PDA

View Full Version : Random praise thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Melly
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
A positive thread, the rant thread can bring on lots of negative energy so lets bring on that positive energy, do you have a random praise?

Mine is I LOVE my husband more then life itself, and God has put a burning love for him on me today, more so then normal and I love him so much and want to let him know without words how much I love and appreciate him. He is so supportive of things I do, like running CG, he is so supportive of me wanting to go back to school, and he is always telling me how great I am at the things I'm passionate about.

spiersdodgerblue
08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
That's great Mel and really good idea on this thread!

God loves me even when I feel like I do today. (grrrrr day) :(

Beyond Lies
08-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Yay :)

Oh well since you mentioned your husband, I automatically thought about how great my husband is too, LOL. And it's so important I never take him for granted because I've been in a bad marriage in the past, and now I'm in a good marriage, and the difference between my life now and my life then because of my marvelous husband is something I should be thankful for for the rest of my days.

I have never been one to believe in "soul mates" but I do sometimes think he must have been a person who was created just for me.

<3

Manna
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Thank you for offering the counterpart for the thread I started last night! =) (Sorry I didn't open one like this at the same time, would have been a better balance!)

I am in a GOOD PLACE right now!!!! I have been suffering with a crippling depression, and in the last week is has improved GREATLY! I've been...happy! I've had joy! And it's not just situational, it's very real! It's remained even in stressful or should-be-depressing times. I'm affected negatively by those things, but it doesn't send me into the tailspin that it would have even a week ago. And it is absolutely, un-questionably God's doing. He is so Good!!!

Boudica
08-28-2009, 03:49 PM
It's Friday!!!!!!! :)
No work until Monday, and we get to go scalloping tomorrow. Hopefully.

Melly
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
God laid something on my heart just a few moments ago, and it was pretty much something I just discovered about myself, its really a great thing. I have a passion for women, a passion to help women, when I can. When I see women struggling with things I've struggled with, it effects me in away that not many people get effected. Its a very strong passion.

Halcyon Fire
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Loves my D. So glad he got to see his friend Wade today after just Ages and Ages. He's so good to me.

Beyond Lies
08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I am thankful... for FRIDAYS :)

Mama2G
08-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I know without a shadow of a doubt God is real & loves me for me.

Beyond Lies
08-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I have delicious cake!! And rum! Oh happy days :)

<3 Friday

Christina
08-28-2009, 10:12 PM
So thankful for my best friend, for her love and care and concern about me. Never thought I would find someone who totally, so totally understood me. I never did find that friend, but God found her for me. And God is just awesome. God is awesome anyway, but it's an extra special blessing in my life right now.

Praising God for my husband too, despite our troubles this week he still loves me and he is so passive and longsuffering, not to mention loving and caring all at the same time.

snooch
08-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I am so thankful that I'm not going through any of this alone.

Melly
08-29-2009, 04:01 PM
God is good!

My mom called and said she had a dresser for Seth if we wanted it. We been stressed because he has been using the same plastic crappy looking dresser thing for like ever, since 2005 when we lost his dresser in the storm. Well we did what we could, and we been praying about getting a dresser for him, because he has just out grown this one. Well mom got a new dresser for Shay's room well bedroom suit, and is giving this to us :D YAY!

Beyond Lies
08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm truly thankful to the people who helped me escape my horrible life from years ago. Truly thankful. It couldn't have been done with pleasantries and prayers. It couldn't have been done with with silent resolve. It couldn't have been done with hope and wishful thinking. I had to be done with a kick in the rear and a slap to the face, and that's just the way it is. Sound awful? It was. But not everything hard is bad. Not everything negative is cruel. What was worse, was living in a world of my own that I couldn't escape.

Truly thankful.

... Also, I'm feeling very positive about spirituality lately, and that's awesome :)

Soulfire
08-29-2009, 05:36 PM
My new bird is awesome and fun. :D

Melly
08-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Praise God I'm not pregnant :D Hubby thought I was, but I tested this morning, and :yay: I'm not

Sage
08-30-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm thankful my son's crib was recalled! LOL Seriously, we were gonna need bunk beds for the boys. DS1's crib/toddler bed combo was recalled and the store gave us store credit of a 1/3 more than we paid for the thing and with that credit we purchased some bunk beds and only had to pay $10 after applying the credit. How awesome is that!

spiersdodgerblue
08-31-2009, 12:12 AM
I am thankful for the teaching our pastor gave to us this morning, instead of the preaching. We all needed it hear it.

Beyond Lies
08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Praise God I'm not pregnant :D Hubby thought I was, but I tested this morning, and :yay: I'm not
:highfive:

Kelly
08-31-2009, 06:55 AM
I got asked to babysit today.

Melly
08-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Anxiety attack or whatever it was that made me feel awful has passed, and I feel great, woke up at 5:30 on my own, the alarm went off at 6, and I am wide awake, and about to take my little guy to school for his 2nd week of school :)

Boudica
08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Twas a beautiful weekend.

Beyond Lies
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I am sleeping much better since I'm cutting caffeine out of my diet. It's such a relief

Beyond Lies
08-31-2009, 02:54 PM
So excited!!! :D

... :)

Halcyon Fire
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
don't have to cook tonight - yippee!

Kelly
08-31-2009, 03:13 PM
I am sleeping much better since I'm cutting caffeine out of my diet. It's such a relief

I am trying to go caffeine free!

Beyond Lies
08-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I am trying to go caffeine free!

It's worth it, I had no idea what caffeine was really doing to me until now. I'm even more awake mid-day too I know that sounds weird that dropping caffeine has made me MORE awake, but it's true, I'm more alert all-day rather than only briefly alert at points in the day.

Melly
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I feel great, I thought I was getting sick, but amazingly enough the airborne worked :D maybe I should try to eat them more often (ROFL inside joke)... Dinner is cooking and it smells great, its just a perfect day for a pot roast, and to just enjoy cooking and claening, and just relax and be thankful for what God has given me talents included :D

Halcyon Fire
09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
They're filing the PO for me. I'm thankful, but scared. He said it's not a sure thing and will be a hard fight since he's never hit me. We'll see.

Moonkitty
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm thankful for the beach, and that I live close enough to the beach so that when I've had a bad day I can drive out there and relax and recharge. For some reason life's problems don't see so bad when I'm at the beach.

katzankatz
09-02-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm thankful that we're FINALLY back to a 2-vehicle family. I have and amazing husband who removed an engine, took it apart, fixed what was broken, and put it all back together - all by himself. Took him almost 2 months, but it saved us thousands of dollars!

snooch
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm thankful for the beach, and that I live close enough to the beach so that when I've had a bad day I can drive out there and relax and recharge. For some reason life's problems don't see so bad when I'm at the beach.

I completely agree! When I'm having a hard day, I meet my husband for lunch at the beach and it really helps to calm me.

I'm thankful that today, God handled the crisis, and all I had to do was the legwork. One more fire put out. They can keep starting them, but God'll keep putting them out. :)

Kelly
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm happy that today is clothesline weather, and I can do lots of laundry!

And that I'm going to my last cat show of 2009 on September 12.

And for Jeremy's new job, and getting more hours.

Halcyon Fire
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
love cat shows. need to look some up in Amarillo and take the girls.

spiersdodgerblue
09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I am thankful to God that He has provided more than we need. Love, Forgiveness, family, health, work, material ideas. Today I feel very blessed. Wish I could or would feel this everyday (Just for the Love & forgiveness) but some days are better than others.

Halcyon Fire
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow
I hope it's as good as last friday
I didn't tell ya'll

Randi and I lit shabbat candles for the first time together
it was such a moving religious experience, so much peace for me
very different
I'm not much about religious things
this was so cool though

Beyond Lies
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm thankful for challenging situations.

They only make me stronger.

Beyond Lies
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow
I hope it's as good as last friday
I didn't tell ya'll

Randi and I lit shabbat candles for the first time together
it was such a moving religious experience, so much peace for me
very different
I'm not much about religious things
this was so cool though

That's awesome :)

Halcyon Fire
09-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I thought it was. I said the prayer and helped Randi and I really did feel this overwhelming sense of peace. Like I do when I'm laying in bed and I talk to God and feel really close.

Kelly
09-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Happy that my mom had a better day at her new job. She quit a 10 year job in June, and this is the first job since. It's a temporary gig at a busy university bookstore for the start of the school year... for 2, maybe 3 weeks.

She did receiving yesterday in the stock room and it was very stressful.
Today she had cash training, and she has sales and retail experience so it went well, and she was asked to work an extra day because of it.

Boudica
09-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I praise God for that beautiful full moon this morning.

Beyond Lies
09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Nothing better than coming back to work after 2 days sick leave, and finding no back-pike of work... AND one last diet-pepsi in the company fridge (I always have to compete for these!). Must be my lucky day :P

It's the simple things in life at the end of the day that make me happy <3

Melly
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Praise GOD, that my husband was spared his life, praise God, that he did not lose a leg, praise God, that it was just part of a toe, praise God that so far they are able to save it. I have so much to be thankful for. SO MUCH! I love my husband so very very much, and in the shower it just hit me, all at once, that it could have been so very much worse... PRAISE GOD!

Sage
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Someone at my homeschool group gave me two Math-U-See curriculums FREE! That's worth over $100!

Ramura
09-06-2009, 05:57 PM
My bridesmaids dress fits! And my parents are even paying for it to be adjusted so I can actually breathe in it!

My dad fixed my brakes in my car (and payed for all the materials).

And I don't have to work tomorrow.

Beyond Lies
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I am absolutely thrilled :) (vague, I know, but still.. I am!)

Beyond Lies
09-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I just got the monthly numbers in (for work). Every time I think the company is slowing down, I'm constantly surprised to see that we are doing better than ever! We are holding steady month to month, and we're outputting more than almost any other year recorded back to 2003 (which is how far back my records take me at the moment). We have weathered the whole recession like pros. SO thankful for my job. <3

Kelly
09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a cat show on Saturday.

Melly
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a peace that is in my heart right now, despite everything going on in my life.

Beyond Lies
09-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I found people like me!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :egyptian: <--- me

Oh thank goodness... so thankful. It's just good not to feel alone and crazy some days.

Beyond Lies
09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok weirdest thing ever to be thankful for, but: I'm thankful for my bills.

I love paying off my bills every month, I do them all in one day on the first payday we have in that month, I knock them all out in one swoop, and I think it feels AWESOME. I love being square and even with everything, and I know each month I have enough money to cover everything.

Some people fear bills every month, but I don't have to fear them, and I am very thankful for that. It reminds me not to take things like this for granted, because there were times in my life where I couldn't meet my bills each month, and that was scary.

Melly
09-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Lynn, I do not think that is weird at all.. I can see how we should be thankful for them, without our bills, that would say we don't have things. I can say I'm thankful for my bills, I am, I just hate forking out the money LOL... But I love my things :D ....

Beyond Lies
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I hear ya :rotfl:

Moonkitty
09-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Ok weirdest thing ever to be thankful for, but: I'm thankful for my bills.

I love paying off my bills every month, I do them all in one day on the first payday we have in that month, I knock them all out in one swoop, and I think it feels AWESOME. I love being square and even with everything, and I know each month I have enough money to cover everything.

Some people fear bills every month, but I don't have to fear them, and I am very thankful for that. It reminds me not to take things like this for granted, because there were times in my life where I couldn't meet my bills each month, and that was scary.

LOL. I remember way back when my hubby and I first got together and we were so poor and broke, and I dreaded the bill every month cause I never knew how I was going to pay for them all. It was so nice when we moved into a smaller place and we had better paying jobs and the bills were no longer scary. I remember how if felt to pay all the bills and still have money left over. It was a great feeling.

Melly
09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Its nothing big, but I got a sonic drink today, and as I turned a curve, the drink tipped over, but it didn't spill lol... YAY cus I would have been so mad cus I was craving this drink :P

Beyond Lies
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I put this in random thoughts, but it's also somewhat of a praise as well. I was baptized by water five years ago today, on September 11 of '04 -- though it was 2 or 3 years after accepting Christ in the first place. I never considered water baptism to be "essential" or "mandatory".. it's just something I opted to do when it felt right.

Melly
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
aww thats sweet, happy birth by water lol, I guess, not sure you would call it that or not... Not sure I call it that lol.. I don't think baptismal saves anyone, but I think its a great thing to remember :)

Beyond Lies
09-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm desperately thankful that no matter what happens, time keeps ticking. Time marches on, and everything does pass. Sounds odd but I'm just glad that time heals all wounds (something I've learned over the past decade, for sure).

Moonkitty
09-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I am thankful for great friends.

Melly
09-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I am thankful that God is with my dad, and that he is in good hands. I'm also thankful, that God helped me to wake up feeling rested and ready to face whatever may come today.

Kelly
09-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Jeremy was supposed to get paid from 2 of his jobs before our weekend to the cat show, and one pays by cheque and he didn't get his cheque before the weekend. We didn't know if we'd have enough money (we paid off some bills), and we had enough for our trip, and even to get some cheese at a cheese farm on the way home.

Oliver was BEST HOUSEHOLD PET and Hibou was 3rd Best Longhair.

Melly
09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
God is starting to set things in place in all aspects of my life, its still taking a lot but I'm starting to see some changes :)

Beyond Lies
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I just found out my church has Midnight Mass on Christmas eve! Yippee! I thought such a tiny church wouldn't offer it. I love midnight mass <3

Halcyon Fire
09-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I got on the program! Half the daycare bill... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful.

Beyond Lies
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm finding myself more confident with my beliefs than ever before in my entire life. I'm enjoying the simplicity of being able to tell people (on a few other forums, not this one) what I really think and believe when they ask questions or post topics, and I'm doing it without fear. That's new to me!

I'm learning that if people whine and shout, it doesn't need to affect me... that's their negativity and not mine!

I feel renewed, and empowered.

Loving it <3

spiersdodgerblue
09-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I praise God that He stopped a big blow out and He made a way for me to correct something.

(nothing to do with being on here) sad we have to put this here,but.....we do.

Melly
09-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I can go grocery shopping lol... I can pay bills monday, I never knew how much I'd be grateful for that. My family is safe and ok. There are people who do really care. God is also amazing.

Beyond Lies
09-18-2009, 03:17 PM

http://christsgarden.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79959&postcount=4 (http://christsgarden.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79959&postcount=4)

:egyptian:

~Kellee~
09-19-2009, 02:12 AM
I am sooooo happy I am finally learning to drive our car. It's a manual transmission and we've had it for ever a year but because of my anxiety I haven't been able to do it. Today we went out driving, because I really have to learn it now, and I didn't have any freak outs or anything like that. I only stalled once too and managed up our hill just fine. Yay!

spiersdodgerblue
09-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Good for you girl!

~Kellee~
09-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Good for you girl!

Lol thanks. It may sound silly to some but this is a big deal for me, I have a ton of driving anxiety and living where we do with all the hills doesn't help :P

MsDahl
09-19-2009, 12:01 PM

http://christsgarden.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79959&postcount=4 (http://christsgarden.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79959&postcount=4)

:egyptian:

Wow, BeyondAshes, that's really praiseworthy. You sound like you are exactly where God wants you to be. I hope the best for your spiritual journey :)

Melly
09-19-2009, 03:07 PM
We got our paycheck today and it was way more then we were expecting... from workers comp, he was paid for 2 weeks, because they were processing last week :) Praise God, we sure did need it. I heard the sigh of relief in my husbands voice.

MsDahl
09-19-2009, 04:11 PM
yay, melly!!

Beyond Lies
09-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Good stuff Melly :)

My praise for today: I have a real calling to help other Liberal Christians, or borderline- and non-Christians who felt rejected by their former peers and left God as a result. I've spent all morning formatting a website for Progressive Christianity. I'm uber excited. This is the only thing I'm good at in life (websites)... I might as well be productive with it.

It's turning out better than I could have hoped for. I like to keep my sites simple and free from crazy coding (html and css is what I like to stick with). I didn't think I could make exactly what I wanted without breaking out the javascript, but actually it's coming along really well. :)

Kelly
09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
That after bills were paid, Jeremy actually had money left over, and we can finally start saving money for our wedding in April.

Beyond Lies
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Church was basically awesome, the Priest was discussing their Sunday School program called Godly Play which started this Sunday-- and he went into a small rant about what is and is not important to teach children in Sunday School. He said "I don't care if they know how many giraffes were on Noah's ark, it's only a MYTH!"

I was pretty reserved in appearance, but on the inside I was basically doing this: :dance: :egyptian: :dance:

I am so blessed to have found this guy.

Melly
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
My MIL did call back and apologize after she called and wanted us to give her things she does not need to have. She did finally see her self in the wrong, and that is something I been praying about, because she is the type that never and I mean NEVER admits when she is wrong. :)

spiersdodgerblue
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I have my AC working again, OH praise God! And the disposal is also working yay!

Kelly
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Went to the dentist and no cavities

Melly
09-22-2009, 04:44 PM
My hubby gets to keep his toe :D

spiersdodgerblue
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I played my first round (18 holes) of golf this morning with my 20 year old son Reggie and we had a blast!

And I don't feel like I got hit by a car :)
I know...it's a bit early for this statement lol

spiersdodgerblue
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Praise God Melly!

Mama2G
09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Had a great time today with some wonderful Moms!

Shauna~Marie
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
We applied for a house and got it!!! I cant believe it! Im so happy! No more annoying apartment complexes! I will now have a guestroom for when my MOTHER!!! and Father come to VISIT!!! And the rest of our friends who come stay with us. I will finally have my own washer and drying in my house.. no longer will I have to scrounge for quarters or walk across the complex to the laundry room! But most importantly!!! I will have a backyard with green grass where my little girl can play outside to her hearts delight! Thank you Jesus! Im cant wait!! One more month and we get to move in! I start packing today!

Im so happy:love:

spiersdodgerblue
09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
/

Melly
09-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Smells fresh air all around her :) I feel that God is bringing me through the darkness into the light, and it feels great to finally get out of this slump :)

MsDahl
09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Smells fresh air all around her :) I feel that God is bringing me through the darkness into the light, and it feels great to finally get out of this slump :)

This is basically what my praise is, too!

Xinnamon
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
We applied for a house and got it!!! I cant believe it! Im so happy! No more annoying apartment complexes! I will now have a guestroom for when my MOTHER!!! and Father come to VISIT!!! And the rest of our friends who come stay with us. I will finally have my own washer and drying in my house.. no longer will I have to scrounge for quarters or walk across the complex to the laundry room! But most importantly!!! I will have a backyard with green grass where my little girl can play outside to her hearts delight! Thank you Jesus! Im cant wait!! One more month and we get to move in! I start packing today!

Im so happy:love:

Woohoo! Congratulations!! :D

Halcyon Fire
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
My ex paid 1000.00 toward his back child support yesterday! Now I can get the fridge and stove I WANT instead of ones that would fit in my meager budget before.

Kelly
09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I registered for another online course yesterday, Conservation.
I just finished Veterinary Assisting.

Beyond Lies
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
"I hope that people your age, your mentality and spiritual vision will find the church. You are vital, not just for the church but for Christianity. "

.... *squee* WOW! I was told this!!! feel so useful for the first time in forever! :egyptian:

So good ^^

spiersdodgerblue
09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I just got to talk on the phone to the sweeties 2 year old I know. Oh she just has new words every time I talk to her.

I praise God for her!

jelvenko
09-26-2009, 02:56 AM
I woke up the other day with really bad cramps. My wonderful husband told me to skip school and rest, then went to town and got me Mydol, pads, and chocolate. :) He was also going to get a heating pad, but couldn't find a decent one that we could afford. But it was the thought that counted.
I love him more than words can tell!

Halcyon Fire
09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Lol. Now I have 1200 MORE in my account because my taxes came through. haha! Sure I have to sign over part of that AFTER I pay the accountant, but it's so cool to finally NOT be struggling for funds! HELLO new fridge and stove. God is so good to me and my girlies. Maybe I'll get them some new stuff this weekend.

Christina
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
In the midst of all this trauma.......

WE WON 500 bucks!!! Woot!! June 27th Ken went to a family rifle day at the local rifle club, and threw a ticket in the raffle! Today they showed up at his business with 500 cash for him, he got the top prize!!!

i feel like an idiot for not believing God was going to help provide the way for me to go on my trip in March LOL

Kelly
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Jeremy and I went on Saturday to do some things in the city, and we went to visit my friend. I had not seen her outside of church, since October, last year. And since she moved to the city in the summer, she's not going to church here now. We had a really good day there. It's hard to keep a friendship going just writing on the Internet and we sorted out a lot of problems that we had. We hope to go visit again soon, and maybe we can eventually move there.

Jeremy made more money in September compared to August... about DOUBLE. He left a job and started a new job, it pays the same, but has more hours.

Melly
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Is praising God for the things he is doing in my life. And praise God for the direction CG is going in, Praise God for my husband, he told me to relax and he cleaned the house, fixed me dinner, and has just been a real big sweetie :D

~Kellee~
10-11-2009, 02:51 AM
I was worried about money this month. We had enough to pay bills and gas to get to work with zero wiggle room. Yesterday we got a surprise check in the mail so now I can do the other things I needed to do this month. God is good :)

Sam
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
We had a great time yesterday!

MsDahl
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow, I finally completed my children's writing course that I started in 2005!!! lol I had to take a leave of absence at one point, a few times my lessons were submitted late and my husband was gone off an on for about 8 months during that time, but I did it. And now, I just need to resolve going through the rejection letters to become published.

spiersdodgerblue
10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Awww (rejection letters) :(

You did though! Praise God and Congrats to you!

MsDahl
10-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks, spiersdodgerblue :) I've already had 2 rejection letters that set me back in a bad way last year (2008). It's been a while since I've tried to submit again. I so badly want to make this a lucrative career move for myself (writing for children and parents) and having this certificate is very encouraging.

Ramura
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Most new writers go through many, many rejection letters. In fact, almost all of them do. Don't lose heart! This is just the beginning.

Congrats on completing your course. :)

Melly
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
If hubby's boss can find a spot for him in the office, he gets to start work Monday WOOT!!!

snooch
10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
My husband has been working 6 days a week, 60-80 hours a week, for several weeks now. His boss just handed him an envelope thanking him for all the hard work and overtime, and said to take his wife (me! :D) out to dinner. It was only $100, not a lot of money for the amount of work he's been doing, but it made him feel like his efforts were recognized and appreciated, and it refreshed his spirit. So I'm very happy for that :)

Melly
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
My husband has been working 6 days a week, 60-80 hours a week, for several weeks now. His boss just handed him an envelope thanking him for all the hard work and overtime, and said to take his wife (me! :D) out to dinner. It was only $100, not a lot of money for the amount of work he's been doing, but it made him feel like his efforts were recognized and appreciated, and it refreshed his spirit. So I'm very happy for that :)

Yes but with a $100.00 you can go eat pretty good :D

snooch
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes but with a $100.00 you can go eat pretty good :D

You betcha! :D

~Kellee~
10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
This may sound silly to some but does God ever comfort you through dreams? Last night I had the BEST dream about Dh. I was visiting him in boot camp and all we did in the dream was talk and at the end of the dream he gave me the best hug. I woke up in a fantastic mood and missing Dh a lot less. It led to a very positive day :)

Moonkitty
10-15-2009, 08:35 AM
We went to see my daughter's Pediatrician yesterday. Josie is doing better, her fever broke. But she is still coughing a lot. Anyways it was such a rough week last week between starting a new job, all the trouble I went through to get the job, then my car breaking down, Josie getting so sick--all this on the week we were suppose to be going on a free vacation to the beach!

Well during the course of the office visit all of this just came out. And the doctor was so sweet and kind and just really took the time to listen to me and be a comfort. I know doctors are so busy and have little time, that the fact that she took a few extra minutes to listen to us just really touch me very much.

Mama2G
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
He may be finally coming around!

Melly
10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Praise God, I love my Job, Praise God he gave me a job, I didn't even ask for this job, but I love it, and God knows our needs, he knows I can use an extra 100 a week. And so far it looks like thats about as much as I'll be making, because mom is on over time. Which I honestly do not mind, I enjoy having my house filled with kids, if I could be 100% sure I'd not have ppd again, I'd have more, and not just that, but feel at ease in my finances to provide. I know its not a good time, but that is ok, I'll enjoy someone elses kids :D God has really placed kids on my heart, I've always LOVED kids... I look forward to taking care of them...

~Kellee~
10-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I just got a letter from Dh and he sounds like he's doing well! It's a good day :D

Melly
10-16-2009, 04:50 PM
God is amazing, I think he is using this insomnia to teach me patients. I need to learn them, and I think I've passed the test, I've been really great, and my husband said "If no sleep makes you this good, you just need to give up on sleep" HAHA... I don't think its the no sleep, its having something more in my life.

Melly
10-23-2009, 12:12 PM
My husbands headaches are GONE! woot!

Moonkitty
10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
My husbands headaches are GONE! woot!

:yay:

Yay! I hope the headache stays gone!

Melly
10-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Thank you God for giving me a mother who is more then a mother to me, a mother who never left me, a mother who always wanted the best for me, and a mother who put her kids first. THANK YOU!

Moonkitty
10-27-2009, 06:32 AM
I have a great boss, and I am enjoying my job.

DIANAC
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Thank you, Lord, for this new morning! And for your new mercies. And thank you for my family and that I can make a breakfast for them.

Boudica
10-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Thank you Lord for the rain!

Melly
10-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Thank you God for my Wonderful husband :)

Moonkitty
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Thank you Lord for the rain!

You're getting rain? No fair. LOL.

WanderingJuniper
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Praise God for my husband finally having a day off. And for the poor communication of a production compnay who through their error is giving me more billable work to stock away for Christmas.

Boudica
10-27-2009, 09:38 AM
You're getting rain? No fair. LOL.

It rained overnight. ;)

Thank you Lord for a negative result

Melly
10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Praise God for Facebook, I know that sounds kinda weird, but I reconnected with an old friend, well she use to be family, she married my cousin, but we were friends long before that, we were best of friends in Kindergarten, she was my first ever best friend, and we been chatting, and its great to meet up with her again :) we have similar lives right now too.

DIANAC
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Praise God for my husband finally having a day off. And for the poor communication of a production compnay who through their error is giving me more billable work to stock away for Christmas.

:thumbsup:

Sam
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Thank you God for a great weekend that lifted and refreshed our spirits.

DIANAC
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Praise God for a mistake! An email sent in error gave an opportunity for my friend who estranged herself from me because of theology to seek reconciliation.

MsDahl
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Praise God for a mistake! An email sent in error gave an opportunity for my friend who estranged herself from me because of theology to seek reconciliation.

The Internet can be such a blessing at times. What a nice experience.

MsDahl
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I cried tears of joy today.....those are some of the sweetest tears for me.

DIANAC
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I did not expect for this evening to turn out so well....I asked for guidance, and He answered it!

katzankatz
10-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I am praising God for salvation this week. My dear sister went to heaven to be with Jesus last Saturday. Life is hard, but God is good. All the time.

snooch
10-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I am praising God for salvation this week. My dear sister went to heaven to be with Jesus last Saturday. Life is hard, but God is good. All the time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I understand there is praise in this as well, but I know losing someone you are close to is not at all easy for those still here.

DIANAC
10-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Amen!
Sorry for your loss. Our momentary troubles do not compare to glories of Heaven!

Melly
10-29-2009, 07:26 AM
The bad news is, I'm super tired, and its not raining outside, the goodnews is, I have a job :)

Xinnamon
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I get to see my family again in a month. :)

GM
10-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Bible Study was amazing today :) Great group of ladies :)

~Kellee~
10-29-2009, 11:39 PM
It was able to get home early and got to spend the evening with a kid that just melts my heart.

Melly
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Its raining, and I love the rain :D

~Kellee~
11-01-2009, 10:19 AM
My SIL has started going to NA meetings and texted me yesterday to make ammends with me. I haven't spoken to her in almost a year because there was something that I did apparently. Well, yesterday she apologized to me and admitted she was wrong. Trust me, for her to even admit that she has done anything wrong is HUGE, let alone apologize for it.

quiet_dove
11-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I actually got a full night of sleep last night, which was such a relief after not being able to get to sleep until 4 AM the night before.

purplecloth
11-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you Lord for this break away, for all you are teaching me, for all you are showing me. Help me to really sort out your plan for me, at least bring me clarity of the next step. Make it crystal clear.

Melly
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
God really took a bad situation and turned it around to be something extremely awesome. I had the mom of the girls I watch, come to me and ask me if I new of any good churches around here, and then tell me that being around me has made her want to get back into Church because she sees God in me. WOW, what a blessing, what a wonderful thing for someone to tell you. I wanted to cry, ok I did just a little. But Praise God for strengthening me, and shinning through me.

Hope
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
What a great message at church today! I am so thankful God led me to this church.

DIANAC
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Even though this church that we tried today is not for me, Thank you Lord, for opening new churches in our area. Praise You that Your Word is proclaimed!

Sam
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I had a pretty good day today.

Moonkitty
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
My last customers of the day yesterday were very nice. They took FOREVER (almost an hour) to decide what pictures they wanted, and I was afraid it was something I was doing wrong, but they were very happy when I rang them up.

DIANAC
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
God really took a bad situation and turned it around to be something extremely awesome. I had the mom of the girls I watch, come to me and ask me if I new of any good churches around here, and then tell me that being around me has made her want to get back into Church because she sees God in me. WOW, what a blessing, what a wonderful thing for someone to tell you. I wanted to cry, ok I did just a little. But Praise God for strengthening me, and shinning through me.
Melly, this is Christianity 101.
Mat 5:16 let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Boudica
11-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Praise God that my husband is almost over his poison ivy. Poor thing has had it for three weeks now.

purplecloth
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
i got taken out today by terry and laeoni!!!! they are such a lovely couple!

MsDahl
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh my goodness....family stopped by to surprise us with an working washer/dryer combo set that they found on the side of the road for free!! The elderly gentleman had purchased a new set and gave that one to his son but his son decided he didn't want it for whatever reason. Since FIL drives a pickup truck, he picked it up and brought it to us....can't wait to finally wash a load of clothes at home!!! yay!!!

Sam
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh my goodness....family stopped by to surprise us with an working washer/dryer combo set that they found on the side of the road for free!! The elderly gentleman had purchased a new set and gave that one to his son but his son decided he didn't want it for whatever reason. Since FIL drives a pickup truck, he picked it up and brought it to us....can't wait to finally wash a load of clothes at home!!! yay!!!
Thats Awesome Ms D!!!

My praise: My little bitty teeny tiny baby is 6 months old today! My goodness where doesw the time go?

Melly
11-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh that must be nice... I can't wait to have my own again, but I need my own place or a place that has hook ups for it first.. I hate spending nearly 3 bucks for 1 load of clothes, thats wash and dry...

My random praise, my husband hasn't had a headache in about a week :D WEEEEE...

Hope
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
The budget's been tight lately, but my hard-working hubby made a lot of extra $$$ this payday...we can catch up and breathe again..and get ready for the holidays!!! :)

spiersdodgerblue
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I love to hear that, glad for you both and I praise God for this blessing!

DIANAC
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Praise God for trials, big and small!

WanderingJuniper
11-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I just received the largest check for work completed in 3 years! We are finally current with every single bill we have and get quotes for some work that needs to be done around our home.

MsDahl
11-07-2009, 12:08 AM
That's awesome, July! That must feel so secure and security can make our burdens feel nonexistent.

Melly
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I only am working a 3.5 hour shift tomorrow, and mom was an hour early today. Makes up for that hour late yesterday.

Melly
11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a wonderful husband. He let me sleep in this morning, and Jessica knocked on the door, and asked if I could keep the baby for an hour, and hubby said "No, I'm not waking her up, she is exhausted and just needs a break, shes getting burned out fast and she just needs a break." and that was that. <3

MsDahl
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Aw, Melly, that's awesome. That is what I love about marriage, the way each spouse protects the other.

Kelly
11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Went to lunch with my dad, his three sisters, and his cousin & his wife... with FH. FH and I went to church.

spiersdodgerblue
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Had a wonderful time at church today. Husband preached on the Persecuted church, the guest youth worship group was timely and wonderful and the video before the sermon was spot on! Everything just flowed! I thank you God for all you always do!

Sam
11-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I am just so thankful that Cassy is so healthy. She had her 6 month checkup and is the picture of health!

DIANAC
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I just adore that photo of Cassy, stretching and covered with her blanket..

~Kellee~
11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
DH called today and I got to talk to him for 10 minutes!!!! :D It was so nice to hear his voice and know that he's doing well. Only two more weeks to go :banana:

Mama2G
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
God is good!

GM
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I will lift up mine eyes to the hills
from whence cometh my help,
my help cometh from the Lord,
the Lord which made Heaven and Earth.

He said He would not suffer thy foot,
thy foot to be moved;
the Lord which keepeth thee,
He will not slumber nor sleep.

Oh the Lord is thy keeper,
the Lord is thy shade
upon thy right hand,
upon thy right hand.

No, the sun shall not smite thee by day,
nor the moon by night,
He shall preserve thy soul
even forever more.

My help, my help, my help,
all of my help cometh from the Lord.

Xinnamon
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I can't wait to see my family! :) Glad that my dad is able to take some time off work so that we can have a little family trip.

Melly
11-09-2009, 06:37 AM
I was about to get fed up and throw a fit, and then God kicked me in the gut and told me to straighten up, and sent me a blessing in disguise :)... It doesn't seem like much to some, but mom of the kids I watch was running late, and I thought for sure they weren't coming because she was mad I didn't watch the baby yesterday, well I'm watching them, and that is not the case at all, shes not mad at all at me, and baby hadn't been feeling well, and she took baby to the doc this weekend, and found out baby has a small cold, and is on medication, and is sleeping so sound right now aww. I love when she comes over asleep, means I can get things done early.

Hope
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I've been under the weather for two weeks, but I'm finally feeling almost normal! I still have a cough and congestion, but my energy is back and I was able to clean the house, do laundry, spend time with my family...Praise God for renewed energy! :)

I'm also praising God for the sermon at church yesterday. I have yet to hear a message from my pastor that wasn't completely relevant to my life that week. It seems like there's a theme running through each week and then suddenly the pastor is preaching to that very theme! LOL God is working in my life in such amazing ways.

Kelly
11-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Mom starts her job tomorrow and I *might* go to Disneyworld and Florida next November with my friend's family.

~Kellee~
11-30-2009, 10:19 PM
I had the most amazing time in TX. We drove the whole way and there were no issues with that, both sides of DH's family got along exceptionally well, and people were really understanding of the fact that Dh and I wanted time alone together. DH's parents also surprised us with a new computer for his bday/graduation/christmas present. We desperately needed one too. His was 10 yrs old and my laptop would randomly die whenever it felt like it. I'm very blessed :)

Kelly
12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I am going to Disneyworld in October!
My mom loves her new job!

purplecloth
12-24-2009, 04:44 AM
I just have to post this!

My DDDDDDDDDDDDDDH has decided he isn't going to sit back and let christmas not happen around him at work. Instead he has taken full control of it all on camp and is organising Christmas dinner for the expats. Getting the caterers to do the full meal, table cloth on the table and everything. He is even searching for how to make bread sauce and stuffing online and then translating it into french for the chef!

It might not seem much to many, but to me it's amazing and a true answer to prayer and something else which just makes it easier for me sit back and enjoy christmas myself.

Thank you Lord.

DIANAC
12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Thank you purplecloth for this testimony!
God is good!
And Thank you for "resurrecting" this thread.

purplecloth
12-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Well I have even better news!

It went perfectly! The chef did them proud. They had their own table laid out in the bar looking all christmasy, they found decorations, and a tree (which they put together upside down as they have never seen a christmas tree before being muslims in a muslim country)

They chef did them turkey, a beef wellington, ALL the trimmings and DH said it was fantastic!

But it's because he took control and made it happen that it went like this. Which I tried to tell him, but since they and finished off 2 bottles of Vodka between the 5 of them when he rang I'm not sure what he will remember.

But thank you SO much Lord that DH's Christmas went so well. It is a true blessing to me to know that he was able to celebrate it so well, and also to see his growth through events like this.

THANK YOU!

Virginia
12-27-2009, 12:11 AM
I received an extra $150 I was NOT expecting! :-D What a blessing...

purplecloth
12-30-2009, 07:13 PM
The Lord is showing me amazing things through this whole process.

Who ever thought that internal analysis could be such a great thing.

purplecloth
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
It's official, I fnished the year lighter than I started it. With all the hassles I've had since the band I'm made up. Thank you GOD. And I pray that between us we can do the same with 2010!

Melly
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm getting my IUD out soon :) that is a huge praise report.

DIANAC
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Today an 82 year old man came to a Bible study in our house, for the first time in his life! He had so many questions. He was so very hungry for the word of God. Thank you Lord, for such huge blessing! I never-never thought that the "gambler - Georgie", "Atlantic City-Georgie" would be studying God's Word. Again, it just proves that Nothing is impossible with God. This just humbles me so.

Kelly
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Mom and Stepdad finally supportive of me getting married in April

GM
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
My parents are a blessing :)

Melly
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Per request, I have made this thread a sticky

Thanks,
Staff

Christina
01-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Melly made my logo today!! Yay melly! Only 53 days until I leave to go to Australia for a month! Woohoo. Life is good. i wrote a huge note on FB, it's about time, and it was so good. I am just so happy!

purplecloth
01-08-2010, 04:48 AM
My FIL make it to hospital and has the medication he needs. Thank you Lord for sorting this in a way that meant I didn't need to do more than I was comfortable with.

purplecloth
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I was SO worried about telling DH about what went on yesterday, and while he is upset, he isn't upset with me.

Thank you Lord than my husband understand how this effects me and supports me.

Kelly
01-10-2010, 10:14 PM
getting married in april!!! yay

~Kellee~
01-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I move in just two weeks :D

Ramura
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
There is a light at the end of this tunnel. More importantly, there's an even brighter, stronger light right here beside me that will get me there. Thank you Jesus. You have been faithful when I have been the epitome of faithlessness. I love you.

purplecloth
01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I had the most amazing experience in the bath this evening.

Thank you Lord!!!

spiersdodgerblue
01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
So I have the flu and feel like crud. I showered got dressed cleaned the house, cause I know that would make me feel better. Sat on the couch & watched some T.V., my son comes in after going to hubby's shop to get payroll check and he brings me this big red bag......Roseanne, hubby's office manager got me a sick bag of goodies...awww that was so sweet! And everything is in it, I love it! Crackers, 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, 2 boxes cup of soup, 7 up, Gatorade, Tea bags and honey, liquid Theraflu and Chap stick! I'm over whelmed.

I feel God caring for me in my husbands absents and I give Him the glory and praise! Roseanne is a believer and I praise God for her servants heart!

edit: I forgot, she got me 3 big Swiss milk chocolate bars. :high5:

Ramura
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM
"I've been so afraid
Afraid to close my eyes.
So much could slip away
Before I say goodbye.
But if there's no other way,
I'm done asking why."

These lyrics are an excerpt from the song "Hold my Heart" by Tenth Avenue North. I heard it on the radio this morning and it really touched me. God knows how to reach my heart. This song as a whole and especially that excerpt, was exactly what I needed to hear.

Melly
01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
For the first time in a while, I feel like God is really speaking too me. I understand him better since I started reading out of the ESV, thanks btw to whomever told me about that.

For the first time in my life, I feel like I could sit and read the bible all day long.

GM
01-16-2010, 02:55 PM
God He reigns
God He reigns
Holy is the Lord of Heaven
God He reigns
God He reins
Forever more.

And I will sing
I will sing praises forever more.

Hope
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you, God, for a relaxing, unscheduled day! :)

Boudica
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
God is a God of love and faithfulness.
He will catch me if I fall
He gives me peace in my times of sorrow
And he rejoices in my happiness

purplecloth
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I want to thank God for using yesterday to show me another area of growth in my life.

MsDahl
01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm bursting with hope and appreciation for making a surprise connection with my older brother and his family at this point in my life.

snooch
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm bursting with hope and appreciation for making a surprise connection with my older brother and his family at this point in my life.

That's really wonderful :hug:

jelvenko
01-19-2010, 08:46 AM
My aunt is doing better!
I know I haven't posted anything about her on here yet, so here's a little background as to what's going on...

Back in September, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer. It's been a huge battle for her.

Just this past week, she went back to Mayo Clinic to see how the treatments are going. Turns out that the tumor is half the size it was. Plus, the spots on her liver have disappeared! And her blood work came back good. :D

Praise God that my aunt is getting better. :) (This aunt is my mom's sister for those who are wondering.)

Boudica
01-21-2010, 07:37 PM
It's not cancer!!!!!!! :) :) :) Still have more testing to do to figure out what is wrong, but it's not cancer! Praise God.

I am a little disappointed in myself for not having enough faith to begin with. But it's not cancer!!!!!!

DIANAC
01-22-2010, 07:20 AM
It's not cancer!!!!!!! :) :) :) Still have more testing to do to figure out what is wrong, but it's not cancer! Praise God.

I am a little disappointed in myself for not having enough faith to begin with. But it's not cancer!!!!!!

Praise God!
Don't be disappointed with yourself. You are not a prophet. You trusted Him with cancer or not! He chose NOT CANCER.

I am happy-happy-happy for you!

spiersdodgerblue
01-22-2010, 07:57 AM

I will praise God for this great news! I am so happy for you.

purplecloth
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
This evenings CCT service was amazing. Thank you Lord for leading me to the right person who prayed for me this evening and for talking to me through her. You are amazing Lord.

Kelly
01-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Found my wedding dress!

purplecloth
01-30-2010, 05:55 AM
The Lord answered my prayer today! Thank you!

DIANAC
01-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Praise you Father in Heaven that Your word is sufficient for every thing in my life. Thank You for sufficiency of Christ. Thank You for Holy Spirit guiding me into all truths. Praise you for daily teaching me these things! Praise You!

quiet_dove
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you, Holy Father, for helping me and my brother grow a bit closer after years and years of him ignoring my existence. I finally don't have to feel ashamed about what he must think of me anymore!

MsDahl
01-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Yay for awesome coworkers, mine gave me a bread machine the other day because I mentioned wanting one in passing. We made pizza this weekend using it and it was so yummy. The best part??? No sticky, floury fingers!! hehe Let the bread making begin!

Melly
01-31-2010, 06:57 PM
oh how sweet :D MsD :D

MsDahl
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Yea it was, she's really nice to me. I can see us becoming great friends even though there is a huge age gap between us (30 years most likely).

mina
01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I praise God today because He did an amazing thing in communicating with my mother today. She and I had a very good long talk about God and other things in life; things that I previously felt that she was closed off with discussing with me or would be frustrated with me about. It was nice to see God's hand in helping us to have a good talking time togehter.

Hope
02-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I had the best time with friends today. After three years without close female friends IRL (and even longer without healthy friendships), my circle of friends is suddenly growing by leaps and bounds. Now there are six of us who regularly get together, attend church together, go to Bible study together...it's amazing. I'm so excited. :)

GM
02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Visited a different church tonight (locally) and had an amazing service. Just worship/praise and lots of prayer. I'm still emotional from it.

~Kellee~
02-02-2010, 11:05 PM
God has been SOO good to DH and I these last few months. I'm loving it in MS and it's so wonderful seeing DH everyday. I finally feel like we're in a place to make positive steps towards our future.

Boudica
02-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Thank you God :) I love you

Melly
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The best blessing in my life is Seth, and I've had a lousy day, and he melted my heart just a few moments ago, its amazing that God uses the smallest people to make you feel ontop again :)

DIANAC
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Praise You, Father! Your ways are mysterious and perfect. Today, at the Gym you led an older Iranian man to approach me as I was exercising. He asked me for a Bible. I gave him mine. We spoke. What an unusual place for such encounter! Praise You, Father! Praise You, Spirit! Praise You, Eternal Son!

Virginia
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
A kind stranger who was driving by as I tried desperately to finish digging my car out this morning stopped and helped me... and praise GOD because there's no way I could've done it alone- he had to push the car while I floored the gas just to get it out... :D

Melly
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Its Monday, and its a great day :) I feel really great. I feel probably better then I have in a long time, its amazing what eating right and exercising can do for you.

GM
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Dr. Said my Urine looked good :D I thought I had a UTI so that's good news. No blood work either. Woohoo!!!! I'm happy :P Just waiting for Pap results now :D

Virginia
02-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I had a blast teaching the Charleston today...hehe

Mama2G
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Meeting new people everyday is such a blessing ya never know when you may need someone.

Melly
02-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm just blessed, I've lost 5lbs the healthy way, I have a husband who loves me, and its showing more and more everyday, I have a sweet little boy, and the best thing is, Jesus is my savor :)... Like I said, I'm blessed.

MsDahl
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
ohmygosh ohmygosh !!! I'm gonna start my cleanse program tomorrow (hubby came home just now with it), it's been something I've wanted to do for a very loooooong time now. Interestingly, I have finally been put in a position to get the product on the first day of Lent. This if probably the first process in a long while that I am looking forward to (the last time I looked forward to the actual process was when I was pregnant with my son in '04).

Melly
02-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Good luck hon :D

I have a few praises :D

My husband is the best <3

Seth is asking more and more questions about Jesus, I just know he'll come to know Jesus, and I hope I am the one that leads him to the lord, but if not I don't care, I will rejoice no matter who does that, I just am so glad I can show my son Jesus.

My husband brought me home my favorite drink of all time and as its not on my diet plan, I simply said "I love you and I love the thought, but I cannot accept it, I'm really serious about all this and I'm afraid 1 soda will pull me back in."...

MsDahl
02-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Yay, for children looking for Jesus on their own volition! Also, I am so happy that things with your hubby have been so blessed Melly. I pray that you two continue to grow closer as husband and wife.

spiersdodgerblue
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
My hubby is well, we all went golfing today. (I'm not lettting him out of my sight for awhile lol) Everything is so green now and it's sunny, it's just the best time of year! We are leaving for golf @6:30am tomorrow. Life is good :)

~Kellee~
02-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I really married the best guy on the planet. I have had a REALLY rough day (not related to Valentine's Day) and he just laid down with me and let me cried and does whatever he can to make me feel better. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm truly blessed.:)

Melly
02-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Going to get my IUD out today! WOOT!

purplecloth
02-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I made it through my first Body Jam session in 18 months and I feel GOOOOOOOD!

Melly
02-19-2010, 01:35 AM
My IUD is removed, I can finally pee without feeling like something is stabbing through my uterus all the way up to my belly button. I know probably TMI, but its a praise for me, I always held it in till I could not hold it any longer because of this... I'm just glad to feel like my uterus is mine and I'm not sharing it with a piece of plastic.

Melly
02-19-2010, 03:43 PM
My husband called me a little while ago, and told me that they got a lot of work in, and looks like things are picking back up, he also said they might get over time in... WOOT! Answer prayers, for sure... so happy about this.

purplecloth
02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I hurt like crazy, but I did it and I'm alive...

purplecloth
02-22-2010, 08:56 AM
I did it. I've given it to you, and I feel good about it.

Melly
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm so proud of me. I was sure I gained weight this week, and surprisingly I stayed the same, I'd much rather stay the same then go up in weight. :)

purplecloth
02-25-2010, 04:45 AM
YES Bring it!!!!!

NOTHING is impossible through God!

I give this ALL back to you Lord, for I know it is you who has made this happen, not me!

GO God and I! We're a great team!

Ramura
03-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Thank you, Lord, for providing us with a government that values human life.

It's not perfect. Lots of bad decisions have been made and there is much work to be done. But it doesn't allow poisonous metals to be ground up and made into baby formula. It doesn't choose our jobs or how we will live our lives or suppress our individuality in so many other ways. It doesn't allow mine workers and other laborers to work in extremely hazardous environments with absolutely no protection. It doesn't restrict education to certain "eligible" individuals.

God, you have blessed us so much. Help us pass these blessings on and not forget the plight of those without the protection that they so desperately need from their governments.

Kelly
03-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Someone cancelled a meeting with our minister this morning so we were finally able to go and finalize our wedding ceremony. We start pre-marital classes again next week.

Melly
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Praise God, my card was just not activated easy fix :D... Nothing major, and I was able to get the few groceries I needed for tonights dinner.

Boudica
03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I just wanted to praise God today for bringing Sharon back into my life. I hope I can be as big of a blessing to her as she is to me. Thank you God.

purplecloth
03-05-2010, 02:18 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Bonnie
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I have a praise! That insurance issue I was dealing with, has been resolved. My one medication, although pretty expensive, will now be covered under the new insurance and will be applied to our yearly deductible. I was thinking the medication would be cheaper when I called the pharmacy for a refill today, (as a covered drug now) although disappointingly that wasn't the case. Once our deductible is met, the insurance covers everything at 100%. I was going to go through AARP for this medicine, but now I won't need to.

I was thanking God right away for answered prayer in getting this resolved. :)

purplecloth
03-06-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm overwhelmed by the people that the Lord brings into our lives.

I've just found out that my landlord, who we've always felt a bit negative towards, was a minister in the navy and one of his lecturers was John Drane who is the author of my main text book. They wanted to stay and chat, but had to go, but I had a hug from my land lady. Unreal!!!!

As we were talking I could physically feel the barrier between us melt. We all just started beaming and he has asked me that when (not if, but when) I am ordained that I start working towards bringing down the barriers the C of E has to ministers of other denominations to recognise their 'ordination' in the Lord.

I'm going to speak to my vicar about it tomorrow to see how true it is. As I know in our church we do not discriminate on grounds of denomination. Our invitation is to all those who love the Lord to gather around his table. But I know that isn't true of all denominations or all churches in the C of E.

I know dad has a reading from Ezra about the rebuilding of the church. I just hope I can live up to all these expectations.

But I feel light today, I just need to let this happen and the Lord will guide my footsteps.

WOOHOO!! Go GOD!

purplecloth
03-06-2010, 07:56 AM
My cousin has got his first job!
He wants to be a chef and he's landed a job in the kitchen of a pretty decent Hotel near where he lives.
I'm made up for him!

DIANAC
03-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Thank you, Father, for gently reminding me of sin living in me (Romans 7:20). And this way teaching me to show more kindness and understanding towards those who are entangled in a lifestyle of sin.

Melly
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Praise God for Excedrin, Motrin, and Tylenol :) Its eased my throat a lot... Just to bad its not fully stopped hurting.

purplecloth
03-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!

I did Body Balance, followed by Body Jam, followed by Body Pump.

3 hours straight in Studio 1! I had to know if I could do it. And I did it! But only through the strength and determination given to me by the Lord.

Thank you Lord, you are amazing indeed!