PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Accountability Thread - 2012

snooch
01-03-2012, 08:48 PM
We've had these threads in the past and they sort of died off, so here's a new one for 2012.

Post here to keep up with your cleaning routines, to do lists, get encouragement, ideas, or suggestions for cleaning tips, etc.

Fly Ladies too :D

BelovedDaughter
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
I've made the bed everyday this year so far! Sometimes it's when I get up & hubby is up. Sometimes it's when I get home from work. I'm also keeping up with emptying the dishwasher and reloading it everyday! I've also done really well with the laundry.

Jolinar
01-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Awesome.

Just in time for me to need an evening off because I tripped and hurt my knee\foot. LOL. I have gotten a lot accomplished since the beginning of the New Year though.

Ms_Tex
01-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd love to join in here, but more for some encouragement and accountability in decluttering our house and garage.

snooch
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd love to join in here, but more for some encouragement and accountability in decluttering our house and garage.

I need this as well. Not so much my garage, which is a disaster, and which I refuse to even begin to tackle, but definitely for my house.

Ms_Tex
01-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Okay, now that I have finally found a vacuum that can handle the cat hair on the living room carpet, I have no excuse to avoid vacuuming like I used to. Apparently, it got rid of the cat hair so well that our littlest kitty is wandering around sniffing everything looking for a scent.

tiredwalker
01-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Must. finish. laundry.

~Kellee~
01-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm in. Now that I have more time and a dryer coming (finally!) I feel it's time to get a cleaning routine set. I get discouraged because our house is old and when they sealed the floors they sealed in dirt and hair so it never looks as clean as I want it too. The baseboards also could use a new coat of paint, no matter how much I scrub I can't get them clean looking. It get's frustrating because in this house I never get the sparkly clean look even though I *know* it's clean.

felinity
01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Okay, now that I have finally found a vacuum that can handle the cat hair on the living room carpet, I have no excuse to avoid vacuuming like I used to. Apparently, it got rid of the cat hair so well that our littlest kitty is wandering around sniffing everything looking for a scent.

What vacuum is that, out of curiosity?

LoriDee
01-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Awesome! Thanks for this thread. I will come here for my FLY Lady reports. lol I know y'all will not get sick of me. At all. ;)

Today I have to put up the laundry I did yesterday, and I just have the baby's clothes and diapers to wash and some towels. That's it. The daily kitchen clean up, daily vacuum (thanks to my long haired dog), and finish putting together the baby's new room. A couple of 15 minute declutter jobs and I'm done!

Sam
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
[/COLOR]I am so in! These threads always work amazingly, we just need to keep it up!
Today I need to:
Dust Done! Ah! Ah! AH! ACHOO!!!!
Sweep/Mop kitchen
Clean the den :( Well, I am as done as I can be!

~Kellee~
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Today I need to:
Clean out Dahlia's dresser and pack up the clothes that are too small (I just finished clearing out so now I just need to pack it) Finished
Finish unpacking mine and DH's suitcases.
Clean up the clutter in the living room Finished
Clean the kitchen Finished

Now I just need to do the suitcases but I'm gonna wait till DH gets home for that one.

Mrs_B
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I'll go for it! Here's my to do for today:
-Wash diapers Done! Well, they are drying, but the hard, time intensive part is done
-Dishes Done, except silverware
-Clean off dining room table
-Straighten up each room, a few minutes in each room.

I'll start small, so I don't overwhelm myself. :)

Ms_Tex
01-04-2012, 10:26 AM
What vacuum is that, out of curiosity?

It's the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Canister Vacuum (http://www.bissell.com/pet-hair-eraser-cyclonic-canister-vacuum/). The only store that carries it locally is Best Buy (at least around here), but you can order it online from a lot of places. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that the canister is small, but I would rather empty it 4-5 times than get on my hands and knees and literally sweep the entire living room carpet with a rubber brush.

Ms_Tex
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Today's list:
* declutter living room - DONE
* vacuum living room - DONE
* empty dishwasher and reload it - DONE
* wash towels and scrubs - DONE
* sleep/nap - DONE
* 'date night' with hubby ("Chipwrecked" and dinner) - DONE

As a side note, I didn't plan to declutter the living room today, but I ended up doing it today. Well, all except the media center drawers, which I plan to do on Sunday. See what actually vacuuming the living room can lead to? :jaw-dropping:

christianmomma
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Today I need to
Finish up the laundry
De-clutter the dining room/kitchen areas
Wipe down the bathrooms.

GM
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Clutter free challenge : http://glynniswhitwer.com/

jelvenko
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Here is my list of stuff to accomplish after I get home from school this evening:

1. Trash
2. Dishes
3. Litter box
4. Make bed
5. Clean table
6. Clean bathroom

Plus I'm also going to get to work on my Fly Lady control journal. :)

snooch
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Clutter free challenge : http://glynniswhitwer.com/ (http://glynniswhitwer.com/)

I'm going to try this. Thanks for linking!

My husband is off work the rest of this week and there's no way I can get into any kind of routine with him home. He's going grocery shopping in a bit so I'm going to take 15 minutes and declutter *something* - probably the kitchen counter. Then when he's back to work on Monday, I really want to get into a good, set, daily routine.

jelvenko
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I managed to get everything accomplished on my list yesterday that I had planned on doing well before DH got home from work. :)

Here's my list for today:

DONE Litter box
DONE Make bed
DONE Dishes
DONE Vacuum second bedroom (roommate cleaned her room yesterday but didn't have time to vacuum, so I'm going to do it for her this evening while she's at school.)

And when I get that all done I'm going to work on my control journal some more. :) I found an empty binder that I'm going to use for it, just need to get it put together and start making my lists of daily things to do.

snooch
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm going to sticky this now, FYI :)

Jolinar
01-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Thank you for making this a sticky.

Today I have no energy. I am still coughing and have been since before Christmas. This is getting old.

I did manage to put away some laundry. Wash some more [just heard the dryer buzz] and worked on dishes which are almost done. I didn't get to do dishes yesterday. Now I have to make dinner.

LoriDee
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I did every single thing on my list today!! I'm so proud of myself, Y'all! You don't know how much of a procrastinator I have been in life. lol

I shined my sink
got dressed
made the bed
read my Bible and spent time in prayer
put on makeup (that's a big one right there!)
cleaned the kitchen to spotless
decluttered this house
swept the kitchen and laundry room
vacuumed the whole house
washed, dried and put away 2 loads of laundry and baby's diapers
started my FLY lady control journal
Ran to my husbands job since he picked up another shift and took him some things
and I even started a blog to keep up with my new awesome self. ha

Tonight I am not cooking since it's just me.

And now I can kick back and spend some time on the computer while the baby is napping.

Jolinar
01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Way to go! That is an impressive list!

snooch
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
You guys are inspiring! We're (finally!) taking down the Christmas tree tonight, so the vacuuming will get done too, and dishes after dinner. That's about all I had time for today. Tomorrow will be laundry and hopefully dusting.

Christina
01-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I don't have a routine since my work days vary. In general I try to vacuum once a week (my mom does it the other days since she lives here), clean litter boxes twice a week (we have 3 of them so it's not bad at all), do laundry twice a week, and neaten up any "hot spot" spaces such as my desk or dressers. Right now most of my housework is caught up on. My mom does a TON of stuff around here before I even have a chance to try to do it. Not that I'm complaining :D I am pleased with myself for being caught up right now so I will leave it at that. I try to remember that to most people, my house is very clean...LOL!

~Kellee~
01-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Today I need to deep clean the kitchen
Clean out the fridge
Clean the bathroom

We're also getting the first shipment of the Christmas stuff today so I need to start finding places to put everything. We don't have much storage in this house and can't exactly go out and buy anything right now so we'll see how it goes. I think this weekend I want to clean out the closets and get stuff together to donate.

LoriDee
01-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Today I am doing all the basics from yesterday, and my big chores are

cleaning the bathrooms
mopping
dusting
run vacuum again (thanks to dog)
laundry (will probably only have one load and going to do sheets today)
another thing I've assigned myself is catching up the baby's book. I haven't written anything in it in so long, I am afraid I will forget stuff.

Mrs_B
01-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Didn't do anything yesterday, DH had the day off so we went out of town shopping! :)

Here's what I need to do today:
Dishes Done, until we ate dinner! LOL
Laundry, I need to do as many loads as possible, it's really accumulated. Then I need to wash diapers before bed Gosh, I think I did 3 or 4 loads and just finished up diapers
Clean off kitchen table Done
Straighten living room, baby's room and my room Living room got done, none of the rest
Hopefully vacuum, this one is hard, it scares Megan sooo bad! Yep, didn't happen!

jelvenko
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Here is my list of things to accomplish today after DH leaves for work:

sweep kitchen
vacuum living room
dishes DONE
clean sink DONE
clean the litter box DONE
make bed
finish putting away DH's laundry from yesterday DONE

For now that's everything I want to get done today. :) If I have time I may find something else to add to the list.

LoriDee
01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Okay I failed on some of my duties. I did not get the mopping or dusting done, but DH said he will do it tomorrow, so I can live with that! I got everything else done, and I am just tired! I have to get up at 5 am and work 12 hours tomorrow, so I am not feeling guilty. And, well, the Cotton Bowl is on, sooo....that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

jelvenko
01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
My list for today has changed. Instead of sweeping and vacuuming, I am scrubbing down the bathtub. DH asked me if I could get that done before he gets home tonight, so I will do that instead of the floors. The floors will be tomorrow night. So here is my revised list:

dishes DONE
clean sink DONE
clean the litter box DONE
make bed
finish putting away DH's laundry from yesterday DONE
clean bathtub

Jolinar
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
I got stuff done today! Biggest accomplishment is getting all the dishes done. Although dinner is almost ready so there will be more dishes. LOL

Washed the kids beds, folded some laundry. I did good.

~Kellee~
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I got all of our closets cleaned out and have a huge pile of stuff to donate now. Our new dryer came so I got about 4 loads of laundry done. I also cleaned the kitchen and cooked dinner. I even managed to sneak a nap in there. I love when I have productive days. :D

snooch
01-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Does anyone own/use a steam mop? I cannot stand my hardwood floors. They are dirty CONSTANTLY. Swiffer doesn't get them clean enough, and wet-mopping breaks my back. I'm really considering a steam mop but I don't know how well they work or how easy they are to use. Any advice?

~Kellee~
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I have the cheapest shark steam mop and it's just okay, but I never feel like my floors are clean. I really would love something like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-FloorMate-SpinScrub-Cleaner-H3044/dp/B000R5LVVA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I24Z2MB49V3V0L&colid=3M23GASWZ5E20

jelvenko
01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Does anyone own/use a steam mop? I cannot stand my hardwood floors. They are dirty CONSTANTLY. Swiffer doesn't get them clean enough, and wet-mopping breaks my back. I'm really considering a steam mop but I don't know how well they work or how easy they are to use. Any advice?

My mom has a Shark that she LOVES. :) I've used it before and it works great. I've actually been trying to convince DH to let me get one, but we haven't been able to afford it. There are two different types, one that you have to wait for the pressure to build up in, and the other one that you pump to build up the pressure. My mom has used both and recommends the one that you pump. This is because as you use it, it pumps and keeps the pressure up that is needed. With the other one you have to stop and wait for it to build back up and it takes more time to finish the cleaning.

From my experience I would recommend getting one because they work really great, and aren't that hard to use at all. :) At least in my opinion.

jelvenko
01-07-2012, 08:52 PM
List for today:

vacuum DONE
sweep kitchen DONE
dishes DONE
litter box DONE
clean sink DONE
make bed

snooch
01-08-2012, 02:37 AM
I have the cheapest shark steam mop and it's just okay, but I never feel like my floors are clean. I really would love something like this one: [/URL][URL]http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-FloorMate-SpinScrub-Cleaner-H3044/dp/B000R5LVVA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I24Z2MB49V3V0L&colid=3M23GASWZ5E20 (http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-FloorMate-SpinScrub-Cleaner-H3044/dp/B000R5LVVA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I24Z2MB49V3V0L&colid=3M23GASWZ5E20)

Thank you both! The Hoover ^^ is the one I was actually looking at. Costco has it for a pretty good price. But hearing what Jessica said about her mom's Shark, I think I will look at them now too. I don't mind spending the money on it as long as it works and won't kill me to use it. I just want clean floors, and to be able to walk upright after cleaning them. :sigh:

tiredwalker
01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Couple loads of laundry: done
Floor swept and mopped: done
Counters and sink wiped down: done
Eat large portion of steak: done

Ms_Tex
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't have a routine since my work days vary.
My cleaning schedule also varies depending on my work schedule. I clean on my days off and give myself 'permission' not to worry about doing much on the days I do work.

clean litter boxes twice a week (we have 3 of them so it's not bad at all)
We scoop the boxes (3 of them) every other day; and if we keep the boxes topped off with litter, we can get away with changing the litter only once a month because of how deep they are. How many cats do you have now?

Here is my list of things to accomplish today after DH leaves for work:
It is so much easier for me to get things done after my husband leaves for work. I don't get much done around the house during the day while he's sleeping OR on the days he's off work. :(

I know what you mean. Swiffer never seemed to clean very well for me. When I clean our wood floors, I vacuum them with THIS (http://www.bissell.com/poweredge-pet-hard-floor-vacuum/), then use Bona hardwood floor cleaner.

I have the Bissell Steam Mop Deluxe (http://www.bissell.com/steam-mop-deluxe/) (it was on sale at Sears when I got it) but I use it mainly on our tile floors since too much water can eventually cause wood floors to warp -- even sealed ones. The steam mop works so well on the tile floors that I haven't even bothered to try the Bona cleaner for hard floors.

What kind of finish do your floors have - wax or polyurethane? How you should clean them really depends on what finish your floors have.

snooch
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I know what you mean. Swiffer never seemed to clean very well for me. When I clean our wood floors, I vacuum them with THIS (http://www.bissell.com/poweredge-pet-hard-floor-vacuum/), then use Bona hardwood floor cleaner.

I have the Bissell Steam Mop Deluxe (http://www.bissell.com/steam-mop-deluxe/) (it was on sale at Sears when I got it) but I use it mainly on our tile floors since too much water can eventually cause wood floors to warp -- even sealed ones. The steam mop works so well on the tile floors that I haven't even bothered to try the Bona cleaner for hard floors.

What kind of finish do your floors have - wax or polyurethane? How you should clean them really depends on what finish your floors have.

Thanks for the info! I wish I knew what kind of finish we have, but I have absolutely no idea. They are bamboo floors, and my husband says they are finished/sealed in some way but neither of us know with what. They look very natural, including all the natural dirt :/

I've had the same concern about using too much steam or water on the floors to clean them. I don't want mildew or mold to form under them either. Some of the boards have a wider seam than others -- I'm pretty sure the previous owner lay the floors himself and I'm not impressed with the workmanship. If it weren't so expensive, I'd replace them with laminate flooring. :(

Virginia
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
List for this week:
clean bathrooms
do laundry
vacuum
sweep and mop kitchen

I can't do daily lists anymore...I don't get home until 9/10/11 p.m. some nights ;)

Does anyone have any tried and true recipes for homemade, nontoxic cleaners? I've looked for some on the web, and I've used vinegar and lemon juice for some things, but it just doesn't seem to work as well...

Ms_Tex
01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info! I wish I knew what kind of finish we have, but I have absolutely no idea. They are bamboo floors, and my husband says they are finished/sealed in some way but neither of us know with what. They look very natural, including all the natural dirt :/
Try this:
How to Know the Finish on Hardwood Floors (http://www.ehow.com/how_6597214_finish-hardwood-floors.html)

I knew about #1, #2 and #3. I think once you know what finish you have, you can figure out the best way to clean your floors without damaging them.

snooch
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Try this:
How to Know the Finish on Hardwood Floors (http://www.ehow.com/how_6597214_finish-hardwood-floors.html)

I knew about #1, #2 and #3. I think once you know what finish you have, you can figure out the best way to clean your floors without damaging them.

Well that is awesome! I knew about none of those methods! Thank you :)

snooch
01-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Does anyone have any tried and true recipes for homemade, nontoxic cleaners? I've looked for some on the web, and I've used vinegar and lemon juice for some things, but it just doesn't seem to work as well...

I use straight vinegar on tough dirt and it works pretty well. I have not found a vinegar:water ratio that I'm happy with so when I can stand the smell, I use it straight.

LoriDee
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I just came off my long work weekend, so I didn't get any cleaning done. Thankfully DH kept everything up this weekend! I'm actually looking forward to getting home and getting my chores done. That is pretty crazy!!

The new morning and evening routines have been so helpful! It has saved me a lot of time in the mornings getting my stuff and the baby's stuff together. I can just grab and go because it's sitting by the door. I have not had to search for my keys once. Haha

snooch
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I've been doing pretty well this week (two whole days :P)!

I've dusted, gotten the dishes and sink cleaned every day, and done a good bit of de-cluttering which just makes my eyes happy. Husband vacuumed for me on Sunday, but I'm going to run it again tomorrow.

I've also started taking a Swiffer Duster, just one whenever I walk past the laundry room where it's stored, and dust *something* until the duster is dirty. I figured if I do this one duster at a time, eventually the whole house will get dusted and I won't go crazy keeping up with my second-least-favorite chore :)

LoriDee
01-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Oh I hate dusting too! This week I've just been maintaining due to my hectic schedule, but staying organized has been the best help. I can keep the kitchen clean, do a load of laundry a day and basically pick up and declutter but that's it. I'm off tomorrow so I will get the rest done! The best thing though is I won't have to catch up on laundry!

Ms_Tex
01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
It's been a week and the living room has stayed 'decluttered'. Then again, DH hasn't felt very good and hasn't spent a lot of time in the living room (he has spent a lot of time in bed). :P

So far, I have done dishes and laundry. DH is sleeping so he can work tonight, so my 'quiet activity' is to sort the stacks of papers into 'recycling', 'shred' and 'keep' piles. And go shopping. :D

jelvenko
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
UGH! Haven't done dishes in a couple of days and it is showing. :( Just don't want to do them is all. I need to get off my lazy rear and get them done though. Its driving me crazy having a sink full of dirty dishes.

So here is my list for this evening:

DISHES!!!
Clean litter box
Finish clipping the cat's claws
Give the cat a bath
straighten up bedroom

jelvenko
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
List for today:

Take PE quiz DONE
Do laundry DONE
Wash dishes DONE
Clean litter box DONE
Make the bed DONE
Sweep and mop the kitchen floor (if there's time) Ran out of time
Vacuum living room (if there's time) Ran out of time

I got a movie in the mail today from Netflix that I really want to see. So I am going to use that as a reward to myself for getting everything done tonight.

Ms_Tex
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
My cleaning goals for the week include:
- to keep up with the dishes and litter boxes DONE (so far)
- wash sheets on both beds DONE
- organize my side of the closet (not going to get done before I go back to work :()

Of course, most of my days will be filled with putting down hardwood flooring in the bedrooms and hallway.

snooch
01-20-2012, 12:43 AM
You guys are doing really well - a lot better than me :)

Tomorrow is laundry, including sheets, and vacuuming. I want to begin to make a dent on cleaning out 2011 files from the filing cabinet if I can too.

tiredwalker
01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Wash all three sets of sheets
remake beds
wash floor (done plus three times under the table) done
bake cookies and clean the mess done

jelvenko
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
List for the entire weekend of what I want to get accomplished:

Complete my resume
sweep and mop kitchen DONE!
vacuum
bathe the cats
clean under stove DONE!

snooch
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Things have gotten out of hand when vacuuming the bathtub is the most viable option :/

mina
01-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Today I : did laundry - lights and darks
deep cleaned the bathroom- scrubbing floor, fixtures, and washing the shower curtain and liner
vacuumed all the floors except the office.
rearranged the linen/everything closet to hold all the towels.....
did non dishwasher dishes....

mina
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM

I know this post is from a while ago, but I wanted to weigh in. I have a shark steam mop and I love it! My house in Ga. had mostly tile floors and it did an amazing job. I even used it to clean my tile shower! I never used it to clean the hardwood, b/c my wood floors were old heart of pine floors. Now our apartment has painted wood floors and vinyl tile. Steaming everything was the first thing I did when we moved in. It got up so much dirt! It works well on the wood floors sealed with paint. The vinyl tile is from at least 20 years ago and it will never look clean, but the steam mop made it about 4 shades lighter! So it looks cleaner than it did when I just mopped it with mr. clean and a mop. And the steamer eliminates musty smells so I am very happy with mine.

snooch
01-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I know this post is from a while ago, but I wanted to weigh in. I have a shark steam mom and I love it! My house in Ga. had mostly tile floors and it did an amazing job. I even used it to clean my tile shower! I never used it to clean the hardwood, b/c my wood floors were old heart of pine floors. Now our apartment has painted wood floors and vinyl tile. Steaming everything was the first thing I did when we moved in. It got up so much dirt! It works well on the wood floors sealed with paint. The vinyl tile is from at least 20 years ago and it will never look clean, but the steam mop made it about 4 shades lighter! So it looks cleaner than it did when I just mopped it with mr. clean and a mop.

This is great feedback - thanks mina! I've got the info that Ms. Tex gave me about how to test what kind of sealer is on our hardwood floors, and my husband has been promising to test it so we know if a steam mop would be safe. But he's a procrastinator, so... you've given me a good reason to nag him again though :P

rvshdw
01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I guess this is one I get to cheat on. lol!!!
As I LOVE cleaning, yeah, I know, I'm an odd ball!!! heee!!!
I just love a clean/good smelling home, always have.
I can't stand it if my place isn't clean or organized.
I'm constantly going around reorganizing things/etc..:hippie:
I think I got it from my Grandmother as she always kept a tidy place.

For those that may need a little help in that area, If you will clean just
"one room" a day, by the end of the week your place will be spic/span
and may help you to not feel over whelmed by too much cleaning at
one time. :)
Blessings.

snooch
01-23-2012, 11:01 PM
For those that may need a little help in that area, If you will clean just "one room" a day, by the end of the week your place will be spic/span and may help you to not feel over whelmed by too much cleaning at one time. :)
Blessings.

This is really important for me. I've been trying to pick up a Swiffer duster when I walk past the laundry room and dust some area of the house until the duster is dirty, so I can do little bits of it at a time and not get overwhelmed by the idea of dusting the whole house in one sitting. Breaking big jobs up into small, manageable pieces really does help :)

Ms_Tex
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Things have gotten out of hand when vacuuming the bathtub is the most viable option :/
hmm Makes me wonder about you.

For those that may need a little help in that area, If you will clean just
"one room" a day, by the end of the week your place will be spic/span
and may help you to not feel over whelmed by too much cleaning at
one time. :)
Blessings.

Good idea, but I would end up doing a room per week (after I get this place decluttered). My goal is to declutter one room each month during 2012 (yes, it will take me that long for some rooms). I did the living room this month and it looked great -- for a couple of weeks. Now we have the baseboards for the bedroom, our bed frame and shelving for the spare bedroom on the floor. Most of it will be out by tonight, and the rest should all be gone by the end of the month, and the living room back to 'normal' again.

snooch
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
hmm Makes me wonder about you.

LOL. The tub is separate from the shower and NEVER gets used. It's right next to where I dry my hair, and it's right where my dog loves to lay while I dry my hair. So the combination of my hair and her hair makes the unused tub somewhat furry if I don't clean it every week (which I don't because it's never used). Hence the vacuum ;)

KarrieMarie08
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
I would join this but since I am moving I have no choice but to clean and go through stuff and repack so I am watching this thread and I'll post if I need too, great idea tho just seen this.

Mrs_B
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Here's what I need to do today:
Wash diapers
Wash Megan's 6-9 month clothes and put them all away
Weed out the clothes that don't fit her anymore
Dishes
Clean the bathtub

mina
01-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I found a weekly cleaning plan on pinterest and now I'm attempting to follow it. It seems so easy on paper!
Yesterday was the bedroom: vacuum, pick up and put away clothes, dust.
Today: deep clean kitchen, organize pantry, go through fridge......, maybe the floors.

snooch
01-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Did good today! Dishes, laundry, and finally got my 2011 files cleaned out of the filing cabinet to make way for 2012. Now I just need to file the first month of 2012 :P

snooch
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Today:

Dusted master bedroom
Cleaned master bath top to bottom (except the mirror because I can't reach, hubs will do that :P)
Vacuumed house
Dishes done

That's a good day of cleaning for me.

katzankatz
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Spent 55 minutes on living room and dining room - decluttering, vacuuming, dusting. Now I need to clean the kitchen - yay.

mina
01-31-2012, 06:48 PM
yesterday- bathroom- totally scrubbed down and sparkling
today- laundry, vacuumed living room, dusted in bedroom.

jelvenko
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
DH told me to take it easy today since I've been up since 5 AM because of my exam this morning. However, I do still want to try and accomplish a few things:

Dishes
Make bed
Litter box DONE
Make lunch for tomorrow DONE
Find clothes for tomorrow DONE

tiredwalker
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Okay, gotta get back to it!

Dust (finished)
Vacuum (finished)
Dishes (finished)
2 loads laundry (finished)
Toilets and sinks
Tub (finished)

snooch
03-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you for bringing back this thread!

Ann
05-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Well today is my day off from work. I never have Monday's off so this is nice. Anyway, I will be doing what I normally do on Thursdays.
Clean the bathroom
Clean the kitchen
Do whatever laundry needs to be done
Vacuum
make up a few meals or at least one for tonight.
and any other misc cleaning that I come across. Really if you think about it like my grandma used to say it only takes 2 min to do something right.
an extra my hair highlighted she comes to my house so that is nice.

snooch
05-14-2012, 12:05 PM
My husband's going out of town on Wednesday, so today I'm getting all the laundry done so I can get him packed tomorrow.

I'm also meeting with our pest control contractor, cleaning up the filing sitting on my desk, and hopefully will run the vacuum this afternoon.

tiredwalker
05-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Dishwasher unloaded and loaded as needed (done)
Bathroom sink washed (done)
Three loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, put away (two loads down)
Toilets cleaned (one cleaned)

tiredwalker
05-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I've got a "git 'er done" day today:

Call OBGYN about glucose test (finished)
Water plants (finished)
Unload/reload dishwasher (finished)
Make laundry detergent x5 batch (finished, and I'm pretty sure the blender is broken)
5 loads laundry wash, dry, fold, put away (4 down)
Dust (delegating 48 inches and lower to small children)
Sweep
Mop
Clean toilet and sink (downstairs) (finished)
Clean shower (upstairs toilet/sink and floor finished)
Marinate the chicken wings (finished)
General de-clutter

snooch
05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
TW, I'm tired just reading your list!

I've got a load of laundry going and one more to go
Dishes
Clean the shower
Pay a bunch of bills
Unpack my husband's bags from his trip
Appt this afternoon

katzankatz
05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
1 load laundry (done)
shop for dinner (done)
Target for a shelf and cat food (done)
clean the toilet
clean the shower
build closet shelf and then organize
throw down laundry
bring laundry upstairs
work @ WAGS (done)

ALL DONE (whew)

tiredwalker
05-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Poop. I sat down and I'm having a hard time getting up.

katzankatz
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
For 5/21

organize clothes for 30 min
clean bathroom sink
tidy bathroom
vacuum living rm
work on dining room for 15 min
fold basket of laundry and put away
phone Rx refill
concert PM

All done!

tiredwalker
05-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I got most of it done yesterday, but here's for today:

Water plants
Wash clothes (almost done)
Dust
Sweep
Mop
Sit down and drink iced peach tea

katzankatz
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
for 5/23

30 min in bedroom (book shelves, night stand, sweep, dust)
1 load laundry
vac stairs and d room
box up goodwill
pick up Rx

Ann
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
5/24 Day off today. ( I work 4 10's)

3 loads of laundry washed, folded and put away.
dusted living room
emptied and loaded dishwasher
made 2 cold salads for sides.
put dinner in the crock pot
cleaned off computer desk
cleaned the bathroom
took out the garbage
made the bed

katzankatz
05-24-2012, 09:10 PM
nothing today. well, except my job that pays money.

tiredwalker
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Water plants--was filling up the sprinkling can and it started raining. yay.
Clean toilets (finished)
wash diapers (finished)
wash and fold 4 loads laundry (third load in)
sweep and mop (finished)
take a shower and bathe the kids (finished)
keep the kids from destroying the house before company comes (finished)

snooch
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
TW, you inspire me. You have three little kids running around and another in your belly and you still get all this housework done. Did I say you inspire me? I meant inspire and shame me! :P

I'm going to go do laundry now.

tiredwalker
06-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Well thank you. It's not nearly as awesome as it seems. I don't have to watch my niece anymore (unemployment feels great!), and I completely ignored my children for the entire morning...and I was able to do this by putting all of their toys in a closet and making them watch CinderElmo :D I should probably do something nice for them later hmm

snooch
06-29-2012, 11:54 AM
LOL that made me laugh :D

Sam
08-07-2012, 10:28 AM
OK I need motivation! So today I need to:
Vaccum Done
Sweep/ Mop
Dust (ugh!) Done
Work on my sewing projects!

tiredwalker
09-25-2013, 12:56 PM