company is relocating the Fremont workers

3) Find a way(s) to make California feel like home and not a foreign country

blythe_ann
12-31-2016, 05:46 PM
1. Run a 50K with my best friend, maybe. Well, that was the plan for the past few years but she just signed up for one without telling me about it so I may no longer be invited. But I still might run one, with or without her.
2. Adopt a second baby... first, talk my husband into moving forward on adopting a second baby.
3. This year I WILL be able to do a proper handstand!

Virginia
01-01-2017, 06:26 PM
1. Read more than 20 books.
2. Continue to pursue God and grow in my faith in Him.
3. Say "no" to work so I can say "yes" to people, relationships, hobbies, sleeping, music, etc.
4. Continue to work out and eat healthy.
5. Trust God with this pregnancy and pray for our baby daily.

purple
01-04-2017, 05:09 AM
To lift more than I can weigh in a deadlift and a back squat

Create and successfully produce a new line for LJR called FaithLines

To become more organised but creating lists of what needs to be done and keeping on top of it.

blythe_ann
01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
I thought of another one that I definitely want to pursue.

I want to be ridiculously kind this year. I want to think of others before myself at all times. During our first adoption process I kind of imploded and didn't reach out to anyone to love on them because I felt so lost and alone myself. This year, I want to be completely present and aware of when I can be a blessing to others-- from my husband and son, to my employer, to the random person behind me at a check out line. I used to be decent at showing extra levels of kindness and I feel like I'm in my own little world right now (given, I have a kid now, and he takes a lot of attention away) but I want to be more giving of myself to others.

Gillian
01-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Find a tidy house amongst other things.

Gillian

Sage
03-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Graduate!

tiredwalker
03-18-2017, 06:10 PM
Whohooo!