PDA

View Full Version : Any good freezer meal recipes?

Virginia
08-18-2017, 12:11 PM
I've found some on Pinterest, but the one I tried wasn't that good, so I'm looking for recommendations from people I trust!

Any meals you cook that freeze well either before or after cooking? :)

mina
08-18-2017, 01:41 PM
I used to do freezer crockpot meals- prep and freeze and then just take out and toss in the crock pot. They were GREAT for life with a newborn. and delicious. I need to start doing this again , but it's hard to find the time to prep. You can google and come up with TONS of recipe ideas. I used this website when I was doing it:
http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/31-crockpot-freezer-meals-for-busy-weeknights/

blythe_ann
08-18-2017, 02:11 PM
What are you some of your favorite flavors? I do this for about half of my meal planning, but I'm a vegetarian and my husband likes Japanese, Mexican and Italian flavors, so we tend to focus on those. Give me an idea and I can send you a ton!

snooch
08-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm a big fan of crock pot cooking, and stuff freezes so well. One of my favorites is Mexican chicken, and it's so easy. I put boneless skinless chicken, either thighs or breasts or tenderloins, into the crock pot, season with a packet of McCormick fajita seasoning, add a can of cream of chicken soup (two cans if I'm making a lot) and a jar of my favorite salsa. Let it cook all day and then shred the chicken. There's a lot of sauce left with this, so I scoop out even portions into big ziploc freezer bags and freeze them, and then when I want to make them for dinner I defrost, add shredded cheese, add a 90 second bag of Ready Rice, and nuke until it's hot. With the rice and cheese (and sour cream on the plate) this will easily give us two nights of dinner, and there's usually a couple bags still portioned out in the freezer.

blythe_ann
08-18-2017, 04:39 PM
^Similarly easy, chicken ranch tacos. Chicken, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning. Cook all day, shred chicken, serve in tortillas with favorite toppings.

Virginia
08-19-2017, 07:11 PM
What are you some of your favorite flavors? I do this for about half of my meal planning, but I'm a vegetarian and my husband likes Japanese, Mexican and Italian flavors, so we tend to focus on those. Give me an idea and I can send you a ton!

I don't like spicy, but we like everything else! Oh, except I hate dill. I don't know why haha.

Thank you!

Virginia
08-19-2017, 07:11 PM
I love crockpot stuff, too! Thanks, Snooch!! :)

blythe_ann
08-19-2017, 09:38 PM
http://newleafwellness.biz/2015/06/03/11-healthy-freezer-meal-prep-sessions-that-will-simplify-your-life/

My family has had many of these, though some of them I can't eat. Those who can have them have loved them, though :). Great place to start as she has grocery lists and everything!

Virginia
08-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Blythe!

I made French onion chicken, chicken enchiladas, two types of muffins, baked oatmeal, and pot roast yesterday... flash freezing breakfast burritos now to put into the chest freezer...

My goal is to make one or two more meals before Thursday :)

Manna
08-21-2017, 10:06 AM
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking_cat/freezer-food/

You might find some you like in here!